Illusion Show and Dinner......what's your opinion?

cowboygene

Our whole family enjoyed the show. My wife was called on stage and assisted with at trick. Even up close she couldn't figure out how they did it.

Our expectations for the food were low based on reviews seen here but we were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the meal as well..

We did it the first night for the discount - I wouldn't recommend it that night because it started before the sail away show was over. Otherwise, it was decent. Get there early to get under the "dome" ... If you are seated on the outer ring then you have to watch the "overhead" portion of the show on a screen.

We thoroughly enjoyed the magic tricks and illusions. The food was okay and we could have done without the backstory to the show. The actual performers were great. I would do it again but would really just enjoy watching the illusions over and over...

We enjoyed both the show and the dinner. We had floor seating, but I think either of the choices would be fine. Either way you sit at a table with other people, and the rooms set up in a way that allows everyone to see. Ive attached a photo of the room..

My wifes only complaint was that its hard to enjoy your food and watch the show at the same time. Naturally, as soon as you look at your plate, something exciting happens on stage! :p

DAY20429.jpg.9e4bdb3e87fa96ab0d48a7d54f4c851b.jpg

It was a definite must for our group and well worth it. We really didn't care for the food too much, but there's plenty of other food on the ship to get, so it wasn't an issue. I would say all ages in our group enjoyed it from ages 5-48. My then 6 year old couldn't take her eyes off of it long enough to try to eat. She was amazed. :)

I just saw it last week on GETAWAY. I quite enjoyed it. I had a front row table which was fun. The special effects of the room and style of the show really reminded me of something Disney would do, and that is a good thing.

People complain about the food but I thought it was quite good. They offer salmon as an alternative selection and that is what I had. It was actually excellent.

I guess my husband and I are rare, as we did NOT enjoy the Illusionarium.

We has the UDP so the first night was free. I purchased premium seating, because my husband likes magic shows. This was our first NCL cruise so we had no idea what to expect. Here are some things we thought about it.

1) Our seats were dreadful - they were far back and on the side, so it was pretty much impossible to see anything. If we hadn't paid for premium seats, I wouldn't have been upset, but after talking with NCL they consider where they put us premium! :eek: Not my idea of premium and if I would have know, I never would have paid extra for it. The people who were sitting next to us didn't pay for premium, so we would have been better off not paying.

2) The food was terrible. I didn't eat any of it. I have a nut allergy so I had to get some substitutions, which didn't take long, but the food was not good, in our opinion. I wish we would have eaten at Cagney's beforehand.

3) The show itself was just "OK". I wasn't impressed by the magician's level of talent, nor the special effects. Maybe I just have an extremely high expectation after sailing with RCI, but for a show that has a fee, I expected better!

Just our opinions and I think everyone should go once, but we didn't enjoy it and if we sail Getawat or Breakaway again we would not do it again.