Red Carpet inn FLL

nadine26

We just got the Red Carpet Inn for the 4 January at 140$ CAD on Hotwire. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the port.

I would like to know if we can walk to go to restaurant or shopping?

Thank you.

This motel is in an industrial neighborhood a good 1.5 to 2 miles from any restaurants or shopping (other than gas station convenience stores). Not safe to walk even if you wanted as you have to cross over I-95 on a very steep hill.

There are many online reviews of this property reporting long waits for the shuttle and strongly critizing Hotwire and the other booking engines for overrating both the location and facilities. But considering that you are paying less than half the going rate for a just slightly better located Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn, if all your are looking for is a night's sleep you will be fine.

Edited by fishywood

Nadine26, the last 3 posters all live in that area and strongly advise you to stay in, order pizza, etc. Doesn't that make you want to switch hotels and stay somewhere safer?

I know I would! Even for 1 night....

Nadine26, the last 3 posters all live in that area and strongly advise you to stay in, order pizza, etc. Doesn't that make you want to switch hotels and stay somewhere safer?

I know I would! Even for 1 night....

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

we stayed there for one night on our cruise in May, not the best place, but the price was right, shuttle was fast from airport and back to the pier in the morning was organized and driver was friendly. They had a restaurant attached to hotel, service was fast , food good and friendly. Definately not a 5 star hotel but did not feel unsafe, for the night. Have to beware of your surrounding no matter where you stay, have fun, and dont let people scare you make you worry

I can switch hotel. It's not refundable.

Then it might be worth switching to the 3.5* downtown/port area hotel for $185 CAD. It's most likely the Riverside Hotel (lots of restaurants and shopping to walk to)...You'll be on your own with transportation.

we stayed there for one night on our cruise in May, not the best place, but the price was right, shuttle was fast from airport and back to the pier in the morning was organized and driver was friendly. They had a restaurant attached to hotel, service was fast , food good and friendly. Definately not a 5 star hotel but did not feel unsafe, for the night. Have to beware of your surrounding no matter where you stay, have fun, and dont let people scare you make you worry

The area IS unsafe.

I stayed there a few yrs ago for a pre cruise night. I knew it was a dump going in, but it only cost us $50, and we only needed a bed for a few hrs sleep. We got what we paid for....the bathroom door could not be closed all the way because the toilet was too close! Thankfully the lock on the front door worked....there was a lot of activity going on outside and we were able to hear everything. The free shuttle to the pier worked out well. I would do it again for $50, but at $140....no way!!!!

I stayed there a few yrs ago for a pre cruise night. I knew it was a dump going in, but it only cost us $50, and we only needed a bed for a few hrs sleep....

Yeah sorry but I'll never understand why people say this... it's OK for a "few hours" but so much can happen in those few hours, and that doesn't make it any more safe... :rolleyes::eek: Glad you were OK, hope OP will be as well.

it was ok for a few hrs because we had a late flight and literally needed a bed for a few hrs. I did not feel unsafe....like I said, the locks on the door worked. My point is that I would not book this place if I needed accommodations for a full day or more. And at $140 I would do my best to find something cheaper if needed for a few hrs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by lor74

it was ok for a few hrs because we had a late flight and literally needed a bed for a few hrs. I did not feel unsafe....like I said, the locks on the door worked. My point is that I would not book this place if I needed accommodations for a full day or more. And at $140 I would do my best to find something cheaper if needed for a few hrs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

How you felt is irrelevant. The area is unsafe.

• 1 year later...

They have remodeled the motel with all tile floors and everything is nice and clean from what I just read from 45 reviews on Trip Advisor

Lots of fellow cruisers as well....many stayed with hesitation at first but once there stated they were very happy. Also said the food in the restaurant was good. Plus the price can't be beat compared to the $250-300 per night hotels around.....Avg prices here seemed to be around $85-100 per night

And they have Free Shuttle to and from the Airport And Port 👍👍

They have remodeled the motel with all tile floors and everything is nice and clean from what I just read from 45 reviews on Trip Advisor

Lots of fellow cruisers as well....many stayed with hesitation at first but once there stated they were very happy. Also said the food in the restaurant was good. Plus the price can't be beat compared to the $250-300 per night hotels around.....Avg prices here seemed to be around $85-100 per night

And they have Free Shuttle to and from the Airport And Port

So you yourself have not stayed there but are recommending it based on stranger's reviews online?

Are you familiar with the area???

We just got the Red Carpet Inn for the 4 January at 140$ CAD on Hotwire. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the port.

I would like to know if we can walk to go to restaurant or shopping?

Thank you.

I know you've booked a non-refundable hotel, so here's a suggestion for the future. When you're considering a hotel, plug the address into a mapping program. I like google maps but there are others. Google maps street view will allow you to survey the neighborhood, search for nearby restaurants, etc. You can also use the street level view to walk around the property.

Here's google for red carpet inn fort lauderdale.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Red+Carpet+Inn/@26.0857392,-80.1768581,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x88d900a7b0ac6e8f:0xd83c22fa6e10fbec

Also, go to youtube and search for videos:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=red+carpet+inn+fort+lauderdale

fRIENDS HAVE RESERVATION There & WANT ME TO CHANGE FROM RADISSON because it is $100. cheaper & say they provide shuttle (Days Inn) & can leave my car @ Days Inn for a week. I went on Radisson web site & it "sounds" like they haave their act together w/24 parking lot securtiy & ambassador @ port - any locals have comments or have you stayed @ either place?