Will I make a 10:00 am flight from Black Falcon to BOS?

Debitoo

It's too late to worry about that now! You either will make it or you won't. I would recommend carrying everything off yourself ASAP and have nothing to declare:) Oh, and make sure that your account is settled the night before.

Good luck.

Edited by MommaBear55

Getting off the Brilliance a couple weeks ago was super easy. No lines for customs like in Galveston. Our luggage was ready when we were called to disembark.

However, getting a ride from the terminal did take some time.

Once you have a ride, getting to the airport is very quick. we were there before we knew it... about 10 mins.

Getting to our gate at Logan was more difficult than it should have been as there were 2 B terminals. We had to lug our gear across a parking garage to get to the right B terminal. Make sure your ride knows which terminal to drop you off.

Getting through security was typical. I'd imagine most of your time will be spent here.

Its going to be tight. Make sure you have all of your ducks in a row! Good luck!

...there were 2 B terminals. We had to lug our gear across a parking garage to get to the right B terminal. Make sure your ride knows which terminal to drop you off.

There are not 2 Terminal Bs, really, only one with two access sides, in the middle of which the small access road loops in and back (with not much distance to cross it, and go through a couple of rows of parking--if you pack more than you can handle yourself, carts are available to rent) to the main road. The signs for each airline are clearly posted over the terminal doors and any taxi driver, passenger (or friend driving who is not flustered by city driving) can see them easily. Vehicles have only to follow the road around until the desired airline's sign is located.

At Logan, the confusion is generally with the once-only, crowded with text, and therefore bad, iniital signage indicating which airline is in which terminal.

It's too late to worry about that now! You either will make it or you won't. I would recommend carrying everything off yourself ASAP and have nothing to declare:) Oh, and make sure that your account is settled the night before.

Good luck.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm not leaving till Sept 2014. Trying to figure air fare now so I can get decent pricing. So far there aren't many flights at noon or 1:00. Most are early AM or late afternoon. I just don't want to sit around the airport for hours....

Thanks all for your replies.

So far there aren't many flights at noon or 1:00. Most are early AM or late afternoon. I just don't want to sit around the airport for hours.....

You could consider taking a somewhat later flight and having some time in Boston. The airport water shuttle, not far from Quincy Market and the North End (Little Italy-type neighborhood), will store luggage so you can walk around a bit, maybe have lunch or brunch, and make a more leisurely trip to the airport on their boat. Taxi from the cruise dock to the water shuttle dock is not a lot of time or money.

We had a 12:45 flight 2 Sundays ago. I wish we'd have chosen the 11:20 flight but a 10:00 would have been too early, I think. At least for us.

We left the ship about 20 minutes after the "self-struggle" group did (Lordy be, I've never seen folks trying to wrangle such big suitcases...it was only a 1-week cruise! :p ).

Be sure to ask to get off with "group 1" if you don't do self-struggle. The cab ride on a Sunday morning was very quick...and much more relaxing than the rides on weekdays. Still, I'd stress about a 10:00 flight.

You could consider taking a somewhat later flight and having some time in Boston. The airport water shuttle, not far from Quincy Market and the North End (Little Italy-type neighborhood), will store luggage so you can walk around a bit, maybe have lunch or brunch, and make a more leisurely trip to the airport on their boat. Taxi from the cruise dock to the water shuttle dock is not a lot of time or money.

The Rowes Wharf water taxi will store your luggage for free if you buy a $10/pp water taxi ticket to go across the harbor to Logan Airport. This leaves you free to enjoy Boston for several hours for the day unencumbered. This is a really good deal - the luggage storage is free and $20 to the airport is a great price.

Edited by 138east

You would need to be at the airport about 2 hours ahead of stated takeoff time, at least. On a Sunday, it would take about 20 minutes to get there from the cruise terminal max.

20 minutes? Maybe if you walked. From the terminal you get right in the tunnel and pop out at the airport. 10 minutes max unless you hit rush hour traffic (unlikely on a Sunday).

I also wouldn't do it -- why spend the tail end of your vacation stressing over whether you may not get on a flight that day at all?

The airport is not far. However, getting off the ship and standing in the taxi line could easily eat an hour of your time, depending on the crowd you're with, other events in town calling upon lots of taxis at the same time, etc.

If you planned to walk off at the first possible opportunity with your own bags and had a car service waiting... maybe. But even that I personally wouldn't risk. Not when there are options like the water taxi or even a cruise ship tour to fill the time for you.

Is 10 minutes really worth being SO RUDE about?

Sorry, I didn't intend to come across as rude.

I agree with the above post that distance to the airport isn't the issue, but delays in ship arrival, disembarking, customs, luggage retrieval, getting a cab, etc are.

• 1 month later...