Cruising alone, money is tight--where to stay

LEO supporter

Are there any hotels in the Port Canaveral area that offer a fly, snooze and cruise package that is relatively cheap? Flying into Orlando on 10-21 for cruise that departs (Carnival Magic) on 10-22. I would transportation from Orlando airport to hotel and then of course to port and then back to airport once trip is over. Doing this all by myself so ALL help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Are there any hotels in the Port Canaveral area that offer a fly, snooze and cruise package that is relatively cheap? Flying into Orlando on 10-21 for cruise that departs (Carnival Magic) on 10-22. I would transportation from Orlando airport to hotel and then of course to port and then back to airport once trip is over. Doing this all by myself so ALL help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Check out the Florida Departures Board for more information, as this question is asked frequently.

Good luck!

Have you though of driving? WE drive from the NC coast- 4 hours. We stay in America's Best Value Inn in Cocoa. It used to be an Econo Lodge. Rooms are clean. It is around $86 for the night and they have a simple free breakfast and a shuttle to and from the port for $5.

We stay here for cruises out of Port Canaveral or Lauderdale and Miami. It is easy to get to from 95.

Let me know if you're going to drive and I'll give you info for this hotel.

Have you though of driving? WE drive from the NC coast- 4 hours. We stay in America's Best Value Inn in Cocoa. It used to be an Econo Lodge. Rooms are clean. It is around $86 for the night and they have a simple free breakfast and a shuttle to and from the port for $5.

We stay here for cruises out of Port Canaveral or Lauderdale and Miami. It is easy to get to from 95.

Let me know if you're going to drive and I'll give you info for this hotel.

4 hours? That's over 600 miles. What do you drive?

We take 24 to Jacksonville, about maybe 1/2 hour. Then get on Rt. 17 all the way to Charleston with Myrtle beach bypasses. When we stop in Georgetown for a coffee stop, its 4 1/2 hours to the port. It is no where close to 600 miles, its about 240 miles.

Wow Bonnie, you must be flying! We live in Charleston, SC and it takes us 6 hours to make Cocoa Beach. Its 4 for us just to Jacksonville.

OP - there are quite a few hotels around Port Canaveral with Park and Cruise packages. Prices fluctuate quite a bit throughout the year.

We take 24 to Jacksonville, about maybe 1/2 hour. Then get on Rt. 17 all the way to Charleston with Myrtle beach bypasses. When we stop in Georgetown for a coffee stop, its 4 1/2 hours to the port. It is no where close to 600 miles, its about 240 miles.

Look at a map, check Mapquest, Google driving time.

I made same trip several years ago on a budget also, I stayed at Cocoa Beach suites, not somewhere I would normally choose, but I was working on a budget. They offer a shuttle from airport to hotel, for about $30.00, and since I stayed night with them after cruise I caught shuttle back. I don't think they charged me. Anyway rooms are around 70 to 75 a night. Place is run down, but rooms are spotless and I would stay again if I needed, staff was super friendly. Also on plus side there was a Waffle house or Huddle House in parking lot and several restaurants across street in walking distance, Ocean was also about a block away, great if you do not have a car with you.

It's 400 miles from Charleston to PC alone. Not sure about your math on this one. (I drive for a living so I'm pretty good at distances ;) )

No way. Between NC and JVille there are two states.

Unless you are thinking about the Jacksonville port. But no way you are getting from anywhere in NC to Port Canaveral in under seven hours or so.

The Jacksonville I am talking about is in North Carolina. This is where the largest Marine base, Camp LeJeune is. Not the Jacksonville in FL! We go Rt. 17 all the way to Charleston from Jacksonville, NC.

Again, it takes us 2 1/2 hours to get to 95 near Lumberton. It takes a total of about 10 hours all the way to Cocoa- not Cocoa Beach- but still close to Port Canaveral.

About 600 miles is about right for us.

(We live just outside of Swansboro - 2000 people- right on the coast.)

The LaQuinta north is in a very safe area that is walking distance to a number of inexpensive restaurants. It also has free airport shuttle service and breakfast. It's typically about $75 a night, if you have AAA or AARP it might be even less. Arrange for a shared shuttle service to the port either through Carnival or by using Cocoa Beach Express or similar.

You could try this website. Not sure what pricing is like, but I see their ad on Facebook all the time-

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/