Sometimes i wish i lived close to Miami.

Everyday i go to the carnival web site and click 1 person cruises and Miami always pulls up with these real cheap cruises. Like i just did it and you can go on a 7 day cruise for a total of 453 dollars. That's unreal!!!!!

There are advantages of being a Florida resident who lives in the vicinity of a port.

Now, if they could just do something about the Summer's heat and humidity....!

I just saw a 5 day out of Miami for about $119 plus tax for next month and I was floored. I'm about to pull the trigger on that one because it's almost impossible to pass up. I forget which ship it is but whatever. The deals are out there, you just have to find them.

Yea, the summer time is brutal. I am in Central Florida with 5 ports to choose from within 4 hours drive. I have gone out of Tampa, Port Canaveral, and Fort Lauderdale for short notice, within 1 week cruises on CCL, DCL, and RCCL..

Just booked a steal on NCL out of Miami for 3 weeks from now for less then half of normal price....

I just saw a 5 day out of Miami for about $119 plus tax for next month and I was floored. I'm about to pull the trigger on that one because it's almost impossible to pass up. I forget which ship it is but whatever. The deals are out there, you just have to find them.

Be Careful! Maybe the $119 is for food and you have to row!:D

And about the ridiculous property taxes, homeowners insurance, stress inducing traffic, overpopulation, less-than-friendly people, crime rate, and shady business practices.

We lived in Miami for a few years. About the only thing that we enjoyed while we lived there was exactly being close to the port. IMHO, not enough reason to live there. Maybe somewhere else in Florida, but definitely not in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

And about the ridiculous property taxes, homeowners insurance, stress inducing traffic, overpopulation, less-than-friendly people, crime rate, and shady business practices.

We lived in Miami for a few years. About the only thing that we enjoyed while we lived there was exactly being close to the port. IMHO, not enough reason to live there. Maybe somewhere else in Florida, but definitely not in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

May I add a governor that took the fifth 75 times when talking about his company and Medicare fraud. The Medicare fraud that cost his former company, Columbia/HCA $1.7 billion in fines . How about hurricanes and mosquitos. Just for good measure an interstate system that is always under construction.

I have no intention of moving but Florida does have its' share of problem and it seems like we are always in the news for the stupidest things.

I live in west palm and I love it. I wish more people disliked florida so the winter traffic would go away. I personally love summer in florida. Always a nice breeze at the beach and no traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sometimes I wish I did as well. I love LA, but being close to a port that had many more options for cruises and ships would be awesome! You can only do the Mex Riviera so many times.

I like that it's easy for me to get to Hawaii, but being close to a big port would be awesome as well. I'd always be on a cruise.

We plan to "retire" early to Florida so we can grab those cheap last minute cruise deals! Right now the airfare/gas coming from Ohio at least doubles the cost of cruising.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

We plan to "retire" early to Florida so we can grab those cheap last minute cruise deals! Right now the airfare/gas coming from Ohio at least doubles the cost of cruising.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Yes, definitely jealous of those within a short drive of a port; airfare from Canada, too, doubles the cost of cruising.

There are advantages of being a Florida resident who lives in the vicinity of a port.

I agree. I would probably be willing to pay a few more dollars and live a little further north - above the gnat line.:)

Love, love, love living in Ft Myers. Two hrs. from Ft Lauderdale, 2 1/2 from Miami and about 2 from Tampa. Lot's of choices. Small town feel but close to the big cities.

Awesome deals on the Breeze for May 4. The price is dropping rapidly. So many on our cruise are upgrading and/or getting more OBC because prices are dropping daily.

We can't because we just booked last week at a Pack and Go rate but got a good deal so we can't complain.

I live an hour from both Port Canaveral and Tampa ports. 3.5 hrs from Ft Lauderdale. Definitely dislike Miami. Both the airport and port. I tend to avoid cruises out of Miami. Yet they have more choices.

Edited by Kfoot

May I add a governor that took the fifth 75 times when talking about his company and Medicare fraud. The Medicare fraud that cost his former company, Columbia/HCA $1.7 billion in fines . How about hurricanes and mosquitos. Just for good measure an interstate system that is always under construction.

I have no intention of moving but Florida does have its' share of problem and it seems like we are always in the news for the stupidest things.

Well ya'll could legalize pot, that might help;)

I would love to "winter" in Florida, but there is no way I could ever survive that brutal humidity in summer. Besides, I'd miss my mountains. Guess I'll stay "portless" in the dry heat of the West, suck it up and just fly to port:(

I live an hour from both Port Canaveral and Tampa ports. 3.5 hrs from Ft Lauderdale. Definitely dislike Miami. Both the airport and port. I tend to avoid cruises out of Miami. Yet they have more choices.

May I ask why you avoid Miami?

Having driven in Miami traffic on I-95, is that the reason?

Tried Miami for two years, that was enough. Too many cars and not enough roads!

Best place to be in FL is the Redneck Riviera on the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast. Best beaches in FL with white sand & green water.

For cruises: New Orleans 3 hours, Tampa 7 hours, Port Canaveral 7 hours, Ft Lauderdale 9 hours, Miami 10 hours. So many cruises, so little time ;)

I don't like big cities. Miami is just too congested for me. The same reason I don't like NY.

Be Careful! Maybe the $119 is for food and you have to row!:D

With a $20 soap surcharge. lol. That sailing must really have a hard time filling up. May is always a sluggish month but whoa. I could barely eat at home with utilities, etc for $119 in a 5 day period.

Everyday i go to the carnival web site and click 1 person cruises and Miami always pulls up with these real cheap cruises. Like i just did it and you can go on a 7 day cruise for a total of 453 dollars. That's unreal!!!!!

I came SO close to living in Miami. I transferred for my company from Minneapolis to our base in Miami. Couldn't find an apartment to save my life. :mad:. I could afford the places, however, they wouldn't allow me to afford it. they said I had to make 2-3 times the rent! So even if rent was $700/month which I could afford...when I told them what I do make (IF I pick up no trips and just sit around) it was too bad, then I told them what I made during the month of February, they said it had to be steady. so I had to quit my DREAM job and move back to crappy Illinois :mad:. thanks miami

I prefer to fly into Fort Lauderdale airport, but as for ports my experience at POM have been way better than at FLL. Customs at POM always quick, took an hour to get through at Port Everglades.