Silicon Valley tour

eddieg07410

We are thinking of doing this tour on disembarkation day of our Grand Princess Alaska cruise. Has anyone done this. Princess's description is short on details so I'd appreciate any information about it.

I live here, I'd avoid anytime on a bay area freeway.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2494309

What excursion? I didn't see a link. I lived in the silicon valley and I'm not sure what the tour includes, but unless they are taking you to see the new Apple spaceship, probably not worth seeing. But, that's my opinion.

This is kind of what I was thinking, too. There are so many unique and awesome things to do in the Bay Area ... this is not high on my list as one of them.

I live here, too and this sounds pretty dull. It is a long drive to the headquarters for a photo op! Now a trip to a redwood forest, or Skyline Blvd and Alice's Restaurant or the art galleries at Stanford would be worthwhile imho but this sounds dreadful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I live here, too and this sounds pretty dull. It is a long drive to the headquarters for a photo op! Now a trip to a redwood forest, or Skyline Blvd and Alice's Restaurant or the art galleries at Stanford would be worthwhile imho but this sounds dreadful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same here. I love Alice's in Woodside. Great burgers in a lovely setting. Stanford is also really nice. As for the tech stuff? Pretty boring if you ask me. There's a computer museum in Mountain View, and Intel has a nice tour in Santa Clara if you feel you really need to see that kind of stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anywhere but Silicon valley. Long drive, horrible traffic to see what? a bunch of buildings and arrogant liberals. There is so much beauty in the city and the Peninsula. the previous suggestions were but a few of the good ones.

Yags, I'd rather spend the time in Dixon than SV.:)

Thanks. There is a lot of beauty in this area as well. OMG! The Delta, Lake Berryessa, City of WInters (where I lived for 26 years). So much to do so little time.

Anywhere but Silicon valley. Long drive, horrible traffic to see what? a bunch of buildings and arrogant liberals. There is so much beauty in the city and the Peninsula. the previous suggestions were but a few of the good ones.

What would an "arrogant liberal" even look like. :eek:

We are thinking of doing this tour on disembarkation day of our Grand Princess Alaska cruise. Has anyone done this. Princess's description is short on details so I'd appreciate any information about it.

I work at one of the largest SV companies, which was featured in a recent movie. You could drive by or look from outside, but most companies worth your time won't let you inside due to security reasons. Unless you want to go to the Tech Museum or the Computer History Museum and spend a couple of hours, the rest of your day will be rather boring stuck in a horrific South Bay traffic. Mid-afternoon traffic on 101 or 85 (major arteries in our area) is horrendous. You could take pictures outside Apple/Google but IMHO, it won't be a good use of your precious vacation time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lived there for over 30 years. Besides the tech and children's discovery and the Tech it's just not worth it.

There are wonderful hiking trails ringing the valley but you can find them in San Mateo. There are some cute towns like Los Gatos and Saratoga but remember the traffic.

Now if you are leaving from the San Jose Airport that's another story.

San Francisco is the place to be.

I remember seeing fliers for this excursion upon returning from Alaska. This tour drops you off at SFO after it's finished. The prices are ridiculous, and yes, you will be sitting in traffic for the majority of the time. Not a good value, IMHO.