Can a Princess Promotional Fare change in 10 Minutes?

need2cruisesoon

Was home Saturday on my computer.

Received a email blast for a 4 separate cruises, one in particular cruise I was looking at already was a 5 night to Cabo April '17.

So after checking with my wife and getting a cup of coffee I went to website and logged on, and low and behold the fare was nowhere to be seen.

Wow, 10 minutes after getting the princess email I was out of luck. I even called Princess and the agent couldn't even find the promo code in the system.

I'm thinking the promo was good for like 2 cabins.....

Had that same experience but on an airline. Had to complain why my Travel Funds from a cruise fare drop was not reflected on my account. After about 20 min after waiting for the email confirmation, the airline phone rep can't find the new fare I got for the reduction to merit a credit to the Travel fund.

I guess phone reps are not aware of sudden price changes.

A South Pacific cruise on the Diamond changed pricing three times yesterday during the day. When I pulled the trigger with my travel agent, she had another price that was cheaper than any of the three I had during the day.

Not sure about anyone else but I always recheck the pricing on cruises I have booked as the fare tends to change. If it gets cheaper I ask for the adjustment. Depending on the type of promotion/fare and the time between asking for an adjustment and sailing, I have pretty much always received the adjustment. You just have to watch that you aren't losing on board credit, etc.

I do this all the time when I have my hotel booked pre or post cruise. For our cruise next week I just rebooked the same hotel and saved $40 a night on a price drop. Last year in Ft Lauderdale I saved $100 a night. Of course you have to have a reservation that allows you to cancel the previous reservation.

Do know that computer cookies may contribute to different info displays when you revisit a website. I use one computer for initial travel research/dummy bookings. etc. and a different one on a separate network for actual purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you only have one computer, just go the TOOLS tab and clear all internet history.

Do know that computer cookies may contribute to different info displays when you revisit a website. I use one computer for initial travel research/dummy bookings. etc. and a different one on a separate network for actual purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've heard device matters too ... if on an IOS device prices might be higher. Not sure if true or not.

If you only have one computer, just go the TOOLS tab and clear all internet history.

The cookies are kept by browser. So if you use multiple browsers (IE, Firefox, etc.), you can switch to a different browser when you want to make the booking.