Specialty Restaurant Prices - Eclipse

acctgtogo

Does anyone know if the prices for the specialty restaurants higher on board than booking in advance? If I look online, Tuscan Grille is $35, Murano is $45 and Qsine is $45 on the Eclipse for the March Southern Caribbean sailings. I've seen threads where people said these restaurants were $50 on board. Just curios as I know you can sometimes get specials on board - but maybe it's better to book in advance - especially if we buy a package. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Viking is absolutely right on. Irrespective of the posted price, we only eat at the specialty restaurants when either offered 30-50% off or when my offer to them of $30/$35 or a BOGO for a $50 meal is accepted. I offer with a smile when we are either alone with the person trying to sell meals or they are standing there with no one around and I'm just passing by....and they can say ok, no or make a counteroffer. I've never gotten a no.

Note: on our last cruise (TA on infinity), they were almost begging everyone to dine in the United States or Qsine for 50% off, but Transatlantics seem to always be that way. It does depend on the cruise and the bookings.

A Celebrity "best buy" is the Ultimate Dining Package. This package is sold ONLY aboard the ship and in very limited numbers.

Don't quote me but I think the charge is $29 per person per day. This allows you to eat in any of the specialty restaurants as often as you choose. We purchased this package on the next to our last cruise which was aboard the Eclipse. We immediately went to the specialty restaurant sales table which is usually set up right where you board the ship. We bought the package then and there. An hour and a half later they were no longer offering the Ultimate Dining Package. This cruise was the New Year's cruise that ushered in 2014.

We were once again on the Eclipse this year for the combined Christmas and New Year's cruise. On this cruise the Ultimate Dining Package was not offered. We tried and we were the third and fourth persons to board. Furthermore on this cruise NO discounts were offered. SO, it does vary widely according to the time of the cruise and how full the ship is.

:):):)

When I sailed Eclipse last month, they offered three speciality restaurants for $100.00. I could book one for embarkation night and reserve the rest onboard. Since I wanted to eat on specific nights, I booked two online at the prevailing price and was able to add one the first night for only $25.00. We don't normally book that many, but I needed variety for a 14 night cruise.

We were on the Eclipse Dec. 7 -21. We ate in Tuscan Grill one night and paid $45 per person. We booked that one on board. A few days later, they called and offered $25 per person if we came one of the last two nights. Which we did. I figured that averages $35 per meal. Not bad, but I don't think I would have paid the $90 (for 2) more than one time.

Viking is absolutely right on. Irrespective of the posted price, we only eat at the specialty restaurants when either offered 30-50% off or when my offer to them of $30/$35 or a BOGO for a $50 meal is accepted. I offer with a smile when we are either alone with the person trying to sell meals or they are standing there with no one around and I'm just passing by....and they can say ok, no or make a counteroffer. I've never gotten a no.

Note: on our last cruise (TA on infinity), they were almost begging everyone to dine in the United States or Qsine for 50% off, but Transatlantics seem to always be that way. It does depend on the cruise and the bookings.

Wow. Such a deal. :cool:

I would never realize one can offer less than the asking price to dine at the specialty restaurants.

So, who do you usually bargaini with? The restaurant manager?

The night you want to eat in the restaurant? When you're ready to go in? Or when you make a reservation?

And, do you usually try to low ball them with say a 75% discount to start and negotiate from there? Sort of like "Priceline", and see if they'll accept your offer. ;)

How is the discount guaranteed, and handled on your card?

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it next time I cruise on Celebrity. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I would never realize one can offer less than the asking price to dine at the specialty restaurants.

The night you want to eat in the restaurant? When you're ready to go in? Or when you make a reservation?

And, do you usually try to low ball them with say a 75% discount to start and negotiate from there? Sort of like "Priceline", and see if they'll accept your offer. ;)

There's no magic way...just ask nicely...or even jokingly. I woudn't low ball them....it's much easier for them to say yes to a reasonable offer than bargain. I think the lowest you might go is 50%. You have to be flexible....maybe they can do it tomorrow night, maybe they can do it tonight...it's a friendly negotiation.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I thought the prices listed online for our cruise seemed lower than onboard, but I wasn't sure. There is also a package of three for $99 and a package of five (I forget the price of that one as that's just too many). The package of three is almost a 30% discount from the onboard price. We don't normally dine in the specialty restaurants but thought we'd give it a try. Thanks again to everyone as you were very helpful.

You deal with each restaurant manager individually. We are always very nice about it and just ask if they offer any deals. The most we have ever asked for is 50%, which you can usually get in Qsine and Tuscan. We were only able to get a 20% discount in Murano on our last cruise, but it was for a specific night because of a birthday. We had a party of 8 and were given the private wine room, it was very nice!! They must somehow attach it to the reservation because it was never mentioned again and when our checks came the discount was already taken. I would never push the issue if they said no, I would just not eat there, not a big deal to us. Kim

You deal with each restaurant manager individually. We are always very nice about it and just ask if they offer any deals. The most we have ever asked for is 50%, which you can usually get in Qsine and Tuscan. We were only able to get a 20% discount in Murano on our last cruise, but it was for a specific night because of a birthday. We had a party of 8 and were given the private wine room, it was very nice!! They must somehow attach it to the reservation because it was never mentioned again and when our checks came the discount was already taken. I would never push the issue if they said no, I would just not eat there, not a big deal to us. Kim

Another trick that worked for us (and Viking Rob since they were with us) was to recognize a waiter we had sailed with twice in Blu, who was now in Tuscan. I called him by name, my wife hugged him...and suddenly we had a party of 12 eating for $25 each. It pays to remember your favorite servers as they rotate through the X system. They also get kudos for drumming up business to the restaurant.