Gift cards, carnival cash, put lonely on sail card

sweets2323

Maybe I'm old school. But I'm trying to understand what the purpose in getting carnival cash or a gift card. Also, why are people looking to buy the gift cards from other places instead of carnivals website..

I remember putting money on my room card and that was it... sail card

I saved $380 on next trip on cruise fare and cheers by buying them with 10% discounted gift cards on AARP and Verizon. You can only get 5 of each denomination each day and they sell out in about 24-36 hours each time they are posted. $100 and $500 cards are usually available. If you get under $500 from each purchase, you don't have to sign and they just come in the mail. If you get $500+ you have to be home to sign. I just end up buying 4 sets of $400 when they go up for sale in separate purchases to avoid the signing. They take 7-10 days to get to you.

You just have to be ready to buy when they go up!

Good luck finding some!

Oh so it's the percentage.. that's a good deal. Guess I'll keep an eye on carnival for discounts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Other than the deposit..which was a reduced deposit....and onboard expenses....I paid for my entire last cruise with gift cards and saved 10%.

Where did u purchase your card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot of people get them on Verizon or AARP. I can't get those because I'm not a verizon customer and I'm more than a decade from being AARP eligible. I buy them whenever they go on sale on ebay. I was able to get those three times last year. I usually find out from this forum. Someone usually posts a topic when gift cards are on sale. Just make sure to check this site every day :D

A lot of people get them on Verizon or AARP. I can't get those because I'm not a verizon customer and I'm more than a decade from being AARP eligible. I buy them whenever they go on sale on ebay. I was able to get those three times last year. I usually find out from this forum. Someone usually posts a topic when gift cards are on sale. Just make sure to check this site every day :D

You don't need to be a certain age for AARP. You don't even need to join (as in a paid membership). Just sign up and take quizzes to earn points. I'm nowhere near retirement age, either!

And you say you're not old :loudcry:

Mind blown ;)

From what you said, I'm younger than you ;p. I was just simply trying to tell you that you don't have to be a certain age to sign up for the Rewards For Good program through AARP. It's open to anyone 18 or older (maybe younger?) and it doesn't cost anything. So since you haven't been taking advantage of the program, you may want to. Ebay doesn't have the good sales like they used to anymore. You're welcome :cool:.

If you were to sign up for UPS My Choice you can have things like these gift cards delivered without signing for them. You simply logon to you UPS MyChoice account and do a release for the package. You also get emails for everything that UPS is going to deliver stating the day and a small window of time. I get a LOT of things from Amazon so I've loved having this account. The best thing is it's FREE and easy to do. I've had $5k worth of gift cards delivered in the past 6 weeks and have yet to sign for any of them. I'm a third shifter at a hospital and don't want to be disturbed during the mornings and early afternoons..