Are the cabin walls magnetic

the english lady

Now I am sure I read somewhere that the cabin walls are magnetic,and if we wanted to put a map on the wall,small magnets would hold it on place, rather than blue tac.

Did I read it somewhere, or is it one of my dreams again?

Well if it was a dream it was very vivid. Cos yes they are metal and magnets will stick to them. :)

Yes they are. We stick the ipad to the wall and watch films!

Loobs40, that is a new one on me!!!!!!!. Is your case magnetic then??

I assume these are films you have downloaded, that are probably more upto date than what is shown on the tele in the cabin.

I have a google nexus -I guess that is a tad too small to attach to the wall and watch anything.

Loobs40, that is a new one on me!!!!!!!. Is your case magnetic then??

I assume these are films you have downloaded, that are probably more upto date than what is shown on the tele in the cabin.

I have a google nexus -I guess that is a tad too small to attach to the wall and watch anything.

It was my husband who discovered this by accident on an NCL cruise.It is indeed the cover that is metal. We download films and programmes from bbc iplayer etc onto the ipad and watch them on the plane or late at night.

I also have some recent Take That concerts on my IPad that I like to watch....

I'll get my coat....

It was my husband who discovered this by accident on an NCL cruise.It is indeed the cover that is metal. We download films and programmes from bbc iplayer etc onto the ipad and watch them on the plane or late at night.

I also have some recent Take That concerts on my IPad that I like to watch....

I'll get my coat....

in which case loobs40, if it's Take That I will get my coat as well-even though I am a lady of a very certain age!!!!!!

Now I am sure I read somewhere that the cabin walls are magnetic,and if we wanted to put a map on the wall,small magnets would hold it on place, rather than blue tac.

Did I read it somewhere, or is it one of my dreams again?

We get a fridge magnet to hold our Itinerary/booked shorex on the cabin wall. (Worked on Arcadia, so you will be right on J402!)

Edited by NSWP

looks as though our cabin walls will be festooned with all manner of things then.

Thank you all very much.

NSWP -we are putting off buying ship shore excursions until we are onboard ,so our OBS goes towards it. Hopefully we will still get all the ones we want.

Some we are wandering around on our own.

Never been on Arcadia ,so here's hoping we like her. Nice of P and O to spruce her up for us!

• 6 months later...

Anyone know about the Grand Princess? I called customer service and they told me the walls would not hold a magnet, but I'm inclined to not believe them so much... Also, the operator thought I was cuckoo for asking. LOL

I picked up the fridge magnet thingy on the 'First Time Cruisers' forum before we went on our first cruise last February. So I took some along with me and lo and behold, they did a fantastic job of keeping all my excursion tickets, Horizon and lord knows what on the walls and in a safe place.

English Lady,

What a great question! Thank you and everyone else;it has led to some very useful ideas/tips . I shall definitely get a map for the Caribbean cruise we have booked for next year....and get a couple of hooks.:):)

Starry

We use them for any number of things B day cards, photo of our baby dog and very useful for leaving notes for the OH when we do separate things in the day saves you wandering around looking for them.

While the following video isn't for P&O the process is the same for most cruise lines including P&O. A lot of people don't realise that the cabins are fabricated off the ship then wheeled into place. You can see the metal walls and doors being put together, its a short video not the whole process!.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11376-video-inside-cabin-factory-at-meyer-for-quantum-newbuilds.html

Hope you find it interesting :)

• 2 months later...