Quick platinum question

herewego

WE had purchased the UDP and are platinum, no discount on the package. We did receive the vouchers in our cabin and treated traveling companions to the dinners

Chris

You were supposed to get a $20 discount on the cost of the UDP:

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#diningpackage

"Platinum level Latitude Members will receive a $20.00 discount off the total Ultimate Dining Package price"

And please allow me to confirm that...I was the poster who reported that on my 12/1 Gem cruise the voucher did not permit use in Moderno. It named La Cucina and Orchid Garden as the permissible substitutes for Le Bistro.

Our Feb cruise did not have Moderno listed either, we asked and they said yes it was an acceptable substitution.

It could be a decision made ship to ship. I will try again next month on the Breakaway and see what happens

So.... this is what I understand:

if I purchase the UDP as a platinum member, they will only charge me $79 for a week long cruise not $99.

What about the free bottle of wine??

The regular 7 day charge for Ultimate Dining Package is $119 so you would be charged $99 as platinum member. You still get the free bottle of wine.

Here is link

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

If I purchase the UDP with my platinum status. I know they will deduct $20. .....will they still give me a paper voucher for my guest and the wine?

The complimentary platinum dinner is for 2 and a bottle of wine.

Yes, your Platinum perk stays exactly the same. The reason for the discount of UDP is that you use the voucher normally for yourself and guest on that one dinner and hence you don't benefit from UDP on that dinner.

If you pre-book your dining at LeBistro as a platinum member, will guest services credit your 20 dollars to OBC? Dining with friends and we are not sure if we should pre-book to get the times and night or wait till onboard. Thanks.

If you pre-book your dining at LeBistro as a platinum member, will guest services credit your 20 dollars to OBC? Dining with friends and we are not sure if we should pre-book to get the times and night or wait till onboard. Thanks.

I have no personal experience, but I think that you'd need to cancel the existing reservation after getting onboard and having them do the same reservation again at the same time.

If you prebook you will have to pre pay. Best to just wait till you board and reserve. They only allow a certain percentage to book in advance and hold the remainder until boarding.

On the tier benefits it list a "Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine" as well as a free bag of laundry. My question is since two of the three of us traveling are at the platinum level, does that mean we would have 2 dinners and two bags of laundry? Thanks

Each gets a dinner for 2 and each gets a bag of laundry. BTW, you can use the dinner at any of the specialty dining rooms that have a price no more than Le Bistros. We do Le Bistro one night and Modernos the other. Not always has the letter stated you have a choice, but we have never had any problem with using the meal at Modernos. we also have never had a time where the laundry had to be done on a particular day. Before we were plat, we did have to use a particular day for the special they run.

Edited by newmexicoNita

And you don't have to use both at Cagneys. Me and my DH are both platinum and we travel with our son who is still a minor. One night we will do LeBistro and pay for him and another night we will do Moderno with the other certificate and pay for him again

The dinner offer does not include Cagneys!:confused:

On our cruise on the Epic last month, it did seem that they even limited reservations when you were on board for Platinum or UDP. When I tried to make a phone reservation at our preferred time, I was told it was booked up for that time, so I made it for a later time. As I was about to say goodbye, the person with whom I was speaking said something like "Just go at the time you want. There are a lot of available tables." That was true. The restaurant was nearly empty.

I can only guess the reason for limited reservations is so that "freestyle" reigns. It did for us that night. So my takeaway is that for most (not all) restaurants, reservations may not be so important and may be limited, even when you are on board. So don't stress so much if you are Platinum or have UDP and 1) can't make your reservation before you board, 2) can't reserve your preferred time once on board. Tappanyaki may be the one true exception because of the very limited seatings.

Edited by drvalo

• 5 months later...

Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find it if it has.

If I chose the UDP promo do we each get a $20. credit for being platinum or is that only if you actually purchase it, it would be nice if I could almost cover the gratuities with a credit but probably wishful thinking.:)

Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find it if it has.

If I chose the UDP promo do we each get a $20. credit for being platinum or is that only if you actually purchase it, it would be nice if I could almost cover the gratuities with a credit but probably wishful thinking.:)

It's $20 discount, not credit - so you wouldn't get $20 credit even if you paid for it. Since you won't be paying for the package, there is no discount to be given. Also the discount would be from the package price so there won't be a $20 discount from the possible gratuities either.

Edited by Demonyte

It's $20 discount, not credit - so you wouldn't get $20 credit even if you paid for it. Since you won't be paying for the package, there is no discount to be given. Also the discount would be from the package price so there won't be a $20 discount from the possible gratuities either.

Thanks so much, that makes perfect sense:o

I saw on the NCL page that it ends with july sailings

I saw on the NCL page that it ends with july sailings

It's only the 50% off deposit that is ending. According to the Terms and conditions it is only from June 1-30, 2015. All the other promos are from June 1 to July 31, 2015.