grand suite on fantasy class ships

I have this posted in another thread on CC, but figure more responses if it's on carnival's site. so here goes...

grand suite cabins on fantasy class ship

hi! not new to cruising but new to the "suite life". we usually get standard balcony cabins but just recently, we got a great rate in a grand suite on carnival paradise. so a few questions...

what are the perks of a suite? (any drawbacks)?

what services are included?

we are 4 female family members. can the beds be pulled apart?

how big are the balconies compared to other ships in carnival's fleet?

I'm sure I'll have more as the answers come in, but this is what I have so far.

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have this posted in another thread on CC, but figure more responses if it's on carnival's site. so here goes...

grand suite cabins on fantasy class ship

hi! not new to cruising but new to the "suite life". we usually get standard balcony cabins but just recently, we got a great rate in a grand suite on carnival paradise. so a few questions...

what are the perks of a suite? (any drawbacks)?

what services are included?

we are 4 female family members. can the beds be pulled apart?

how big are the balconies compared to other ships in carnival's fleet?

I'm sure I'll have more as the answers come in, but this is what I have so far.

thanks

what are the perks of a suite? (any drawbacks)? Perk you are in a suite so you get priority boarding without purchasing FTTF and in some ports you can go into the priority waiting room before you board. Draw back you will pay higher gratuities because of the room. It's not a lot more but $2 per person per day adds up quickly.

what services are included? All of the same services that you have in any other cabin, however, there was a note that suites will get special turn down services (i'm not sure about this because it is new)

we are 4 female family members. can the beds be pulled apart? You will have 2 twin beds that can be put together if you choose and then you will have a sofa that folds down into a double so yes and no. You can have 2 twins and a double in your room.

how big are the balconies compared to other ships in carnival's fleet? I can't give a comparison as the only room I have had with a balcony was the GS that I was in last year. We did enjoy the balcony. There were 2 chairs on it though.

I hope some of this helps you.

New perks that are suppose to roll out in September for Grand Suites are free water, free laundry, Priorty tender,better bedding, chocolate at turndown plus John Heald stated there will be additional suite perks coming out in September as well

Currently the above perks are only available on the Vista Grand Suites

I have stayed in a grand suite on a fantasy class ship twice. Other perks of the grand suite are a bathtub and a larger bathroom. A walk in closet with more storage space. A mini fridge. The room is larger than a traditional fantasy class room. Also various size and types of drinking glasses. On some fantasy class ships that didn't get the upgrades, the junior suites and grand suites are the only rooms with balconies.

Edited by alabamaprincess

We stayed in the Grand Suite on the Paradise last year and loved it. Lots of room we only had two passengers on that cruise but it would be great for four. Suites are the only rooms with balconies on the Paradise and we after cruise number one have been bit by the balcony bug.

Cheers and enjoy the cruise!

We had a grand suite on the Paradise on our first cruise. It's a larger cabin and bathroom. The balcony is private and cove style. They're also larger. Perks are pretty much nonexistent aside from priority embarkation

Short of getting an extended balcony grand suite or one of the two owner's suites (S1/S2... or PH1/PH2 depending on who you ask), it's certainly a better, more private, balcony than the junior suites.

Having said that - the balcony is narrow, as are most all balconies on Carnival, so in many cases if someone is sitting in a chair looking out, they'd potentially have to tuck their legs back for you to get around them.

It is what it is - a larger cabin on an older and smaller ship.

Still... IT'S A VACATION !!! :)

Tom

We were in a GS on the Elation in May and really enjoyed the balcony. We had three chairs (one reclined) and a table. We had ample storage with the walk-in closet and the dresser shelves. FYI, ours didn't have a hair dryer, but i brought my own so it was fine. We really enjoyed the seating area - an-L-shaped sofa that makes out into the double, but also two other comfortable chairs. Even though there was just the two of us, everything in our cabin was set up for five guests - towels, glassware, hangers.

thank you for the replies..

the junior suites appear to look like the standard balcony cabins on the other suites. Is this true? I'm just trying to visualize what the juniors look like.

because it is an older ship, are the rooms larger in general, than the newer ships?

is the water spring water or is it purified water (yuck)?

any possible guess as to what the perks could be when announced in September? (free wine, Internet, a free specialty dining option)?

the sofa bed is ok.. my daughter and I can share that one.. mom and aunt will have the beds.

• 2 weeks later...
thank you for the replies..

the junior suites appear to look like the standard balcony cabins on the other suites. Is this true? I'm just trying to visualize what the juniors look like.

because it is an older ship, are the rooms larger in general, than the newer ships?

is the water spring water or is it purified water (yuck)?

any possible guess as to what the perks could be when announced in September? (free wine, Internet, a free specialty dining option)?

the sofa bed is ok.. my daughter and I can share that one.. mom and aunt will have the beds.

Junior Suites are 220 sq ft with a balcony that is less than 25 sq ft. it is totally non private. I offer this information for comparison purposes only.