Where did you buy that?

Aussie Jeep

Grand Cayman - 7 fathoms rum, but is 35.00 a bottle, also at little plaza right by Margaritaville is a little liquor store has blackbeards rum, real good, also a little trailer there that sells blackbeards rum cakes, if you buy a six pack, they give you a 2 lb cake for free, best ones are original, and the banana (banana is the best) we also bought tortuga rum and tortuga rum cakes, but blackbeards i think is the best .. we bought a bottle of Cruzan rum there for only 8.00 (it is cheaper than that in St Thomas or St Croix) Cozumel, Mexican blankets 3 for 20.00 is norm, dont pay more than 2-3 dollars for maracas , also for hot sauces in Cozumel, we bought like 6 various bottles, 2 bucks or less a piece, silver jewelry, jewelry store right at port will bargain good with you. Wife bought a bracelet, he started out at 85.00 , she got for 50.00, had appraised here in Tampa at friends store, they said it would sell for around 100.00 ... had black onyx in it.. i bought a turquoise/ silver bolo tie ..

We will be in Cozumel in 2 weeks and I'm thinking I might just have to get some blankets. Do you have a place that you typically buy from?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also can get muscle relaxants over the counter here in Canada. One time I forgot to bring them with me and went to a drugstore in the US and asked for them. The person looked at me as if I had three heads and said you need a script for them here.

You can also get Drixoral, the best cold and allergy medicine on earth, over the counter. The only way I can get it is to beg someone visiting Canada to pick some up for me, or pay a guy I found online $25 a box to mail it to me, which is more than double the store price!

You can also get Drixoral, the best cold and allergy medicine on earth, over the counter. The only way I can get it is to beg someone visiting Canada to pick some up for me, or pay a guy I found online $25 a box to mail it to me, which is more than double the store price!

Cold FX is the best cold remedy (IMHO) - available only in Canada. Or on Amazon.

Funny how the food and drug laws in North America vary; some things we buy in the US!

Benadryl (diphenhydramine), an antihistamine, is available on the shelf in Canadian drugstores, but it is considerably cheaper in the US, especially store brands.

Some natural remedies in health food or natural remedy stores, are not for sale in Canada, such as progesterone cream. But I can find it in Florida and St. Thomas. Until recently, l-carnitine was not allowed for sale in Canada, but we could get it in the US.

Not sure if there is something Americans want that only we have, in that department!

p.s. someone mentioned 222s, that you can request at pharmacy counters in Canada. If you want ASA, codeine and caffeine, get 222s. If you want acetominophen, codeine and caffeine, get Tylenol#1. (Higher amounts of codeine are Rx only- 282s, 292s, Tylenol#2,3,4).

Maybe this is a roll call 'gift exchange' we should start!:p

• 1 month later...
The BEST chocolate I have had was from Belgium.

See's in California

Does anyone have any advice for Bermuda?

Shorts! Seriously it seems every store in the USA sells those cargo type shorts with pockets put on every square inch of fabric, ugly.

Cozumel La Choza sauce. There is a restaurants about 5 blocks all of the main square. It's called La Choza and if you ask a local they will send you in the right direction. It has the most amazing spicy chipotle cream salsa/ sauce that us to die for. I always bring back a few large bottles. I have learned to make it at home as well but nothing tastes exactly like the original.

More on the novelty side but in Hawaii you can purchased dozens of flavors of Spam. Walmart has a whole section of the stuff.

Barcelona-it has been a few years but the Lladro porcelain figures that you find in jewelry stores in the states were significantly cheaper. Also leather jackets and coats.

Cozumel La Choza sauce. There is a restaurants about 5 blocks all of the main square. It's called La Choza and if you ask a local they will send you in the right direction. It has the most amazing spicy chipotle cream salsa/ sauce that us to die for. I always bring back a few large bottles. I have learned to make it at home as well but nothing tastes exactly like the original.

Totally agree. This restaurant is amazing. It's located at 10th Avenue #216 between Adolfo Rosado Salas & 3rd Sur. Cant wait to go back there in April.

In Canada I always make a stop at any drug store, (which could also be inside of a grocery store) to pick up 222's. They are basically Tylenol with codeine and they are over the counter in Canada.

I know plenty of Canadians who swear by these.

Any suggestions for Tortola?

Grab a bottle of Pusser's Rum, the British Navy's official rum for over 300 years. Also grab a bottle of Pusser's Painkiller mix. These are imitated and duplicated all over the Virgin Islands, (including the USVI), but none as good as the original Pusser's Painkiller. Pusser's is a good place to eat, while you're at it.

Was there a problem bringing food through customs?

No we did not experience any issues. Some vendors in the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market were able to seal the packaging for us. We brought back spices, tea and candy (Turkish Delight). We had a combination of loose and packaged and did not have a problem with anything.

Rochelle

No we did not experience any issues. Some vendors in the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market were able to seal the packaging for us. We brought back spices, tea and candy (Turkish Delight). We had a combination of loose and packaged and did not have a problem with anything.

Rochelle

Yup - the Spice Market was great and as long as it is sealed it isn't a problem bringing it home. However we found that Turkish Delight is not so Delightful. It was fun to try, but it wasn't something that i wanted to spend money on and bring it all the way home. But everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Istanbul was a hidden gem for us and we loved it. Also like to pick up some pottery (painted plates and bowls) for cheap. We got a bunch of the Turkish YoYo's (tops on a string) to bring back for nephews and nieces. We had our little guy do the haggling for those and he ended up buying them for 1 Eur a piece.

Mike