Cruising out of Baltimore

sellwingri

I'm sailing out of Baltimore in a few days and have forgotten what we'll see as we depart. I think there's a bridge or 2 but have forgotten when approximately we sail under it/them. Someone please refresh my memory. Thanks

I'm sailing out of Baltimore in a few days and have forgotten what we'll see as we depart. I think there's a bridge or 2 but have forgotten when approximately we sail under it/them. Someone please refresh my memory. Thanks

You'll sail under the Key Bridge first and then the Chesapeake Bay Bridge later. Key Bridge is not too far from the port (keep your eyes out for Fort McHenry- home of Star Spangled Banner ;)), but the Bay Bridge takes a few hours to get to.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Also before the Key Bridge the first bridge you cross under if you look to the port side you will see a red white and blue bouy this is the approximate spot where Francis Scott Key wrote the Stars Spangled Banner

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to get to the Key Bridge? Would love for my boys to see this while on deck. However we have the early dinning and I have a feeling we will be in the MDR as we pass under this bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow that's early! What about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge approximately what time does the Pride pass that bridge on the first day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the time I gave you was for the grandeur

I would say around 7:30 or so for the pride as she arrives later

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Along with the bridges there are few other things worth seeing as you transit in and out of Baltimore. Ft McHenry was already mentioned, but there's also Fort Carrol, NS Savanah, and SS John W Brown. Shameless plug: click on my Pride review down in my signature, I cover all those sights. Enjoy your cruise!

There's not much to see but around 10 PM - Midnight the night before returning you'll go past Norfolk and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel.

This is not the same Bay Bridge that is in Maryland- but this one in VA is really cool (and completely petrifies me when I drive it!)

• 1 month later...