Best wishes to newly married Captain Phillpot and his bride!

Salacia

"Queen Mary 2's newly appointed master, Captain Peter Philpott, married his new wife on board Queen Victoria.Cunard Commodore Christopher Rynd conducted the ceremony on Queen Victoria's top deck just days before Philpott takes up his new role as master on Cunard's flagship..." quoted from http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/queen-victoria-s-master-married-at-sea.html

"Queen Mary 2's newly appointed master, Captain Peter Philpott, married his new wife on board Queen Victoria.Cunard Commodore Christopher Rynd conducted the ceremony on Queen Victoria's top deck just days before Philpott takes up his new role as master on Cunard's flagship..." quoted from http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/queen-victoria-s-master-married-at-sea.html

Maybe a stupid question who is the main Captain now on the Queen Mary 2?, I have always though the Commodore of the fleet should be on the flagship.:confused:

Captain Philpott will take command of the QM2 since Capt Oprey has now retired, I guess he will rotate with Captain Wells. The Commodore of the fleet does not necessarily always have to be on the flag ship , as he has a choice. I guess for personal reasons he has chosen to be in command of the Queen Victoria.

Captain Philpott will take command of the QM2 since Capt Oprey has now retired, I guess he will rotate with Captain Wells. The Commodore of the fleet does not necessarily always have to be on the flag ship , as he has a choice. I guess for personal reasons he has chosen to be in command of the Queen Victoria.

I think I know what you mean regarding the flagship.;)

I think I know what you mean regarding the flagship.;)

I don't think I know what you think Bell Boy means regarding the flagship. Wink or no wink, if you have something say -spit it out, please. Thank you.

I don't think I know what you think Bell Boy means regarding the flagship. Wink or no wink, if you have something say -spit it out, please. Thank you.

Possible the Admiral tells him which ship to choose?;p

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Phillpot renewed our vows on Queen Victoria, June 2012, in the Mediterranean. He and my husband seemed to have a bit to talk about. Maybe something to do with the racing cars.... Then we were invited to sit at the Captains table which was nice. A Great cruise