Ladies ... I need your help ... VOTE!

We are on Carnival. I've been on several cruise lines and know the formal night, regardless the line, is interpreted differently. I usually just do a cocktail length dress and my dude does a tie and slacks ... I think he wore a jacket once and was in the minority - that was a RC cruise, if memory serves.

However, our wedding is a week prior to this cruise so we (um, I, who am I fooling) was going to kick it up a notch. And the price of either one of these dresses is actually less than I've paid for most of my cocktail dresses.

I tried on my mom's matron of honor DB dress ... it is a 14 and it is loose around the hips and boobages :eek: while the 12 I wore as bridesmaid in a wedding last summer fits perfectly.

Considering the materials, and my hatred of ironing, I decided to chance it and ordered the jersey one (#2.) I hope it works out in my favor!

Thanks all for the comments and input. I'll let you know how it goes ... the dress is due to be delivered toward the end of the week.

What type of jewelry are you wearing? I have a lovely bracelet that I wore on my wedding day that is just sitting in the jewelry box. I can post a picture of it if you like. Only thing...I don't know how. :confused:

What type of jewelry are you wearing? I have a lovely bracelet that I wore on my wedding day that is just sitting in the jewelry box. I can post a picture of it if you like. Only thing...I don't know how. :confused:

I saw your post on the "recycling" thread first and answered you there! What a sweet offer:o. I'd love to see it.

I got the jersey knit one ... it was delivered today and it's beautiful. All my worries about size and it's actually a bit big in the "cousins" area, if you know what I mean. I might have to add some padding, and I'm not lacking in that area. But the satin band across the boobages isn't as tight as I'd like it to be. Which is crazy because the size 12 bridesmaid dress I wore is perfect. No worries about it falling down. Difference in material, obviously. But I'm SOOOOO glad I didn't get the 14 in the other one. It would have been huge.

I put it on with the shoes I wore in my friend's wedding that are blinged out and dyed that beautiful horizon blue color ... again, because of that material, it's long, even with the high heels. I have to have it hemmed and then I'll post a picture when it's all put together. I have a friend at school I teach with who one day saw me (I can't believe I'm about to admit this) STAPLE the hem in my pant leg. I did it as much to freak out the fifth-grade class that was also in the room. But seeing it caused something all Martha Stewart about my friend Rachel to die a little inside so now she's my personal seamstress! SCORE! I can sew buttons, other than that, I'm lost. I regret so much I never learned how to sew from my Grandmother who sewed beautifully everything imaginable.

I have several new cruise "maxi" dresses that are too "maxi" in length for me that she is hemming. Tomorrow, I'm taking her the new blue formal night gown ... and a $30 Starbucks gift card. Teachers will do most anything for a Starbucks gift card!

I got the jersey knit one ... it was delivered today and it's beautiful. All my worries about size and it's actually a bit big in the "cousins" area, if you know what I mean. I might have to add some padding, and I'm not lacking in that area. But the satin band across the boobages isn't as tight as I'd like it to be. Which is crazy because the size 12 bridesmaid dress I wore is perfect. No worries about it falling down. Difference in material, obviously. But I'm SOOOOO glad I didn't get the 14 in the other one. It would have been huge.

I'm so happy that your dress fit. I was worried about the non refundable part.

I have a friend at school I teach with who one day saw me (I can't believe I'm about to admit this) STAPLE the hem in my pant leg. I did it as much to freak out the fifth-grade class that was also in the room. But seeing it caused something all Martha Stewart about my friend Rachel to die a little inside so now she's my personal seamstress! SCORE! .

I have several new cruise "maxi" dresses that are too "maxi" in length for me that she is hemming. Tomorrow, I'm taking her the new blue formal night gown ... and a $30 Starbucks gift card. Teachers will do most anything for a Starbucks gift card!

This made me laugh. I used to be the Rachel at my school. Everyone would bring me their sewing problems. I didn't see any stapled hems but plenty that were masking taped. I finally had to stop the sewing part (really started to dislike sewing and was into knitting) and then became the sweater fixer.

I did indeed go with dress 2 and it's GAWJUS. No worries about it wrinkling. DB had it packed in about a 12 inch by 12 inch white envelope and stuffed, hanger and all, rolled up in a plastic DB gown bag and it came out without a wrinkle 1. It's being altered this weekend ... I'll try and post a pic next week.

Blessings and smooth sailings, all.

Judy

I did indeed go with dress 2 and it's GAWJUS. No worries about it wrinkling. DB had it packed in about a 12 inch by 12 inch white envelope and stuffed, hanger and all, rolled up in a plastic DB gown bag and it came out without a wrinkle 1. It's being altered this weekend ... I'll try and post a pic next week.

Blessings and smooth sailings, all.

Judy

Hi Judy:) I knew #2 would not wrinkle:D....Jersey is fabulous

that way!

• 1 month later...
Here it is .. wore it on the second "elegant" night ... sorry had to crop DH out. He'd flip if I posted his picture. But isn't his tie a lovely match?!?!?!

I love your dress and the blue popped! You look gorgeous in and I don't think you need your hubby in the photo :cool::D

• 3 years later...