Couple of days on the Fort Lauderdale area beach before a cruise

bradleyk

My wife and I are looking at booking a hotel for 3 nights on the beach in the Fort Lauderdale beach area before a cruise. We are looking for inexpensive beach front, around $150 a night if that is possible. We are fine with going north or south or the port. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My wife and I are looking at booking a hotel for 3 nights on the beach in the Fort Lauderdale beach area before a cruise. We are looking for inexpensive beach front, around $150 a night if that is possible. We are fine with going north or south or the port. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Depending when makes a big difference? We have stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, very nice location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beachfront during peak season or off-season? There is a huge discrepancy in prices. In October we could get rooms in the $140-$250 range. In March of April, it would be more like $300-550 a night . This info is based from personal experience sailing out of there for the past 5 years in March and April. Actually, we never stay on the beach and now that I think about it, the rooms st holiday inn, Hyatt Place, and most motels on -17th Street run $300-350 a night. Beachfront actually could run you more like minimum $400 a night ☹️

It really would just depend on several factors, how many ships in port, getting a hotel with points vs paying, if Ft Lauderdale spring breakers are there, if a boat show is in town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We are lookong at April 5th to the 8th 2018

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

Rates at that time are in season, CY rate is around $300. You may have to search away from the beach when the Trolley runs and use it for transportation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are lookong at April 5th to the 8th 2018

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

You need to raise your budget if you want to be in walking distance of the beach. Definitely won't get anything in view of the beach.

If you raise your budget to $210 plus taxes, I see on Hilton honors (join free) you have a couple choices. But nothing beachfront.

Since you are so far out, I'd book a refundable reservation somewhere and do more research and hunting closer to the date. Doubletree Bahia Mar is a beach property that is usually the lowest priced. Rooms aren't open yet.

If you have your own transportation and can up your budget to $150 - $200, you might look at the small hotels and motels in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea just north of Fort Lauderdale. It's a lovely little town a mile or 2 long and a few blocks wide between the ocean and the intracoastal with good restaurants, nice beaches and a fishing pier.

I have Best Western Oceanside booked for 5 nights in January. They have free hot breakfast, bar, close to the beach, trolley stop across the street, water taxi within walking distance, restauarts close by, no shuttles airport/port.