SEA TAC 11.30 am flight Too Early??

teacherman

We are on RCCL, arriving back into Seattle on a Friday next July. Flight choices are 11:30 am or 1:30 pm. Which is a better choice? Also, we probably will take a taxi from the pier to the airport. Are taxis readily available at the pier? Any idea how much the taxi will cost? Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

What time can you disembark?

Pier 91 is about a 30 minute drive to SeaTac Airport, but give it an hour to be safe. There can be delays due to hwy/tunnel construction, road closures, city events and the usual congestion.

For a domestic flight you need to be at the airport 2 hrs prior (Seatac is very busy in the summer especially on cruise days so give it the full 2 hrs).

Backing into this .... for an 11:30 flight you need to be off the ship by 8:30.

There will be a taxi line at the pier. About $45/$50. Or, Seattle Express runs buses to the airport .... they depart as the buses fill. $12pp

We are on RCCL, arriving back into Seattle on a Friday next July. Flight choices are 11:30 am or 1:30 pm. Which is a better choice? Also, we probably will take a taxi from the pier to the airport. Are taxis readily available at the pier? Any idea how much the taxi will cost? Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

To not be stressed after a nice cruise. I would take the later flight.

I would add that 5 minutes to get through security is the polar opposite of what I experienced the five times I have flown in/out of Seattle.

To me, there is something deceptive about the size of SEA.

Go with the later flight.

Do you have TSA Pre-check? We have never, but never waited over 5 minutes to go through the pre-check at SeaTac.:)

Don't know what you mean about SeaTac being deceptive in size.:)

If we didn't have pre-check it would obviously take us longer to get through security.:eek:

Do you have TSA Pre-check?

I have a credential (TWIC) issued by the TSA which some TSA agents do not even recognize. One checkpoint agent actually waved me through and on my way BEFORE she leaned over and asked just "what is that TWIC thing, anyway?" I shutter to think of the creative ways the TSA could screw up pre-check.

I dunno... I look at SeaTac on Google Earth and, for some reason, it looks small to me... there's no real meat in the comment other than that.

I have a credential (TWIC) issued by the TSA which some TSA agents do not even recognize. One checkpoint agent actually waved me through and on my way BEFORE she leaned over and asked just "what is that TWIC thing, anyway?" I shutter to think of the creative ways the TSA could screw up pre-check.

I dunno... I look at SeaTac on Google Earth and, for some reason, it looks small to me... there's no real meat in the comment other than that.

I don't think anyone ever said that TSA was the brightest bulb in the ceiling.:D

Maybe you are missing the North and South satellite on Google earth.

They are completely separate from the main terminal.

But I am so happy I have the pre check, it makes going to the airport more tolerable.:)