FLL hotel on beach

sg4crzn

We are flying into FLL and cruising out of FLL. My son is trying to surprise his wife with the cruise and saying we are going to the beach. Flying in the night before. How far is the airport-beach-port? Best transportation a taxi?

We are flying into FLL and cruising out of FLL. My son is trying to surprise his wife with the cruise and saying we are going to the beach. Flying in the night before. How far is the airport-beach-port? Best transportation a taxi?

There are tons of hotels in the beach area but only a few on the beach until you get further north.

The Marriott Harbor Beach is the only one on the beach.

Yes, cab is the best transportation.

Lago Mar is also right on the beach. A very fine hotel, old Florida, with wonderful service. On site restaurants, and a short cab ride to the port.

What else can you say about Lego Mar? Been thinking about booking there and would love to know more. It seems out of the way. Are the restaurants that good?

They have a wonderful breakfast buffet. Had lunch on the patio under the trees. I think I had the Coconut shrimp, excellent. The food was very good. They also have a hot dog, hamburger and sandwich place on the beach, for those who want to eat in their bathing suits. You can get served food around the pool too. We did not have dinner in their restaurant, went to The Outback instead, and I was sorry. Very noisy, could not even hear anyone talking at the table. The food was very spicy there, and my mouth got burned and bothered me for a few days. Lago Mar also has room service. It is no different pricewise than the Marriot Harbor Beach. We have stayed at Lago Mar only twice, but will go back again next cruise. We really liked it. They have two pools, mini golf, and a large outdoor chess set game. Have a look at their website. It is in a residential area, and you must either have a car, or take a cab, but it is just a 10 minute ride to the pier. Well worth trying.

Karen

Edited by stoneharborlady

Lago Mar is a self contained resort. It sits away from the public beach and restsurant / bar areas of the city. Most staying here eat at their restsurants. If you want to see more of the city and intracoastal waterway, you'd need a car/cab.

• 2 weeks later...
We are staying at the Westin Beach Resort. Is there anything nearby to visit or can you recommend a good restaurant. Also, approximately how much will a taxi cost from FLL airport to the hotel?

about $25.00. Be sure the cab driver turns on the meter and you get a receipt.

We are staying at the Westin Beach Resort. Is there anything nearby to visit or can you recommend a good restaurant. Also, approximately how much will a taxi cost from FLL airport to the hotel?

Steak 954 is a good restaurant for dinner a block north in the W Hotel. They take reservations.

Casablanca Cafe is a good restaurant for lunch a block south. They also serve dinner but I much prefer the lunch menu and service. They do not accept reservations.