Nautica "special" cabins

british betty

We've been on Riviera in the B3 (wonderful ) 7108 with the open ended extended balcony and are now considering a cruise which is on Nautica.

From the bits that I've read, I can't see that Nautica has any extended balconies and in fact her balconies are quite small.

Are there any "secret" special cabins that are maybe a bit bigger than the norm ? Should we perhaps consider an ocean view rather than splash the cash on a balcony that is a bit cramped? Unfortunately we can't stretch to an OS and the PH suites are a bit pricey too :o:

All opinions are greatly appreciated. thanks.

6090 and 6093 have a very large balcony. We sailed in 6093 when it was a B1 stateroom, now they are classed as Concierge. You do get some soot on the balcony from the exhaust stacks. 7116, 7112 have slightly smaller aft balconies, followed by 8066 and 8069.

Oceanviews 6005, 6005, 7006 and 7007 are larger than other oceanviews because they include what is balcony space for the rest of the outside staterooms on these decks.

I haven't sailed Marina or Riviera, but do LOVE the smaller O Ships. Next year will be my third time on Nautica.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

I don't know where your cruises goes, but Oceania offered us a downgrade on the Nautica this summer to Iceland and Greenland. We did not mind the OceanView . We were in cabin 4042. It was a great location. Only had to take the elevator to the dining venues up top. Going to the MDR and the theatre was only a short walk and up one flight. The cabin was quiet. I think all deluxe ocean views, balconies, and concierge cabins are the same size. For the savings we are taking another cruise!

Oceanviews 6004, 6005, 7006 and 7007 are larger than other oceanviews because they include what is balcony space for the rest of the outside staterooms on these decks.

We had 7006 on the Regatta last Nov. Amazon trip. We have the same cabin on the Serena holiday cruise this Dec....loved it!

7006.JPG

6090 and 6093 have a very large balcony. We sailed in 6093 when it was a B1 stateroom, now they are classed as Concierge. You do get some soot on the balcony from the exhaust stacks. 7116, 7112 have slightly smaller aft balconies, followed by 8066 and 8069.

Oceanviews 6005, 6005, 7006 and 7007 are larger than other oceanviews because they include what is balcony space for the rest of the outside staterooms on these decks.

I haven't sailed Marina or Riviera, but do LOVE the smaller O Ships. Next year will be my third time on Nautica.

Joe

On the R ships, there are two standard cabins tucked between the big Suites (both forward and aft) on Decks 6 and 7 which have deeper than normal verandas, as well as a further two between the Owners Suites on Deck 8.

b_211205.jpg

By deeper, I mean that the veranda is longer by about 6 feet than is normal from the outer cabin door to the railing of the veranda. The width of those verandas is the same (about 8 feet) as that of any other standard cabin veranda, so I would guestimate the additional space at just less than 50 square feet. About 75% of these verandas are shaded by the deck above.

b_052535.jpgAnother consideration is that on forward and aft facing cabins the veranda railing is a solid steel bulwark rather than an open railing.

Edited by JimandStan

We've been on Riviera in the B3 (wonderful ) 7108 with the open ended extended balcony and are now considering a cruise which is on Nautica.

From the bits that I've read, I can't see that Nautica has any extended balconies and in fact her balconies are quite small.

Are there any "secret" special cabins that are maybe a bit bigger than the norm ? Should we perhaps consider an ocean view rather than splash the cash on a balcony that is a bit cramped? Unfortunately we can't stretch to an OS and the PH suites are a bit pricey too :o:

All opinions are greatly appreciated. thanks.

The previous comments are all "en point". The "R" ships are smaller, so the cabins -- even the top suites - are smaller, and definitely the verandas are smaller. (We had an upgrade to an OS on Regatta 11 years ago and the veranda was heaven to us, but since then we've had VS and OC cabins on Marina where the verandas are far larger.)

That doesn't mean that we denigrate the "R" ships!

But your question is about verandas on the "R" ships, and they do not compare to the "O" ships. If that is important to you then I would suggest you stick to Marina or Riviera. The "R" ships have 684 passengers, the "O" ships have 1250. Obviously there is a difference.

If you want a larger veranda, the PH on an "R" ship would be the way to go ... assuming it's in the budget! Otherwise, the verandas are comfortable enough ... but definitely smaller.

Our first cruise on Renaissance was on the R2 (now Regatta) leaving Lisbon for Barcelona. I took my wee drink out to the veranda (we had a Deck 7 veranda) and spent a lovely time sailing out ... it was only later that I discovered the larger cabins. I was very happy with the veranda on that cruise! And still would be ...

Mura

We have booked the 30+ day cruise to cape toen south africa,has anyone out there been of that cruisef or a review? We would like feed back about this very long cruise. Also has anyone been in cabin 6033 Nautcia we are trying to see how obstructed it is.

Have you checked the review section on CC ?

The cabin had a dingy in front of the window & the cabin is smaller than others on the ship ...no sofa in those Obstructed cabins because of the limited space

If you can spring for a "D" cabin it is slightly larger

here is aphoto from the outside showing the size of the dingy compared to the life boats that will be blocking the windows the one on the far left is the small dingy

i-JP9StXX-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

Thank you for all of your information, its always so helpful and greatly appreciated.

I shall keep a note of it for reference while watching the prices see/saw until we can make a decision. ;)

I know you asked about balconies and my vote would be for 6090 and 6093. However you might want to think about bathrooms. In comparison to Riviera and Marina bathrooms, the R ship bathrooms are minuscule:D

mi·nus·cule

ˈminəˌskyo͞ol,minˈəsˌkyo͞ol/

adjective

adjective: minuscule; adjective: miniscule

extremely small; tiny.

"a minuscule fragment of DNA"

synonyms:tiny, minute, microscopic, nanoscale, very small, little, micro, diminutive, miniature, baby, dwarf, Lilliputian;