Help with transportation from Amsterdam airport to DoubleTree Centraal Station

We are on a cruise in 3 weeks and found out today that Tinker Transport has gone bankrupt (everyone got cancellation letters with no explanations). Already paid for it too so guess we're out that money. I was thinking about taking the train from the airport to the hotel. I know that the Double Tree is located near the Centraal Station but when I look at Google maps it shows streets and bridges to cross. I can't find any information about which train to take at the airport and where the train station is located. I'm kind of stressed out about this because I had everything planned and now this transportation problem and the money lost to Tinker Travel.

Any help with specific information about train stations, train numbers, distance from station to hotel would be GREATLY appreciated.

Teanne

Please don't stress, it's very easy by public transport. The train station is right outside the terminal at Schipol and there are trains to Centraal every 15 minutes or less.

Your hotel has a detailed guide to getting there - pages 3 and 4 describe how to do it by train: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/resources/media/dt/AMSCSDI/en_US/pdf/en_AMSCSDI_RouteDescription_Dec2013.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on a cruise in 3 weeks and found out today that Tinker Transport has gone bankrupt (everyone got cancellation letters with no explanations). Already paid for it too so guess we're out that money. I was thinking about taking the train from the airport to the hotel. I know that the Double Tree is located near the Centraal Station but when I look at Google maps it shows streets and bridges to cross. I can't find any information about which train to take at the airport and where the train station is located. I'm kind of stressed out about this because I had everything planned and now this transportation problem and the money lost to Tinker Travel.

Any help with specific information about train stations, train numbers, distance from station to hotel would be GREATLY appreciated.

Teanne

It is very easy to get there. I stayed there a few years ago. Took the train from the airport and it was easy. A train worker at the airport train station directed me to the correct train. On the other hand at Central Station I asked a policeman which way for the hotel and he claimed he never heard of it.....he was lying. But it was easy to find, very close to the station.

It is very easy to get there. I stayed there a few years ago. Took the train from the airport and it was easy. A train worker at the airport train station directed me to the correct train. On the other hand at Central Station I asked a policeman which way for the hotel and he claimed he never heard of it.....he was lying. But it was easy to find, very close to the station.

There is a more known Hilton hotel outside the city center, we are less known with the Hilton sub brands in Europe than you are and Amsterdam has 400+ hotels so I am not so sure if a police officer would be intentionally lying to you. :)

// ......... I am not so sure if a police officer would be intentionally lying to you. :) // ..........

Was thinking the same myself. :confused:

Mebbe confusion between Hilton & Doubletree brand-names.

Mebbe he'd just been posted to Amsterdam

Mebbe the name lost in translation.

Mebbe a dozen other reasons.

Anyway, it's very very easy.

Exit the front entrance of the station & immediately turn left.

Station façade on your left, & a million parked bicycles on your right.

Before you even get to the end of the station façade you'll see the hotel in front of you. Modern building, half of it on stilts.. Less than five minutes walk, all perfectly flat - the "bridge" is merely the footpath crossing a small canal.

No worries.:cool:

JB :)

Teanne

Tinker went bankrupt yes, even in a bit sketchy way so I fear your money is indeed gone..

Schiphol; as others said; the train station is directly below the central Plaza area which you will enter after retrieving/collecting your luggage. There's a staffed ticket office and staff around to help out. There are some 8 trains to Amsterdam every hour, most depart from platform 1 & 2 (one shared platform, easy). You can hop on any regular national train with your ticket.

Maybe this website is helpfull http://www.dutchamsterdam.nl/40-public-transport-to-and-from-schiphol-airport

Amsterdam; exit the Centraal Station on the city side and head directly left, pass the busses, cross the pedestrian bridge, you will see a Starbucks in front of you, that's where the hotel is.

7bf7fa8588414f7a85ac8a8540baadf4.png

Your train comes in from the left side of this aerial; proceed down to the ground level after exiting the train. Exit Centraal Station on the city side (follow the crowds), don't walk too far out, just keep left, pass the busses and towards the bridge.

73c5ff71e80b489bbb1087c1dab31515.png

Not the best angle, you will be more towards the left of this but looking in the same direction and see the green bridge :)

8d85a1df305846a3a36918531cac4163.png

The green colored bridge and the hotel building.

Google Maps is outdated for the pedestrian bridge, it does show on Streetview btw!

Was thinking the same myself. :confused:

Mebbe confusion between Hilton & Doubletree brand-names.

Mebbe he'd just been posted to Amsterdam

Mebbe the name lost in translation.

Mebbe a dozen other reasons.

Anyway, it's very very easy.

Exit the front entrance of the station & immediately turn left.

Station façade on your left, & a million parked bicycles on your right.

Before you even get to the end of the station façade you'll see the hotel in front of you. Modern building, half of it on stilts.. Less than five minutes walk, all perfectly flat - the "bridge" is merely the footpath crossing a small canal.

No worries.:cool:

JB :)

What JB says. :D

There is a more known Hilton hotel outside the city center, we are less known with the Hilton sub brands in Europe than you are and Amsterdam has 400+ hotels so I am not so sure if a police officer would be intentionally lying to you. :)

You had to be there. I could tell he was lying. He made it obvious that he really did know and was playing me.

Ok. Sorry to hear that, hopefully it didn't influence your experience with Amsterdam and Holland as the hospitable place we like to be! :)

It didn't. Amsterdam is high on my list of favorite cities I have visited. I would love to visit again.

My thanks to everyone who has responded to my post. We have decided to enjoy the adventure of the whole experience and take the train. It does look very easy and seeing the pictures and the maps helps a lot. Thanks everyone. 2 1/2 weeks until we go to Amsterdam for our Baltics cruise. I'm so excited.

Teanne