Quantum Grand Suite???

As with most of the long-delayed reveals related to the Quantum class, we are a little bit frustrated with the lack of information having to do with the details of the Grand Suite. We are long-standing Royal Caribbean customers, and enjoy our Grand Suites. But having booked our Grand Suite almost a year ago when the Quantum reservations opened up, we'd sure love at least a few more details of the stateroom we've paid for. If I'm not mistaken, all the other Quantum staterooms at least have a floor plan and rendering. I'm sure this sounds really petty in the grand scheme of things, but it seems like Royal Caribbean is really dragging this whole Quantum experience out for even it's most loyal patrons. (And don't get us started on the lack of summer 2015 Quantum bookings.) Are we missing something???

I'm with you, jerseycanadian. We are booked in a superior grand suite for our Quantum cruise and have been waiting for a floor plan & rendering. We are just as eager as you are.

Eileen

I have been waiting for more info as well. Like you, we booked the grand suite on the first day the Quantum bookings opened up. Hope more information comes out soon. I don't understand why there not even a layout or floor plan for this suite.

We're also in a GS, and I'd love some info.

Waaaaay back when bookings first opened I thought I read on here that they were going to be laid out similar to the Oasis/Allure GS, just with two doors to the bathroom (one from the living area, one from the bedroom). I have no idea where the poster who wrote that got their information from, though. The room description on royal's site does mention the two bathroom doors, but there's nothing about the layout.

I wish I had booked it opening day. We booked a D1, then upgraded to the suite last month. We would have saved almost $3000 :eek: if we had booked it on opening day, but at the time we had never been in a suite and it didn't even cross our radar. (We ended up upgraded to a suite on Allure this past Jan and then DH decided he couldn't live without the suite on Quantum, so I stalked the site until one opened up. :D)

• 6 months later...
We're also in a GS, and I'd love some info.

Waaaaay back when bookings first opened I thought I read on here that they were going to be laid out similar to the Oasis/Allure GS, just with two doors to the bathroom (one from the living area, one from the bedroom). I have no idea where the poster who wrote that got their information from, though. The room description on royal's site does mention the two bathroom doors, but there's nothing about the layout.

I wish I had booked it opening day. We booked a D1, then upgraded to the suite last month. We would have saved almost $3000 :eek: if we had booked it on opening day, but at the time we had never been in a suite and it didn't even cross our radar. (We ended up upgraded to a suite on Allure this past Jan and then DH decided he couldn't live without the suite on Quantum, so I stalked the site until one opened up. :D)

Any updates on pictures of the Grand Suite on the quantum? We also booked a Grand Suite on the Anthem. Why no layouts for these cabins?

We also booked a superior grand suite MAINLY for that huge 259 square foot wrap around balcony. If you look at pics of hump where these suites are located, it looks like dividers are up in the corner and no access to balcony where large port hole is located. I will be VERY disappointed if those dividers do not come down. They block the view of the beautiful wrap around - we will just have to wait and see. When they interviewed Genevieve G who did the interior decorations, she said floor plans would be on site soon - that was MONTHS ago. I just don't get it - there was so much information when Oasis came out - no secrets then. What is the big deal - I just don't understand - they would drum up more business with more details. Patience is what I need!

We also booked a superior grand suite MAINLY for that huge 259 square foot wrap around balcony. If you look at pics of hump where these suites are located, it looks like dividers are up in the corner and no access to balcony where large port hole is located. I will be VERY disappointed if those dividers do not come down. They block the view of the beautiful wrap around - we will just have to wait and see. When they interviewed Genevieve G who did the interior decorations, she said floor plans would be on site soon - that was MONTHS ago. I just don't get it - there was so much information when Oasis came out - no secrets then. What is the big deal - I just don't understand - they would drum up more business with more details. Patience is what I need!

I do not understand the delays. Isn't the ship sailing soon? Surely some cabins should be ready-our at least a layout and artist rendering.

I am also concerned about those dividers. Maybe they are up for privacy reasons

I thought it was perhaps to block the wind - on some pics it looks like there are 2 panels in the corner. In other pics - it looks like ONE panel is removed to walk to the other side of the wrap around balcony. It that is the case - if one is still left in the corner - it really blocks the front view - and that is why we booked the superior grand suite - to have a large balcony with an UNOBSTRUCTED view. We will have to wait till people sail and send us pics or tell us.

I thought it was perhaps to block the wind - on some pics it looks like there are 2 panels in the corner. In other pics - it looks like ONE panel is removed to walk to the other side of the wrap around balcony. It that is the case - if one is still left in the corner - it really blocks the front view - and that is why we booked the superior grand suite - to have a large balcony with an UNOBSTRUCTED view. We will have to wait till people sail and send us pics or tell us.

That was my thinking. I noticed the same panels are present in the owners suites directly below my SGS and those suites are also advertised as having the same sized balcony.

I think they must be temporary. They charge more for that suite than a regular grand suite and the cabins are supposed to be the same square footage so the difference must be the balcony. I'll let you know. We are in a superior grand on deck 13 on 11/2. I will report back hopefully with pictures.

I think they must be temporary. They charge more for that suite than a regular grand suite and the cabins are supposed to be the same square footage so the difference must be the balcony. I'll let you know. We are in a superior grand on deck 13 on 11/2. I will report back hopefully with pictures.

Yeah!!!! Have a great time! Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As others have said, I am also curious about this as we were looking forward to the large balcony. I have been studying every picture and video and all seem to show the dividers. I hope they can be removed. I look forward to some cabin layouts soon and I also look forward to the pics from djh.

Hi everyone

Apologies if you have all seen this picture already but I was just having a look and came across a picture (small) on the Royal Caribbean website of the Superior Grand Suite. I am not technical so am unable to attach it here (sorry!) but maybe someone else can?!!

We are booked on Anthem so long time to wait but so excited about the launch of the Quantum. I hope everyone has a great cruise on this great looking ship. :)

Hi everyone

Apologies if you have all seen this picture already but I was just having a look and came across a picture (small) on the Royal Caribbean website of the Superior Grand Suite. I am not technical so am unable to attach it here (sorry!) but maybe someone else can?!!

We are booked on Anthem so long time to wait but so excited about the launch of the Quantum. I hope everyone has a great cruise on this great looking ship. :)

Simmo,

Can you tell us where on the RC website?

Thanks.

I found it on the American website (.com) as follows:

Clicked on.....Plan a Cruise

Staterooms

Suites

Superior Grand Suite

A picture then comes up for this cabin type on the Quantum and Anthem.

Hope this helps.

Simmo

I found it on the American website (.com) as follows:

Clicked on.....Plan a Cruise

Staterooms

Suites

Superior Grand Suite

A picture then comes up for this cabin type on the Quantum and Anthem.

Hope this helps.

Simmo

Hello,

Found it also, I was thinking of upgrading from a grand suite to the superior grand suite with the extended balcony. The difference in price from when I booked my Anthem 2016 cruise is $700 more- IMO not worth it! If the price decreases, (doubt it) I might consider. Keeping the Grand Suite for the Quantum cruise as I was even lucky to get it for March!

Txs

We are booked in the Superior Grand Suite sailing 11/2 from Southampton as well. I'm a little disappointed that they haven't posted floor plans for the suite yet. It's 11 days before the cruise. The picture they have posted is a rendering and not the real deal. I want the real deal. In any case I'm sure tons of pictures will be posted once the cruise is on the way. Getting excited!:D

Any word on who the concierge will be?

We are booked in the Superior Grand Suite sailing 11/2 from Southampton as well. I'm a little disappointed that they haven't posted floor plans for the suite yet. It's 11 days before the cruise. The picture they have posted is a rendering and not the real deal. I want the real deal. In any case I'm sure tons of pictures will be posted once the cruise is on the way. Getting excited!:D

Edited by novajeff
delete

I've read elsewhere on the cruise critic boards the concierges will be Mario Reyes and Reyno. When I asked a rep at the Diamond Plus desk, she told me they didn't have it listed it yet. I suspect they will be Mario and Reyno, as cruise critic people always seem to be the first to know! :) swiss