Pre-ordering fun shops booze packages

amsred2

You can pre-order booze packages from the online fun shops. My question is this...

Do they deliver these packages upon embarkation? I know if you purchase bottles on board they don't deliver them until the last night. However, the fun shops package page makes it seem like this is something you can get in your room as a gift the first day?

Thoughts?

if you asking about the bottles of liquor that you can order through the bon voyage department, they can be deliver when you ask them to be delivered to your room. I usually have them delivered when we arrive on the ship. There is some rule for Texas I believe that states due to one of their rules for the state that it can not be delivered until the second day of your cruise.

You can pre-order booze packages from the online fun shops. My question is this...

Do they deliver these packages upon embarkation? I know if you purchase bottles on board they don't deliver them until the last night. However, the fun shops package page makes it seem like this is something you can get in your room as a gift the first day?

Thoughts?

Yup, when you order you choose the day you want them delivered. Always in my cabin by the time I get there.

if you asking about the bottles of liquor that you can order through the bon voyage department, they can be deliver when you ask them to be delivered to your room. I usually have them delivered when we arrive on the ship. There is some rule for Texas I believe that states due to one of their rules for the state that it can not be delivered until the second day of your cruise.

Makes sense. I ordered a little cooler with 4 beers, 2 coozies, 4 cups and bottle opener and it didn't show til day 2 of a cruise out of Texas. Texans are cool about guns. Alcohol, not so much.:D

Edited by AngAndBoys

Makes sense. I ordered a little cooler with 4 beers, 2 coozies, 4 cups and bottle opener and it didn't show til day 2 of a cruise out of Texas. Texans are cool about guns. Alcohol, not so much.:D

This made me laugh out loud! :p

We always have our bottle of Captain Morgan's waiting on our desk, all wrapped up in a pretty package. If I remember correctly, last time I ordered, it asks you on line to fill in a kind of name tag: to, from, and message. I wrote a funny message on the tag for DH (sorry, a little too R-rated to repeat). :o Think I'll do the same again.

I wrote a funny message on the tag for DH (sorry, a little too R-rated to repeat). :o Think I'll do the same again.

Oh come on you can tell us! Your room steward saw it when he delivered it and probably thought about that every time he was in your cabin. ;)

This made me laugh out loud! :p

We always have our bottle of Captain Morgan's waiting on our desk, all wrapped up in a pretty package. If I remember correctly, last time I ordered, it asks you on line to fill in a kind of name tag: to, from, and message. I wrote a funny message on the tag for DH (sorry, a little too R-rated to repeat). :o Think I'll do the same again.

I always fill those out and get a little laugh at it... this time each of them were along the lines of "To Me, From Me, because I love me and I hope I have a great cruise" :p

I ordered the same thing and asked for it the first day. It was there when we got to the cabin (we went out of Miami). It didn't come pre-loaded though... no ice and the beers were not cold. Still a good deal though. We used the cups and coozies all week. The frig didn't stay really cold so it was good to have the beer on ice. Your steward will keep it full of ice for you (tip the kind man, please). A bucket full of beer is cheaper at the bars than what they charge at the funshop by a couple bucks (even after tip). And they will also keep your bucket full of ice for you.

I ordered the same thing and asked for it the first day. It was there when we got to the cabin (we went out of Miami). It didn't come pre-loaded though... no ice and the beers were not cold. Still a good deal though. We used the cups and coozies all week. The frig didn't stay really cold so it was good to have the beer on ice. Your steward will keep it full of ice for you (tip the kind man, please). A bucket full of beer is cheaper at the bars than what they charge at the funshop by a couple bucks (even after tip). And they will also keep your bucket full of ice for you.

Yup, mine didn't come loaded and ready either. I didn't mind paying the extra because what I REALLY wanted was the cooler. I used it instead of a bucket for my "bucket of beer" purchases. I'm usually by myself or with my kids, so can't drink the beer before the bucket is mostly melted and not so cold anymore. They have no issues filling the cooler with ice for you at the bars too.

2 bottles per room. this trip we are pretty lucky we have 3 rooms, so our orders have been split between the 3 rooms. It suck when we travel by ourselves, hubby drinks balck russians vodka and kalhua .. how i solved that is as soon as we board i order my bottle through room service. If you are on a roll call maybe you can ask someone on the roll call to let you order a bottle for thier room and collect it from them.. just a thought

You can also order the same bottles from room service that you order from Bon Voyage. I suppose you could order bottles 1 & 2 from BV and then once on board order bottles 3 and up from room service. BV and RS are the same price. Room service might even be a little cheaper if the port charges sales tax on your BV orders.

Slightly off topic....

Whenever I read threads about Bon Voyage liquor packages and Cheers, I always think, that's what I'll do, but I don't. I just buy one drink at a time. Last cruise I discovered mai tais...had 3 in one evening after an early dinner. I guess my limit is two.

Slightly off topic....

Whenever I read threads about Bon Voyage liquor packages and Cheers, I always think, that's what I'll do, but I don't. I just buy one drink at a time. Last cruise I discovered mai tais...had 3 in one evening after an early dinner. I guess my limit is two.

Maybe that's why you forget. :D

Reading this post I just found out about the 2 bottle minimum. I did not know about this so thanks for starting the post. Anyway, we have ordered a bottle of vodka for me and a bottle of wine for my wife to be in the cabin on embarkation in Miami. Does that take care of the 2 bottle min or can I go ahead and order another bottle of either? My liver would like to know so it can prepare.

Thanks!

Just so you know, you can also call room service and order a bottle any day during the cruise. I did this earlier this year on the Breeze. Called room service, placed order for Crown, delivered within 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruisinpips

Thanks! Yes, you are right I meant to say 2 bottle max but my liver got worried and took over my thoughts!

Also thanks for the room service tip. I did not know that we could order booze direct from them later in the cruise. We have done that before on Princess but never on Carnival. Good to know. My liver is smiling again.....

Mike