New points process

procter

Just received confirmation that the 750 points each that we have are actually not worth anything and at 18 points per night for owners suite we will have to have 42 nights on board.

That is 2.3% discount.

Surely that cannot be right.

Just received confirmation that the 750 points each that we have are actually not worth anything and at 18 points per night for owners suite we will have to have 42 nights on board.

That is 2.3% discount.

Hi Procter,

Who is telling you this ? at 750 points, you should be at Discoverer Plus level, which - if you book onboard, should give you a 7% discount when booking onboard, per the benefits page : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/member-benefits

Perhaps you believe the discount is offered at all times ? My understanding is, that it's a booking onboard benefit. Hope this is helpful !

We are Discoverer Plus level and did receive the 7% discount for the bookings we made while on the Journey last month. I agree that the discount is only applied for bookings made while on board.

That is 2.3% discount.

Have you written to Nicole yet? Loyalty issues are her department now. She's pretty speedy at answering inquiries (in my experience).

Nicole is aware of this thread. She & I are waiting for Proctor to give a bit more info.

That's great Bonnie. I hope she shares it here if she gets the info. I can't make head or tails out of how the complimentary nights work either.

Thanks Bonnie .

Have received reply from Nicole but needed clarification

I understand that I get 7% as discoverer plus on voyages booked on board but in order to get 6 nights free I have to sail in Owners for 42 nights to get these free nights with points only counting from Jan 1 2015.

Is that correct i.e no retro credit for existing level

Thanks Bonnie .

Have received reply from Nicole but needed clarification

I understand that I get 7% as discoverer plus on voyages booked on board but in order to get 6 nights free I have to sail in Owners for 42 nights to get these free nights with points only counting from Jan 1 2015.

Is that correct i.e no retro credit for existing level

Procter, you are correct...the Complimentary Nights benefit is not retroactive. Starting January 2015, when a member moves up in tier (or reaches a milestone), they will receive a certain amount of complimentary nights, IF they have sailed with us in the past 3 years and have earned 50% of their points with Azamara.

If a member enters the Discoverer Plus tier and has 750 points, you are correct, they would need to sail for 42 nights in a Club Ocean or Club World Owner Suite, which is 3 - 4 voyages (depending on the length of each voyage.) The Complimentary Nights benefit rewards all Le Club Voyage members; however, the more a member sails, the quicker they'll earn their complimentary nights.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email Nicole at LCVAmbassador@LeClubVoyage.com

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie,

Can you confirm "nights" is only those when vessel is at sea/ after boarding ?

We depart UK day 1 on Azamara (BA club world flight) ,arrive day 2 and then overnight in Azamara hotel to board on day 3 and same in reverse.

Can you advise correct number of nights

THANKS

Thanks Bonnie,

We depart UK day 1 on Azamara (BA club world flight) ,arrive day 2 and then overnight in Azamara hotel to board on day 3 and same in reverse.

THANKS

You never get any credit for time other than on board the ship regardless of who books your flights etc, that has always been the case

The terms and conditions state

Club Points are earned based on stateroom category purchased and length of voyage when you sail with Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises (including Cruisetours).

Travelling in the time line you are travelling is not a cruise tour

Thanks Bonnie,

THANKS

Hello Proctor, correct again...the nights that count in the LCV tally are the nights you spend on-board the ship as a paying Guest.

Bonnie

Notice also that as of 1st January,2015, you will be able to request an upgrade at a cost, from Ocean View to Verandah etc.

Only thing about this is that the forms are still not available, surely once Azamara put out new terms and conditions they should be in a position to put out the forms.

Notice also that as of 1st January,2015, you will be able to request an upgrade at a cost, from Ocean View to Verandah etc.

Well, I am curious to know, how will this offer works, regardless as to whether the forms are available or not.

Surely, given the number of Azamara LVC members on most cruises it causes Qs of how many cabins are available for upgrade???

Is it question of first come first seved??

I would really need clarification.

Thanks.

Joyce

Well, I am curious to know, how will this offer works, regardless as to whether the forms are available or not.

Surely, given the number of Azamara LVC members on most cruises it causes Qs of how many cabins are available for upgrade???

Is it question of first come first seved??

I would really need clarification.

Thanks.

Joyce

If you look at the final line of the terms and conditions it covers it - it is based on loyalty level

If you look at the final line of the terms and conditions it covers it - it is based on loyalty level

I was told by an Azamara rep that, in addition to loyalty level, it's also a first-come, first-to-be-rewarded system. So, if two bookings have the same loyalty level, the booking that submits the upgrade (at $199 pp) form first will have priority. The rep said (I think) that the form wouldn't be available until Jan 1, 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Little confused yet: I was also told it is loyalty level first, then first-come within each loyalty level for however many cabins may be available(1-2 months out). Also, I received a link from Azamara 2 days ago, to the form to be put on a waitlist. Bonnie, maybe you can help me here? Was this the official form for upgrade waitlist, or was I put on a waitlist to be notified/reminded of the form for Jan 1?:confused:

2015?

I was told by an Azamara rep that, in addition to loyalty level, it's also a first-come, first-to-be-rewarded system. So, if two bookings have the same loyalty level, the booking that submits the upgrade (at $199 pp) form first will have priority. The rep said (I think) that the form wouldn't be available until Jan 1, 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having cruised for many years on Celebrity before Azamara existed, there is no way that I could ever get more than 50% of my points on Azamara. You might as well separate the 2 loyalty programs. As long as I get recognized for my Celebrity cruises, I cannot benefit from the free nights. Did anyone really think this item through before they changed the benefits?

Little confused yet: I was also told it is loyalty level first, then first-come within each loyalty level for however many cabins may be available(1-2 months out). Also, I received a link from Azamara 2 days ago, to the form to be put on a waitlist. Bonnie, maybe you can help me here? Was this the official form for upgrade waitlist, or was I put on a waitlist to be notified/reminded of the form for Jan 1?:confused: 2015?

Hello Sparty1,

I need to ask about the waitlist. I'll get back to you soon.

Bonnie

Only thing about this is that the forms are still not available, surely once Azamara put out new terms and conditions they should be in a position to put out the forms.

The Upgrade Waitlist Form is available at: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/stateroom-upgrade

It is the actual assignments of upgrades that won't be available until January 1, 2015. Hope this clarifies.

bb

Little confused yet: I was also told it is loyalty level first, then first-come within each loyalty level for however many cabins may be available(1-2 months out). Also, I received a link from Azamara 2 days ago, to the form to be put on a waitlist. Bonnie, maybe you can help me here? Was this the official form for upgrade waitlist, or was I put on a waitlist to be notified/reminded of the form for Jan 1 2015?

Nicole got back to me with the following (below in italicized font).

I (Bonnie) now realize that part of the problem is semantics. We refer to the form as the Upgrade Form, while others, perhaps your Travel Partner, are interpreting it as a "Waitlist Form".

In actuality it is both: a form that booked LCV members must fill out in order to be on a Waitlist to Upgrade for $199 pp. I'm now referring to it as the "Upgrade Waitlist Form" in order to cover all bases. ;)

And yes, we will assign upgrades first by your Tier, and second by the date you fill out the Upgrade Waitlist Form.

From Nicole to me today...

"TheUpgrade Waitlist form is already on our website and can be found here: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/stateroom-upgrade

It can also be found by going to the LCV homepage > Special Members Offers section > scroll all the way down and select SUBMIT UPGRADE REQUEST button.

Members and Travel Partners (TPs) can already begin submitting their details to be placed on the waitlist (via the online form), but upgrades will not begin until voyages departing on/after January 2015.

LCV Members (or their Travel Partners) will submit details, and will be placed on a waitlist for an upgrade. If an upgrade becomes available, our LCV Desk will reach out to them at the member/TPs' preferred method of contact noted on the form.

The LCV $199 Upgrade benefit is based on space availability. Once a member or their Travel Partner submits the online web form, the member will be placed on that voyage waitlist. If an upgrade becomes available, members/TPs will be contacted 2-4 weeks prior to their departure. Upgrades will be prioritized based on member's tier level, then by time of request. Upgrades will be from Club Interior to Club Oceanview, Club Oceanview to Club Veranda, Club Veranda to Club Continent Suite."

Edited by BBMacLaird