jackets

jsja79

We are cruising on Celebrity Solstice and was wondering if on dress up nights is it required to wear a suit or can you go in dress shirt and slacks for those days!
no need to wear a suit.

Evening Chic

Ladies: Cocktail dress, skits, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Gentlemen: Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater. Optional - sport coat or blazer

no need to wear a suit.

Evening Chic

Ladies: Cocktail dress, skits, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Gentlemen: Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater. Optional - sport coat or blazer

Glad you shared this answer, how sad, how far Celebrity has fallen, we are elite but do not cruise it any more... i

Glad you shared this answer, how sad, how far Celebrity has fallen, we are elite but do not cruise it any more... i
I don't consider this a negative, but a plus, as they are keeping up with the times. On my cruises prior to the change, a lot of folks didn't dress formally anymore. Also, they are not the only cruise line to change; Crystal has changed their formal nights from 2 to 1 on a 7 day cruise.

What cruise line are you cruising on?

We've found that most people dress just as nicely on Celebrity on Evening Chic nights as they do on Formal nights on other cruise lines ie quite a few people wear formalwear, most people wear outfits that conform to Evening Chic, and a few ignore the dress code.

Designer jeans? Didn't they go out of style in the early 90's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious. You don't cruise Celebrity anymore because of the change in dress suggestions for formal night? This is a reason for them to have "fallen" as you put it? You still have the option of dressing in formal wear if you want and many still do. What line do you cruise now where the formal dress results in the line being better as you see it?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Per Celebrity...Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

Just for fun I Googled "designer jeans" and these came up. I don't know who the designer is but they should probably find another line of work. :)

2017-Hot-font-b-Sale-b-font-Solid-Slim-Retro-font-b-Men-b-font-font.jpg

Oh, I'm sure they fill a need - the sort of schlub who thinks this is a good look is probably not capable of the consistent effort required to achieve this degree of wear.