Radiance OTS Beds

britty1

for anyone recently on radiance, were the beds comfy or hard as a rock.

Tried to order a mattress topper and was told that all beds in the fleet have mattress toppers on them. Would you agree with RCL statement.

The mattresses are "pillow top" now....not sure how effective they are, but the are better than the "doggy beds" (a hole in the middle) they used to have! They no longer offer the "egg crate" toppers, if that's what you are looking for.

The mattresses are "pillow top" now....not sure how effective they are, but the are better than the "doggy beds" (a hole in the middle) they used to have! They no longer offer the "egg crate" toppers, if that's what you are looking for.

Thank you, just want a comfy sleep, when they changed the mattresses on adventure they were truly very hard and uncomfortable.

What ship has pillow top mattresses in the cabin? None of the cabins I have sailed have had those.

Thank you, just want a comfy sleep, when they changed the mattresses on adventure they were truly very hard and uncomfortable.

We ask for comforters for extra padding.....no problem with 2 or 3.

I think that's what CB means, sometimes the stu automatically puts them on making the mattress look like a pillow top.

for anyone recently on radiance, were the beds comfy or hard as a rock.

Tried to order a mattress topper and was told that all beds in the fleet have mattress toppers on them. Would you agree with RCL statement.

Britty1, I was recently on the Radiance for a very long time. I slept in three different cabins.

1. Very hard. Asked for extra padding. Cabin steward added much padding to my bed. Much better.

2. Very comfortable. (but it was a full suite. some have said that they got upgraded/new bedding even if the whole ship didn't)

3. Meh. Not terrible enough to ask for extra padding. Could have been more comfortable.

Moral of the story: If your bed is not comfortable, talk to your cabin steward.

Britty1, I was recently on the Radiance for a very long time. I slept in three different cabins.

1. Very hard. Asked for extra padding. Cabin steward added much padding to my bed. Much better.

2. Very comfortable. (but it was a full suite. some have said that they got upgraded/new bedding even if the whole ship didn't)

3. Meh. Not terrible enough to ask for extra padding. Could have been more comfortable.

Moral of the story: If your bed is not comfortable, talk to your cabin steward.

Thank you, I will try your suggestion, however still wondering WHY royal special needs would say all the ships fleet wide have double mattress toppers???

I was on the Radiance in June in a JS. The bed was HARD (and I prefer a hard bed, but this was too hard). Unaware that they've discontinued the foam toppers, I asked the steward for a pad. He just stacked another pillow type pad on top of the other. It helped, but I ended up with a sore shoulder by the end of the cruise.

I was on the Radiance in June in a JS. The bed was HARD (and I prefer a hard bed, but this was too hard). Unaware that they've discontinued the foam toppers, I asked the steward for a pad. He just stacked another pillow type pad on top of the other. It helped, but I ended up with a sore shoulder by the end of the cruise.

So sorry you ended up with a sore shoulder and that's what I am concerned about, getting a sore back. Thank you for your input.

So sorry you ended up with a sore shoulder and that's what I am concerned about, getting a sore back. Thank you for your input.

I've seen recommendations for one of these backpacking pads and am contemplating getting a couple for our upcoming cruises. Amazon carries them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419656&highlight=Klymit