How many cruises to become Elite

workstocruise

We are Platinum on RCCL so when we took our first cruise on Celebrity we became Select. We are taking our 2nd cruise in a few days and our 3rd one in August. How many cruises do we need to take to gain Elite status? Thanks.

We are Platinum on RCCL so when we took our first cruise on Celebrity we became Select. We are taking our 2nd cruise in a few days and our 3rd one in August. How many cruises do we need to take to gain Elite status? Thanks.

It would have been easier to make Diamond on RCCL first, then get Elite status when you sail Celebrity. We alternated between RC and Celebrity and made Diamond on RC and Elite on Celebrity about the same time. Now we're Diamond Plus, but still like experiencing other cruise lines.

We go for the itinerary.

It is not so much a matter of how many cruises, as how long they are and what kind of cabin you have. You'd have more complete information on the CelebrityCruises website under Captains Club. If you have Concierge Class, for example, you get double points for each night. The formula is a little complicated, so look at the web site.

It's not based on the number of cruises, per se, as Celebrity has gone to a points system. You get points based on the length of cruise and the type of cabin you booked. For example, if you book a PH for 10 days, it's 18 points per day, so you get 180 points for that cruise. For Elite, you need 300 to 749 points, for Elite Plus you need 750 to 2999 points.

9 nights in the PH as a solo will get you 9 x 18 x 2 = 324 points, Elite, after only 1 cruise!

Add another 12 days to it and Elite Plus in only 2 cruises. :D

Here's the earnings schedule:

• Inside/Ocean View 2
  • Veranda 3
  • Concierge Class/AquaClass® 5
  • Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite 8
  • Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12
  • Reflection or Penthouse Suite 18

Solo travelers sailing on a a full 100% single supplement, get double points.

Full details here.

Edited by cle-guy

Ok I'm really confused. The X website says that after one 12 night cruise in a Veranda cabin I have 60 points. I am platinum on RCCL. Is that where the points came from? Do both my DH and I get points? So after our next cruise,

We should get 12 x 3 (veranda) x 2 =72 more points added to our 60 from our first cruise? So with this equation, my platinum status will not help us get to Elite?

Ok I'm really confused. The X website says that after one 12 night cruise in a Veranda cabin I have 60 points. I am platinum on RCCL. Is that where the points came from? Do both my DH and I get points? So after our next cruise,

We should get 12 x 3 (veranda) x 2 =72 more points added to our 60 from our first cruise? So with this equation, my platinum status will not help us get to Elite?

Your accounts are separate. So YOU will earn 12 x 3 = 36 points to your Captain's club account, and your DH 36 to his, it won't be 72 points to a single account (unless you sail solo). They will have no affect on Crwn and Anchor points as points earned on multiple brands do not consolidate, however as you reach certain "levels' in C&A reciprocal benefits are extended on Celebrity and vice-versa.

As to your 60 points you see on the X website in your account. Someplace is a link to click to SEE SAILING HISTORY and that will spell out how you have 60 in account now. Maybe you had a long time ago cruise you forgot about that got included in the conversion (X converted from a simply points per cruise system to point per day based on cabin category about 2 years ago now) at that point they converted the prior points earned at 1 point = 15 of the new points. Maybe you were on a cruise that offered bonus points on a particular cruise (there were some 25 bonus point offers offered in the last year or so but this would be 12 x 3 = 36 + 25 = 61 points, not the 60 you note).

Edited by cle-guy

Your accounts are separate. So YOU will earn 12 x 3 = 36 points to your Captain's club account, and your DH 36 to his, it won't be 72 points to a single account (unless you sail solo). They will have no affect on Crwn and Anchor points as points earned on multiple brands do not consolidate, however as you reach certain "levels' in C&A reciprocal benefits are extended on Celebrity and vice-versa.

As to your 60 points you see on the X website in your account. Someplace is a link to click to SEE SAILING HISTORY and that will spell out how you have 60 in account now. Maybe you had a long time ago cruise you forgot about that got included in the conversion (X converted from a simply points per cruise system to point per day based on cabin category about 2 years ago now) at that point they converted the prior points earned at 1 point = 15 of the new points. Maybe you were on a cruise that offered bonus points on a particular cruise (there were some 25 bonus point offers offered in the last year or so but this would be 12 x 3 = 36 + 25 = 61 points, not the 60 you note).

Everything Cle said is correct, the most important thing you need to remember is as he said the points are not combinable for Royal and Celebrity. You count them separate. As someone stated earlier, you would be better getting Diamond from your Royal Account and then you will automatically get Elite on Celebrity.

Celebrity status points and RCCL status points are completely separate. Each line uses a points-based calculation that combines cabin category and days sailed. The cruise line you're on will give you whichever status is the higher of the two.

I'm Celebrity Elite status by points earned, which gives me reciprocal RCCL Diamond status. My RCCL points total is unchanged at just the points I earned with RCCL and still way under the Diamond threshold.

Well thanks everyone for all your answers. Decided I will just have to suck it up and earn my way on Celebrity to become elite. We prefer X over Royal and since we don't sail in suites it would take us another 4 cruises to get to Diamond on Royal. I really don't see that happening right now.

Well thanks everyone for all your answers. Decided I will just have to suck it up and earn my way on Celebrity to become elite. We prefer X over Royal and since we don't sail in suites it would take us another 4 cruises to get to Diamond on Royal. I really don't see that happening right now.

Celebrity sometime have bonus point for people book 7 or more months before cruising which depend on type of cabin you book. We will find out if it's ture (additional 75 pts for C2) till we finish our Infinity Panama cruise in Nov.:D