14 day thermal passes are $400?

Jezo

Well, $396.66 if you want to be exact, but that's the going rate? I was just checking for our cruise in January on the Breakaway and was a bit shocked at that price.

Look into the price difference of moving your cabin to a B9/M9/H9. The cost may pay for itself. But yes it is $199 a week so $400 is correct.

On the last several cruises we have been on it is usually about even in terms of price

Balcony room + spa pass = Cost of Spa room, although I still think that is an upgrade because the spa rooms are a bit larger, much better bathrooms, and higher up on the ship if that is important to you.

Edited by packman1029

Well, $396.66 if you want to be exact, but that's the going rate? I was just checking for our cruise in January on the Breakaway and was a bit shocked at that price.
It sounds roughly correct, but the 66¢ is a little strange. The spa price is normally a whole number like $139, $199, $219. Is the price you quoted in CAD by any chance?

guess it depends on the ship and the sailing - we are on the Star in 2 weeks Hong Kong to Singapore for 14 day sailing and our spa pass was $249

The Jewel class ships are cheaper compared to the BA class. Your best bet is too check out the Spa Balconies. My wife and I saved $200 on the BA doing this

We're on a 13 day on the Breakaway in January. Spa passes were purchased online for $289 USD each. Taking into account the extra day and the exchange rate it sounds like the $396.66 might be a Canadian price.

Edited to add - we looked at Spa balconies but compared to our balcony the increase in price would be much more than the cost of the spa passes.

Edited by C-line

The Jewel class ships are cheaper compared to the BA class. Your best bet is too check out the Spa Balconies. My wife and I saved $200 on the BA doing this

Is the Jade a jewel class ship? If yes, what do spa passes generally cost on jewel ships?

We are on a 10 day cruise next summer out of Southampton. The spa passes peak my interest as it will be child free and a great place to relax and reenergize.

Anyone have a insight as to what the Jade spa is like and what it offers?

Yes, the Jade is Jewel class. To give you an idea of current pricing, the spa pass on the recent 14-day Transatlantic cost $199 per person (advance purchase price). But it's kind of hard to predict how much the spa pass will cost on your cruise next summer, because the Jade will be refurbished next March (not sure if they have any particular plans for the thermal suite), and then it will be doing completely new Northern Europe itineraries.

The Jade spa has a thalassotherapy pool and heated tile loungers in the mixed-sex area, and in the single-sex areas you can find a hot tub, dry sauna with ocean view, steam room, rain showers, icy cold plunge pool, padded loungers, and lockers/showers/toilets. It's not as nice and fancy as the newer ships, and the mixed-sex area is probably the smallest of all the spas (along with the Jewel).

Yes, the Jade is Jewel class. To give you an idea of current pricing, the spa pass on the recent 14-day Transatlantic cost $199 per person (advance purchase price). But it's kind of hard to predict how much the spa pass will cost on your cruise next summer, because the Jade will be refurbished next March (not sure if they have any particular plans for the thermal suite), and then it will be doing completely new Northern Europe itineraries.

The Jade spa has a thalassotherapy pool and heated tile loungers in the mixed-sex area, and in the single-sex areas you can find a hot tub, dry sauna with ocean view, steam room, rain showers, icy cold plunge pool, padded loungers, and lockers/showers/toilets. It's not as nice and fancy as the newer ships, and the mixed-sex area is probably the smallest of all the spas (along with the Jewel).

So I would only be able to use the thalassotherapy pool and heated loungers with my husband...well that makes my decision easy...I will not be purchasing the spa passes if most of the services are in the single-sex area. Very unfortunate:(

Maybe with the refurbishment it will change and more services will be in the mixed-sex area.

We're on a 13 day on the Breakaway in January. Spa passes were purchased online for $289 USD each. Taking into account the extra day and the exchange rate it sounds like the $396.66 might be a Canadian price.

Edited to add - we looked at Spa balconies but compared to our balcony the increase in price would be much more than the cost of the spa passes.

Well maybe it was the Canadian price and the website just needed it's coffee yesterday morning.

I took another look as we are on a 14 day on the same ship the same month as you, loaded the page up today and it was at $299.00.

So, that's a bit more reasonable. Not sure what happened yesterday but we are good now.

As for an upgrade, it would be three people going from a family ocean view to a spa balcony, right now I am guessing that would cost more than $600, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to call today to ask.

Do I lose perks if I upgrade to a new cabin?

Do I lose perks if I upgrade to a new cabin?
If you upgrade, then you're basically cancelling and rebooking, so you lose everything you had before and you get whatever the current offer is (price and promos). Just make double sure that they'll let you do this without paying any cancellation fees on your original booking, since you're way past final payment. (From other people's recent reports, they seem to allow this pretty routinely, as long as you're paying more for a higher category.)

If you upsell (still too early for your cruise, probably), you keep your original booking perks.

Edited by hawkeyetlse