Cake Pops

CrazyPartyOf4

I read something about cake pops on Carnival ships but only on certain nights. Can anyone give me the info on this? We will be on the Dream in August and do not want to miss these! My kids love cake pops, but I'm not gonna lie - I'm pretty sure mama loves them even more. Can you tell where my priorities are??? I say this as I am high proteining/low carbing/working out like a mad woman - but on vacation, I will be eating what I want. [emoji3]

When we were on the Breeze in 2015, yes, they did have the strawberry ones, which were GROSS!!!

BUT, then ONE day, during lunch, they had chocolate ones. O.M.G.:D:D

So moist and almost like they had hot fudge on them. They were to DIE for.

Must have had like 6 of them!:eek::eek:

Yum!!!

I have seen some cake pop recipes where you mix icing with the cake part, to help form the ball, hence the moistness and why they may seem raw.....no clue if that is the way CCL makes theirs.

That's the way they should be made. All that I've ever had (and loved) were made this way. Yum!

Edited by CrazyPartyOf4

This is funny, either somebody loves them or either they were disgusting. Guess it does depend on the ship and how they are made. Tried them on the Sunshine in October and they were a melted hot mess and not very flavorful. But on the Breeze in December the icing was solid and they weren't that bad. To each their own, that's the good thing about buffets you can try it and decide whether you like it or not. :D

This is funny, either somebody loves them or either they were disgusting. Guess it does depend on the ship and how they are made. Tried them on the Sunshine in October and they were a melted hot mess and not very flavorful. But on the Breeze in December the icing was solid and they weren't that bad. To each their own, that's the good thing about buffets you can try it and decide whether you like it or not. :D

I think it's due more personal choice as to one's diet.

Some people love eating such high-calorie, low-nutrition items, I don't.

I think it depends on if they have ever had a Real cake pop before. I don't think the ones on Carnival are even cake. Certainly not comparable to a home made cake pop.

I've seen them a few times on the Lido during lunch. I tasted them but as others said they were not good enough to even waste the calories.

What a crappy response. I hope you feel good about yourself and never find yourself knocked off of your high horse.

What a crappy response. I hope you feel good about yourself and never find yourself knocked off of your high horse.

I believe you are taking my remarks out of content. The post I was responding to inferred the reason some people don't like these items is due to the ship and how they are made.

I asserted the reason some people don't like them is because of nutritional content and personal choice. Again, some people like such things, but I don't.

If you feel I am on a "high horse" so be it.

I personally LOVE high-calorie low nutrition items. Mmm- sugar and fat! Yum. Those two things most often accompany excellent taste, and the lack of them often means lack of excellent taste (though not always).

However, I did not enjoy the strawberry cake pops. I'm not eating them just for the calories, as I'm not trying to sustain life on strawberry cake pops, so I stopped eating after one bite. Despite my love for high-calorie, low-nutrition items, Carnival's cake pops did not pass the test. Yuck.

Most of Carnival's desserts are like that for me- looks super pretty, isn't actually that good.