Which ships have the nicest Promenade Decks?

Grannycb

:cool: Grannycb, I'll give you my "opinion". On Voyager of the Seas,wife and I found 2 empty deck chairs with noone else around and had the best nap ever with the sea breeze and sound of the ocean. Sorry I couldn't give you the definitive answer, just my opinion. Oh yea, that's all you asked ,huh. :p

Oh dear, I thought my question was a simple one. I was looking for opinions and reasons for why you like a ship's promenade. Some ships have promenade decks that include stairs, some don't have enough chairs, some just feel crowded. Those would not be my favorites.

Let's try it this way. Which ships do not have single level outside promenade decks?

I have very limited cruise experience compare to others here at CC. That said, Holland America's wrap around teak decks are hard to beat. On the R and S class ships, it's the Lower Promenade. On the new Vista class, it's another deck (don't remember which one).

Roz

Royal Caribbean has a promenade deck outside that goes around the entire ship. On both sides and fwd and aft there are lounge chairs for relaxing. Also on Voyager and Freedom class ships there is an inside Promenade, which is over two hundred feet long. There are shops, bars, food, etc. There are chairs where you can sit and just people watch. At night the indoor promenade lights up with parades and other type activities.

cheers

The Westerdam (HAL) has a lovely promenade deck on one level that goes all the way around the ship - I think 3 times around is 1 mile. It's great, because you can lounge around on the comfy deck chairs reading until you need some exercise, go for a walk and come back to lounge some more, then repeat. Lovely way to spend a day at sea.

ALL HAL ships have wrap around treak Promendade Decks that are wonderful. One of the many features we love on HAL ships. On some ships ("S" class) four times around is a mile; other ships (Vista Class), three times around is a mile. .... aprroximately. :)

The best wrap around promenade deck would have to be the NCL Spirit. It is a typical promenade deck with loungers etc. BUT it has Henry's Pub - a small area with just a few bistro tables. Nice spot for a glass of wine after a couple of laps ;)

Royal Caribbean has a promenade deck outside that goes around the entire ship.

The one problem is that the Promenade Deck on most RCCL ships has stairs at the front going up to the helicopter pad. While I like this, the OP has said in her posts that she does not so this would not be a good fit for her.

• 2 years later...

I'm with granny about not breaking up the promenade deck with stairs. Nor do I like the "topside" walking tracks on some of the newer big ships. I enjoy being down closer to the water while I'm walking (the traditional Deck 5 works out nicely), and I like to be shaded from the sun and (sometimes) the elements. True, there are plenty of times when one side or the other of the ship will be head-on into the sun and/or the wind, but even then the other side is likely to give you a nice respite while walking laps. One of my favorite walking decks was on the old Norwegian Dream, hostess of my "around the horn" cruise. It was delightful. (Even had the big old clock.) I'm going to try to post a picture of it.

907487542_IntoPtoChacabuco_6.jpg.3b2dbda21222d5ccbb5ffcf98691385f.jpg

The Westerdam (HAL) has a lovely promenade deck on one level that goes all the way around the ship - I think 3 times around is 1 mile. It's great, because you can lounge around on the comfy deck chairs reading until you need some exercise, go for a walk and come back to lounge some more, then repeat. Lovely way to spend a day at sea.

I was also on the Westerdam, and their promenade was fantastic. Really enjoyed walking around the entire ship outside.

All HAL ships have teak promenade decks which go around the whole ship - with no stairs. They are also furnished with classic wooden deck chairs -I have not sailed Royal Caribbean, but HAL's promenade decks far surpass those I've seen on Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and NCL.

ALL HAL ships have wrap around treak Promendade Decks that are wonderful. One of the many features we love on HAL ships. On some ships ("S" class) four times around is a mile; other ships (Vista Class), three times around is a mile. .... aprroximately. :)

All HAL ships have teak promenade decks which go around the whole ship - with no stairs. They are also furnished with classic wooden deck chairs -I have not sailed Royal Caribbean, but HAL's promenade decks far surpass those I've seen on Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and NCL.

AND HAL Promenade Decks are all TEAK. Few ships have teak decks but that is a special feature on HAL ships. :)

(I provided the above underline.)

I've sailed Carnival (sort of), Princess, Celebrity, RCI and HAL. We think HAL's the best Promenade by far.

Edited by sail7seas

We prefer to sail on NCL and CCL but must agree the "class" on HAL's promanade deck is superior. You can't beat the teak deck chairs for feeling like you are really on a cruise liner.

Edited by McDebbie

AND HAL Promenade Decks are all TEAK. Few ships have teak decks but that is a special feature on HAL ships. :)

(I provided the above underline.)

I've sailed Carnival (sort of), Princess, Celebrity, RCI and HAL. We think HAL's the best Promenade by far.

How does one "sort of" sail Carnival? Does that mean you did not participate in the hairy chest and wet tee shirt contests?

• 4 years later...
:cool: Grannycb, I'll give you my "opinion". On Voyager of the Seas,wife and I found 2 empty deck chairs with noone else around and had the best nap ever with the sea breeze and sound of the ocean. Sorry I couldn't give you the definitive answer, just my opinion. Oh yea, that's all you asked ,huh. :p

Thanks for your answer.:)