Shore excursion help!!!!!!

My bf and I are going on a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise on the carnival glory in a few weeks. I have been to the destinations before, however it has been years and this is my first vacation as an adult planning everything on my own. I have looked into third party shore excursions, however I prefer to stick to carnivals own shore excursions. What are your thoughts on the excursions offered for each port of call: half moon day, st Thomas and Puerto Rico.

My biggest hopes are for parasailing, snorkeling and zip lining. Can't find parasailing anywhere. Any thoughts on third party vendors for this? It's also my boyfriends first ever vacation, cruise, time out of the country and first time seeing the ocean!!! I want to make this as memorable as possible. Please, any and all advice is wanted and appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

My bf and I are going on a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise on the carnival glory in a few weeks. I have been to the destinations before, however it has been years and this is my first vacation as an adult planning everything on my own. I have looked into third party shore excursions, however I prefer to stick to carnivals own shore excursions. What are your thoughts on the excursions offered for each port of call: half moon day, st Thomas and Puerto Rico.

My biggest hopes are for parasailing, snorkeling and zip lining. Can't find parasailing anywhere. Any thoughts on third party vendors for this? It's also my boyfriends first ever vacation, cruise, time out of the country and first time seeing the ocean!!! I want to make this as memorable as possible. Please, any and all advice is wanted and appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Scroll down to the Ports of Call section and go into each port you will be visiting. You will find a wealth of information on excursions there.

My personal thoughts are for especially St Thomas you can do the same excursions for much less money by doing a third party.....as I'm sure you can in San Juan too.

We are mostly beach people so tend to not do a lot of other activities.

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

HMC is the private island....you don't HAVE to do any excursions there, if you don't want to...it's purely a beach day! But, anything you book WILL be thru Carnival in that place. For your other ports, get a guidebook and find out about the activities you desire...then you can figure out IF you need an excursion to do it....and it will give you more to go on if you book thru the ship!

Thanks!!!!!

When we went to Half Moon Cay in 2013 they did para-sailing. Also San Juan has zip lining through the tropical forest in the national park. St Thomas we did private but went to Coral world and did a helmet dive. I know that carnival offered the same trip. Also Coral World is right next to a wonderful beach with snorkeling. Also San Juan has two great castles that are by old town that is cool to walk through. Those are what we did on those stops.

I'm no help with Carnival excursions, as we almost never take ship tours. We like the price and quality of private tours much better.

Have you searched the ports of call boards on this site? There is lots of good info there; I almost always get my ideas of who to book with from there and/or Trip Advisor.

All of your ports are easy to do on your own and have many options to either DIY or find a tour. It sounds as if you are fairly young and adventurous--we're late 60's and like adventure too, so go for it while you can!

Half Moon Cay is a great beach day. We did do an excursion there once- the

Eco-Lagoon tour which was good. But now we just do the beach day.

San Juan has Old San Juan- good walking area. Check out a map online.

In St. Thomas, we are glad we did a ship's excursion because the traffic was very busy. So we went to Magen's Bay Beach on the excursion and did not have to be concerned about getting a taxi. It is not expensive.

Check the Port Boards for all kinds of ideas.

You have to do your research with third party vendors. I am more OK with them in places like Puerto Rico & St. Thomas because those are US territories subject to similar tort laws & inspections where I have some comfort level that they may be insured should something go wrong.

It all depends on you but you can get more info on the ports of call boards, the sister site, TripAdvisor.com, travel magazines & guides, as well as board of tourism websites & chambers of commerce for those areas. Happy planning.