Shipwreck Bar

Jimmy Geegitz

Hi

Yes we were there last xmas .It's a great place to go.

The food looked good there was sunbeds and umbrellas it is volcanic sand

keep your eyes open for the monkeys who are fed sugar cane.

We shall be going back again this year

Hope this helps

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

We enjoyed Shipwreck. Good food and drinks and very reasonable prices. Two chairs and your own shade palapa for $10 total. Only about 30 or 40 people there, all cruise passengers. Great snorkeling. Highly recommend. $4 pp cab back to port.

This was by far the best beach bar I have been to. I believe a bucket of beer was $20 that was for imports, domestic I think was $15. The food is amazing!! My group still talks about the food. This is not a busy place, when we were there it was actually more local people then cruisers. The beach is marked well on where to go in, and they have a platform you can swim out and lounge on. There are monkeys that roam free there, however they mainly hang out over by the bathrooms. We also walked down to the other side of the beach which is a beach club that was way more crowded then the bar. To get a taxi you just walk to the end of the pier and they will have taxi people waiting for you. Ours was more of a van/bus and made a few stops on the way out because we were the last stop. We took the taxi drivers card and set a meeting time for him to come back and get us. After being there most of the day we called to have him come later, but he was already on his way to get us. He thankfully got some food and hung out till we were ready to leave!!! Shipwrecked Bar will be one of the main reasons I go back to St. Kitts.

This was by far the best beach bar I have been to. I believe a bucket of beer was $20 that was for imports, domestic I think was $15. The food is amazing!! My group still talks about the food. This is not a busy place, when we were there it was actually more local people then cruisers. The beach is marked well on where to go in, and they have a platform you can swim out and lounge on. There are monkeys that roam free there, however they mainly hang out over by the bathrooms. We also walked down to the other side of the beach which is a beach club that was way more crowded then the bar. To get a taxi you just walk to the end of the pier and they will have taxi people waiting for you. Ours was more of a van/bus and made a few stops on the way out because we were the last stop. We took the taxi drivers card and set a meeting time for him to come back and get us. After being there most of the day we called to have him come later, but he was already on his way to get us. He thankfully got some food and hung out till we were ready to leave!!! Shipwrecked Bar will be one of the main reasons I go back to St. Kitts.

Thanks for sharing! Just what I have been looking for!!!

• 5 months later...
We had lunch at the Shipwreck and really enjoyed the food. The atmosphere was great. I took these 2 pics from our table

[ATTACH]344186[/ATTACH][ATTACH]344187[/ATTACH][/quote

Have heard from others that there was a lot of seaweed there..was there any??

Trying to decide between Carambola and Shipwreck....am leaning towards Shipwreck...like a more laid back atmosphere...

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a cruise for April 2016 and one of the main reasons I chose this cruise was to return to St. Kitts. (The other reason would be to go to Jalousie Beach in St. Lucia) These are 2 of my favorite places that I have visited. The view is so gorgeous, I just couldn't stop taking pictures!

We took a cab to Shipwreck in Feb. '15. It was so bad looking that the cabbie said, 'you don't want to stay here. let me take you someplace nice" He drove down the road about 5 minutes to Carambola Beach Club, it was very, very nice. He said he was proud of his island and that Shipwreck, in its current condition, was not what he wanted us to remember about St. Kitts.

We were there in the middle of March. We spent the day at carambola. Nice facilities, nice clean beach. Slow bar service, didn't have any food. We walked down the beach to Shipwreck to check it out. They are at opposite ends of the beach. In between the two are several other small beach bars that have loungers. Shipwreck was busier than carambola. We went up to the bar/table area. It was rather smelly up there. Lots of flies, yet lots of people eating. We ordered beers and walked back down the beach. The loungers didn't look comfortable and most of them were on a downward slope because of the way the beach was. A few of the places had sloping beachfront. Carambola was more expensive but had nicer facilities. You can reserve ahead of time at carambola, but not shipwreck. I believe the cab ride was eight dollars a person. Why not get dropped off at shipwreck and if you don't like it, stroll down the beach and check out the other places? It will be easy to get a cab back from any of them.

Shipwreck Bar and Beach is not for everyone, its unique with a island vibe. Very rustic and at the far end of the beach away from the masses. I really enjoyed the black sand beach and swimming out to the raft.

Drinks and food very reasonable and the side show of wild monkey's and mongoose playing on the hillside was great.

Edited by caribsun

Shipwreck Bar and Beach is not for everyone, its unique with a island vibe. Very rustic and at the far end of the beach away from the masses. I really enjoyed the black sand beach and swimming out to the raft.

Drinks and food very reasonable and the side show of wild monkey's and mongoose playing on the hillside was great.

Sounds like our kind of place :D !