Where did you buy that?

Aussie Jeep

Bermuda, in addition to rum cakes ( which are made there and are delicious) is the perfume. Beautiful scents created there and sold in interesting bottles. I bought a sweet little teapot shaped bottle containing a perfume I knew my 18 yr old daughter would love and she did. There is also a glass blowing factory where you can watch beautiful glass works being created and buy the works of art. All of these can be purchased at the Royal Navy Dockyard where the ship is in port.

Hawaii: Pineapple sparkling wine from Maui Winery - delicious & not sweet. Can be shipped to some States.

St. Maarten: local MaDu Du (sp?) Rum in hand painted bottles

Definitely vanilla in Mexico.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

I'll second Grenada for the nutmeg. The spice necklaces make interesting gifts -- but shop around for better deals. The ones that still had the mace attached to the nutmegs seemed to be higher quality than the others.

Does anyone have any advice for Bermuda?

When I went to Bermuda, I went to the mall in the Royal Naval Dockyard. I bought a necklace that had a Bermuda coin pendant. I love it. There is also a jewelry store in St. George that make jewelry with sea glass. Very pretty.

Any recommendations for San Juan, st. Thomas, st. Maarten, st. Lucia, st. Kitts & Barbados? Will be going there next year.

In St. Maarten / St. Martin it's the Guava Berry rum for me. I was last there in June and told m friend to just try it. He wound up buying more bottles than I did! They have various flavors and it's some of the most potent rum you'll come across that isn't a high end label. You'll see the port stand as you get off of the ship. It's to your left and is yellow.

The bottles are about $20 each, are fairly large and come in a variety of intense, delicious flavors like Coconut and Almond.

Sintt-Maarten-Guavaberry-Colada-Rum-Shop-TravelXena-1.jpg

Any recommendations for San Juan, st. Thomas, st. Maarten, st. Lucia, st. Kitts & Barbados? Will be going there next year.

St. Maarten perfume and men's cologne. Bought some Prada for my son at half the price. And of course how could I forget about the Guavaberry. Yum!

Edited by fergusonvt

In St. Maarten / St. Martin it's the Guava Berry rum for me. I was last there in June and told m friend to just try it. He wound up buying more bottles than I did! They have various flavors and it's some of the most potent rum you'll come across that isn't a high end label. You'll see the port stand as you get off of the ship. It's to your left and is yellow.

The bottles are about $20 each, are fairly large and come in a variety of intense, delicious flavors like Coconut and Almond.

Sintt-Maarten-Guavaberry-Colada-Rum-Shop-TravelXena-1.jpg

I like buying from the shops that have samples of course!

Bermuda, in addition to rum cakes ( which are made there and are delicious) is the perfume. Beautiful scents created there and sold in interesting bottles. I bought a sweet little teapot shaped bottle containing a perfume I knew my 18 yr old daughter would love and she did. There is also a glass blowing factory where you can watch beautiful glass works being created and buy the works of art. All of these can be purchased at the Royal Navy Dockyard where the ship is in port.

I also like British woolen goods from Bermuda. Got some beautiful sweaters there on a land vacation several years ago.

I got a beautiful emerald and diamond ring in a jewelry store in the port. Don't know if we are allowed to say the name of the store but it is a kind of dancer that is in a ballet.

I was told by our local jeweler that there was no way he could sell it for the price I paid.

Vanilla in Cozumel and Marie Sharp's hot sauce in Belize. DD also got a great deal on those woven chairs that hang from the ceiling in Cozumel.

We tried chocolate all over Europe. And although Belgum was really good we thought it was the second best in Europe. We thought Switzerland had the best chocolate in Europe.

But Belgum had the best French Fries. Mmmmm.

I can see why you're saying that since Swiss chocolate is more like the chocolate you know in the US. And while I do agree that Swiss chocolate is very good, I respectfully disagree that they are the best in the world...maybe patriotism...maybe not...

Belgium for sure has the best fries...but we call them Belgian Fries since they are in fact a Belgian invention :cool:

I guess what we bring to the world is how to live well...being good in Chocolate, Fries and Beer :D

On topic: if you ever sail to Zeebrugge: Chocolate, Beer and Lace are the things to take home and Fries is the one to taste. Go to a small type of restaurant/take-out called "Frituur", you can find them everywhere in Belgium...

Grand Cayman - 7 fathoms rum, but is 35.00 a bottle, also at little plaza right by Margaritaville is a little liquor store has blackbeards rum, real good, also a little trailer there that sells blackbeards rum cakes, if you buy a six pack, they give you a 2 lb cake for free, best ones are original, and the banana (banana is the best) we also bought tortuga rum and tortuga rum cakes, but blackbeards i think is the best .. we bought a bottle of Cruzan rum there for only 8.00 (it is cheaper than that in St Thomas or St Croix) Cozumel, Mexican blankets 3 for 20.00 is norm, dont pay more than 2-3 dollars for maracas , also for hot sauces in Cozumel, we bought like 6 various bottles, 2 bucks or less a piece, silver jewelry, jewelry store right at port will bargain good with you. Wife bought a bracelet, he started out at 85.00 , she got for 50.00, had appraised here in Tampa at friends store, they said it would sell for around 100.00 ... had black onyx in it.. i bought a turquoise/ silver bolo tie ..

Thanks for the tip regarding the rum (and rum cakes).

We only tried Tortuga and loved it to bits...I still cherrish my bottles of Coconut rum and Golden rum...For special occasions only.

If I get a chance to visit Grand Cayman again, I will try 7 fathoms and Blackbeard for sure.

OP, this is a great idea for a thread!

Jamaica-Jerk spice sold at the grocery stores in glass jars. It's like a paste/marinade. A couple different brands are made on the island.

St. Kitts-Hand Made Batik Fabric from Caribelle Batik. Beautiful, unique prints!

We pick up both paper and coin currency from every port stop we make. Makes great gifts for kids.