Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever Bar…..

CP0780.JPG

Another informational sign…..

CP0782.JPG

Volleyball courts….

CP0785.JPG

Here are some views of the Children’s Play Area…..

CP0786.JPG

CP0787.JPG

CP0788.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

Here are a couple more shots of the Children’s Play Area…..

CP0789.JPG

CP0790.JPG

CP0791.JPG

The Dining Pavilion (Tropics Restaurant)…..

CP0792.JPG

Patti caught the crew beginning to prepare our lunch…..

CP0794.JPG

CP0796.JPG

To be continued…..

Covered picnic benches…..

CP0795.JPG

The Bell Bar…..

CP0797.JPG

Could that be our lunch?

CP0798.JPG

He’s making a run for it!!

CP0799.JPG

The back side of the Pirate Bar. The official name is the Captain Morgan on the Rocks Island Bar…..

CP0800.JPG

CP0801.JPG

To be continued…..

Jeff, first thanks for taking the time to write this.

I never thought of waiting at that bar rather than standing in line. How do you know when the last tender is loading? When the bartenders pack up and leave, it's time to go!!

I will say it again I wish CCL offered a cruise that anchored at HMC for five days and just tendered back and forth . HMC, beer and BBQ all day. Tender back for a shower and supper and blackjack all night long. Then repeat.

We would book in a heartbeat!!

Also do you have any idea what that building is that is under construction? My guess is some sort of a waiting area for the tenders.

When Patti took the behind the scenes tour, she heard that it was a restaurant.

Thanks for following along!

Edited by Jamman54

Thanks for the response. We have been there three times and I never new it had so many bars. Being a lowly Gold member we have to take a later tender, then we haul butt to a chaise right outside the pirate bar and only get out of the water to refill our bucket of beer. We never eat, explore, nothing, we just hang it the water, drink beer and enjoy the music. We really do love HMC and feel it is one hell of an amenity that Carnival offers.

Good Lord willing we will be doing it all over again August 18th.

Can't wait for more great pictures and review.

Edited by Tutontow

Thanks for the response. We have been there three times and I never new it had so many bars. Being a lowly Gold member we have to take a later tender, then we haul butt to a chaise right outside the pirate bar and only get out of the water to refill our bucket of beer. We never eat, explore, nothing, we just hang it the water, drink beer and enjoy the music. We really do love HMC and feel it is one hell of an amenity that Carnival offers.

Good Lord willing we will be doing it all over again August 18th.

Can't wait for more great pictures and review.

You'll notice as our day at HMC progresses, I rarely leave the water. I'm just hanging out on my float drinking my beer and taking pictures. Patti is the explorer.

CP0745.JPG

HA, you caught my grandson in this picture and the red bag on the end of the row of chairs is my daughters "pop" bag on wheels that she took there that day instead of carrying a beach bag. :D

AHA!! Patti's roving lens captured one of your gang again!!! This is better than "Where's Waldo"!!! :D

Patti has almost made it back to our spot, as she is standing in front of Captain Morgan’s, where she takes this shot of the far end of the beach…..

CP0803.JPG

Looking the other direction towards cabana #’s 5, 4, and 3…..

CP0804.JPG

Captain Morgan on the Rocks Island Bar…..

CP0805.JPG

Pedal boats.....

CP0806.JPG

These are Villa’s A, B, & C…..

CP0807.JPG

Patti spots me floating around in the water…..

CP0808.JPG

To be continued…..

This was our shady spot between Villa “C” & cabana #6…..

CP0812.JPG

CP0813.JPG

While I was out floating around, I had our water camera with me. Here is my view of the beach…..

CP0814.jpg

Looking towards our shady spot on the beach…..

CP0815.jpg

Looking to my left at the higher number cabanas…..

CP0816.jpg

That looks like fun…..

CP0817.jpg

To be continued…..

Looking down towards the Kid’s Water Park…..

CP0818.jpg

I’m looking towards cabanas 5 & 4…..

CP0820.jpg

My view of Captain Morgan’s. That reminded me that I would be needing another bucket of beer…..

CP0821.jpg

This is a view of Villa “D”…..

CP0822.jpg

Looking a little further down towards Villa “E”…..

CP0823.jpg

Looking out at the Carnival Pride…..

CP0825.jpg

To be continued…..

I could feel something nibbling at my toes. A look down with the camera caught the culprits…..

CP0828.jpg

CP0827.jpg

CP0829.jpg

Another view of Captain Morgan’s…..

CP0833.jpg

Villa’s A, B, & C…….

CP0834.jpg

The Carnival Pride looks great from here……

CP0838.JPG

To be continued tomorrow. In the next segment, Patti takes us behind the scenes at HMC. You’ll see some parts of the island that most haven’t seen.

AWESOME!!!! Still following and waiting for more:o

Looks like you got one of those pedicures where the fish like to eat the dead skin off your feet.:eek:

Yours was free.

The Kardashians paid hundreds....:D:D:D

Keep up the great work. Cannot wait for more!!!!

Sorry to hear you didn't get a cabana but certainly looks like you had a good time. We were fortunate enough to get a cabana from the shore excursion desk at embarkation on this Pride cruise. Most likely we were able to get one since I emailed Carnival excursions and asked to be placed on the waiting list about 3 weeks before the cruise. I was a bit skeptical even with a confirming email, but they had our name and had saved us a cabana that had become available. We had a group of 8 and put the cabana to good use!

AHA!! Patti's roving lens captured one of your gang again!!! This is better than "Where's Waldo"!!! :D

I know! I'm actually having fun with this. :p :D

Editing because I just spotted us again. We have the clam shell that's up (right below the cabana in orange in the picture). That's the hubby sitting in it. This is fun! I can't believe we were so close.

CP0804.JPG

Edited by mitsugirly

Here are a couple more shots of the Children’s Play Area…..

CP0789.JPG

CP0790.JPG

CP0791.JPG

The Dining Pavilion (Tropics Restaurant)…..

CP0792.JPG

Patti caught the crew beginning to prepare our lunch…..

CP0794.JPG

CP0796.JPG

To be continued…..

The signs says hurricane season ends November 31st...there is no November 31st.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't you know? In the Bermuda Triangle there is a November 31st! :D

Good catch!!

I know! I'm actually having fun with this. :p :D

Editing because I just spotted us again. We have the clam shell that's up (right below the cabana in orange in the picture). That's the hubby sitting in it. This is fun! I can't believe we were so close.

CP0804.JPG

I was wondering if we might of gotten you, since I knew you rented a clamshell. Keep looking there may be more, and in Freeport. :)

Didn't you know? In the Bermuda Triangle there is a November 31st! :D

Good catch!!

I have a funny story about November 31st, my daughter was born on 11/31/1982, according to my hubby and the Ft Greely, Alaska Army clerk, when the hubby went to register her birth with the Army, the clerk asked when she was born, hubby said November 31 and the clerk typed it in, she was born 11/30/82 at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, its still a running joke between the hubby and I :)

Both Ryan and Patti has excursions planned for 11am. Ryan took a later tender over to HMC in time to make his Aqua Trax Watercraft Adventure. Here’s what his excursion was all about.

Aqua Trax Watercraft Adventure

Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas

Excursion Description

Experience Half Moon Cay from the seat of your own Aqua Trax watercraft.

On this excursion you will:

• Take a short tram ride and arrive at the safety briefing area and have time to get acquainted with your personal sit-on watercraft.

• Have your guide lead you, single file, along the picturesque shoreline of the island.

• Navigate around the natural reef formations, inlets, islands and sand pits before stopping for a cool drink.

• Learn about the history of the island and the Arawak Indians, the first settlers to the area.

• Finally test your watercraft skills as you maneuver around a buoyed course.

Note: Minimum age is 16 years and maximum weight is 375 lbs. Total time on watercraft is approximately 30 minutes.

Guests must present a valid drivers license. One person per watercraft only.

Wear your swimsuit and bring your towel. Personal items can be left at the watersport center or kept in the dry storage on the watercraft. Bottle of water is included.

This is extremely limited.

Many of the shore excursions and watersport rentals on Half Moon Cay require that you sign a waiver release form administered by the Tour Operator. Where required, the waivers will be provided prior to tour departure at the meeting point on the island or at the watersports huts prior to rental.

The cost was $90. We’ll see Ryan later, and he’ll tell us if it was worth it or not.

Patti made her way over to the Plaza for her excursion, taking a couple of photos on the way. Here’s another look at Captain Morgan's…..

CP0839.JPG

Here is the I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever Bar…..

CP0840.JPG

This is the tour that Patti will be taking. The cost was $20.

Island Tram Calypso Tour

Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas

Excursion Description

Enjoy all the highlights of Half Moon Cay while riding in a shaded open aired island tram, with a professional guide. This is the only tour that shows all the highlights in 1 hour. Feel the flavor of Half Moon Cay offering a firsthand look at the guest areas, shore excursions, and amenities offered on the island.

This tour offers a view into the "back of the house" technical area which is not accessible to other guests. The tour depart from the Western side of the Welcome Center by the Information Booth via an open air tram that will transport you on paved roads throughout the island visiting several points of interest.

Drive past the Marina to Cannon Point for an overview of the beach activities. Make a stop to the Island‘s non-denominational chapel, and a drive through the Dining Pavilion roundabout. Stop to the neighboring infamous Captain Morgan "On the Rocks" Bar. Take a short ride along the coastline showcases the Bay with great views of your ship bring you to Pegasus Ranch, home of the swimming horse and, photos of Ted the ranch Monarch.

Then it is on the Island Airport, which sits a foot of the island ruins, (the remains of a centuries old settlement), this location is the drop-off and pick up point of the Seaplane service. The 700 acre inner lagoon is also used for Jet-skiing, eco-glass bottom boat, and kayaking tours. See the Stingray Adventure area, giving you another viewing perspective of the lagoon, and the Stingrays in their natural habitat. Rest rooms are available at this location. Re-board the tram for a drive through the Islands farm, allows view of local species of plants, fruits and vegetables grown for the sustainability & beautification of the Island and the local island residents.

The Tram passes the helicopter pad and goes "behind the scenes" to the back of the house, where the power generator plant, water plant, recycling area, technical, fabrication, repair shops and resident housing. Your tour returns you to "Lustre" the Pearl Kiosk.

Patti boarded the tram and met her tour guide Yvette…..

CP0844.JPG

The first stop would be a ride out to Cannon Point, which is where the entrance to the channel is. Here is another tender coming in…..

CP0846.JPG

A view of the channel…..

CP0848.JPG

The entrance to the channel…..

CP0850.JPG

To be continued…..

Another view of the channel entrance…..

CP0857.JPG

Here are a few views of the beach, taken from Cannon Point…..

CP0852.JPG

CP0853.JPG

CP0854.JPG

There is good snorkeling by the rocks…..

CP0855.JPG

This is the back side of the Oasis or Grand Cabana…..

CP0859.JPG

To be continued…..

Here’s a close up of the kid’s water slides…..

CP0860.JPG

Here’s a couple more views of the Oasis…..

CP0864.JPG

CP0863.JPG

Passing the back side of Captain Morgan’s on the way over to the Pegasus Ranch…..

CP0867.JPG

The tour has arrived at the Pegasus Ranch. This is where the horseback riding excursion takes place…..

CP0902.JPG

The Tram driver…..

CP0881.JPG

To be continued…..

The horseback riding tour is mounting their horses…..

CP0868.JPG

CP0870.JPG

These horses got the afternoon off…..

CP0873.JPG

A view of the Carnival Pride as seen from the Pegasus Ranch…..

CP0874.JPG

The horseback riding tour is beginning…..

CP0877.JPG

This is one of the stables…..

CP0880.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54