Another parking Question

Mr and Mrs CIQ

I know that parking at the Port Everglades port parking cost $15.00 per day. I also understand you can book parkngo for $6.99 per day.

This will be our first time driving to the port.

How long does it take to get out of the port parking vs. the parkngo? Do you have to wait long for the shuttle for parkngo? We will be on Holland America cruise in Oct. Which is better?

We have always bit the bullet and parked in the pier parking. It is a 2-3 minute walk from the HAL ships. We have a long drive home on our return and the thought of waiting on a shuttle, waiting until it fills up, stopping and unload and than finally getting into our car just does not appeal to me.

I know that parking at the Port Everglades port parking cost $15.00 per day. I also understand you can book parkngo for $6.99 per day.

This will be our first time driving to the port.

How long does it take to get out of the port parking vs. the parkngo? Do you have to wait long for the shuttle for parkngo? We will be on Holland America cruise in Oct. Which is better?

Our experience with Park & Go was we pulled into their lot (right at the port), we were immediately put on a shuttle with one other couple and taken to the terminal.....(so less than 10 min total).

When we got off the ship, we did self-assist and took our own luggage off. We got off at 6:15am, got on the waiting shuttle and was in our car and on I-595 by 6:40am.

Your experience may vary depending on what time you get off your ship.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Our experience with Park & Go was we pulled into their lot (right at the port), we were immediately put on a shuttle with one other couple and taken to the terminal.....(so less than 10 min total).

When we got off the ship, we did self-assist and took our own luggage off. We got off at 6:15am, got on the waiting shuttle and was in our car and on I-595 by 6:40am.

Your experience may vary depending on what time you get off your ship.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Thanks, GTO-Girl, for tho info --- exactly what I was seeking!

One question: Exactly where is the lot? Once we go through the security gate at the port, it seems I recall a road to the right and I'm hoping that is where the Park-N-Go lot is located. We usually drive down the day before, stay at LaQuinta Hollywood and in the past cruise parking was free with a shuttle to the port and taxi from the port, so I've never paid attention to the Park-N-Go.

Thanks for the help!!

Embassy suites on 17th St.. Cost of $7.00 per day for parking at hotel. Then you have to get cab ride back to hotel.

Where do you get parking at Embassy Suites for $7/day? I was just on their website and it was $18/day?

Cheryl

Did they say you still have to pay the $18 for the night before the cruise? I know we have to do that at the Residence Inn the night before our cruise out of PC.

Thanks for your info. I've got a reservation at the Fairfield Inn with parking for $129 on 9/19, but I've seen a lot of reports about it being an unsafe area to leave the car.

Cheryl

Thanks, GTO-Girl, for tho info --- exactly what I was seeking!

One question: Exactly where is the lot? Once we go through the security gate at the port, it seems I recall a road to the right and I'm hoping that is where the Park-N-Go lot is located. We usually drive down the day before, stay at LaQuinta Hollywood and in the past cruise parking was free with a shuttle to the port and taxi from the port, so I've never paid attention to the Park-N-Go.

Thanks for the help!!

I am not from the area so all I remember is that is was right outside the terminal......

When we were there in November the terminal had a lot of construction going on so our shuttle driver took us around the back way to get to the Royal Caribbean gate.

If you do use them book online to get the best price and to reseve your spot. We will definately use them whenever we sail from FLL.

Edited by GTO-Girl

Park N Go and another company ParkNFly are at the end of I-595 at the 1st stoplight-- ParkNGo is to the left and the .other company ParkNFly on road to the right. Both are OUTSIDE Port Everglades security gate. We have used both companies but have used ParkNGo for past several years. Very efficient. several weeks prior to cruise I make a reservation on their website & pre-pay on credit card, and they give a discount. Then print out the pre-paid receipt. Usually they have dedicated van to each ship or to 2 ships that are in same section of the port. Since Princess is off by itself, there is 1 van for Princess. They do an efficient & huge business!

When we disembark we get a porter to handle our luggage & tell him we are going with ParkNGo -- all porters know where to take you. Usually when we are just out of customs, I call ParkNGo to request pickup. When we get to the spot for pickup, frequently there is a van already there -- the company knows what ships are disembarking & who are their customers, so they go ahead & send a van, so customers' wait is not so long!!

Edited by Cruisin Kay D