Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

I am coming in 11/23 for a night pre cruise. I will get there in the evening after a loooong travel day with a 4 year old. My goal would be to sit down and eat, grab a bottle of wine then go back to my room and relax. My two options are Hampton Inn on sterling or hyatt place

Oops hit enter too soon!

Hyatt place 17th Street convention center. Which would fit my needs better? They both have breakfast the next day. Oh I also need a store where I can purchase my sons soy milk. Dont think it would keep non refrigerated during travel.

I was wondering if anyone had stayed @ the Bahia Mar Hotel? Its just my DH and I for one night. If you have stayed there, what was your experience like? They do have a restaurant on site, right?

I am also looking into Hyatt Place on 17th Street. Its a few more dollars but I'm wondering if its good hotel.

Any feedback is much appreciated :D

Teresa

The restaurant on site Bahia Mar isn't anything special. If you'd like a water view walk a block or 2 to Oasis or Bahia Cabana, on either side of the same marina as Bahia Mar.

Oops hit enter too soon!

Hyatt place 17th Street convention center. Which would fit my needs better? They both have breakfast the next day. Oh I also need a store where I can purchase my sons soy milk. Dont think it would keep non refrigerated during travel.

HP Convention Center is a block from Publix,Winn Dixie,Total Wine, and restaurants. Hampton Inn on Stirling would not be as convenient and there are no grocery stores there other than Kmart and BJs Club.

I am also looking at either Hyatt Place 17th street of Best Western Oakland Park.

Any one stay at one or both to compare. Would like to be able to walk to a store in case we need last minute items.

Thank You

Hyatt Place is MUCH nicer and newer than BW and MUCH closer to airport and port. Both are close to stores.

Our family will be overnighting pre-cruise 12/19/14. We are flying into Miami and will rent a car to drive to FLL. Is there a rental car drop off close to port? In Port Canaveral we rented with Budget and they took us to the port after we returned our car. Pick up when we return will also very needed to get a car to drive back to Miami. Great priced first class tickets into Miami are making this more difficult! Right now our hotel reservations are at the new Residence Inn, opening in October.

Our family will be overnighting pre-cruise 12/19/14. We are flying into Miami and will rent a car to drive to FLL. Is there a rental car drop off close to port? In Port Canaveral we rented with Budget and they took us to the port after we returned our car. Pick up when we return will also very needed to get a car to drive back to Miami. Great priced first class tickets into Miami are making this more difficult! Right now our hotel reservations are at the new Residence Inn, opening in October.

Most of the car rental agencies have locations close to the port, including Budget on SE 17th St, which has a free shuttle. Just Google Map Port Everglades and then "search nearby" for car rentals.

HP Convention Center is a block from Publix,Winn Dixie,Total Wine, and restaurants. Hampton Inn on Stirling would not be as convenient and there are no grocery stores there other than Kmart and BJs Club.

Thank you! Tried getting a good rate through value teip but have yet to get a response.

have booked the Best Western Plus Airport and was wondering about the cost of a taxi for 4 adults to the port? thanks

If it's the BW on Stirling Rd it will cost about $20-25 per taxi. If it's the one on SR 84, it will cost about $15.

Got my response today. It wasnt the original price but it was the same price the Hampton was charging and still cheaper than what hyatt had on their site. Hope they have shuttle from airport. If not how much would taxi be?

Also mjs says they dont atart h otel pick up til 11. I kinda wanted to be at boat by 11 as I got fttf. Any other ideas?

Got my response today. It wasnt the original price but it was the same price the Hampton was charging and still cheaper than what hyatt had on their site. Hope they have shuttle from airport. If not how much would taxi be?

Also mjs says they dont atart h otel pick up til 11. I kinda wanted to be at boat by 11 as I got fttf. Any other ideas?

Unless things have changed, HP has a free airport shuttle. Each ride is only about $10 plus tip per taxi. I wouldn't even bother with shuttles.

The restaurant on site Bahia Mar isn't anything special. If you'd like a water view walk a block or 2 to Oasis or Bahia Cabana, on either side of the same marina as Bahia Mar.

Thank you for answering. I am looking at so many hotels, its hard when you are not familiar with the area. Thanks again! :)

hi, we are coming into ft lauderdale airport and staying at the hilton marina hotel, there is a bus stop sign outside the hotel can we get a bus from the airport to the hotel, thanks for any advice

Hi,:) are you asking about getting from the Airport to the hotel? After

you get your bags from baggage claim, go outside and there is a taxi

cab stand. It is much easier to take a cab. There are no buses ( that

I can recall). I have flown down to FLL many, many, many times over

the years.

Take a cab to the hotel:)

Hi,:) are you asking about getting from the Airport to the hotel? After

you get your bags from baggage claim, go outside and there is a taxi

cab stand. It is much easier to take a cab. There are no buses ( that

I can recall). I have flown down to FLL many, many, many times over

the years.

Take a cab to the hotel:)

How much for Taxi from FLL airport to Embassy Suites?

hi, we are coming into ft lauderdale airport and staying at the hilton marina hotel, there is a bus stop sign outside the hotel can we get a bus from the airport to the hotel, thanks for any advice

Yes, you can take the bus. Get the (#1) bus at the airport going north. Get off at SE 17th St. Take the (#40) bus east on SE 17th St. to just before the bridge, then walk about 1-2 blocks to Hilton Marina. This will cost $3.50 per person (or 1.70 if you are Senior/youth/disabled/medicare with ID). A taxi will cost about $15 and will be SO much easier. It's a very short ride.

Edited by royalcruz