Carnival Paradise OR RCI Brilliance of the Seas?

Torinate

Hello there.

Planning our first cruise for my spouse and I. Looking at either a 4 night or 5 night trip out if Tampa in March. Limited to this number of nights due to children being left with Grandma.

So, which one? Both offer 4 and 5 night cruises in our time period.

Have experience on either or both? Opinions?

Thanks for the help!

Torinate

Neither ship is new. The Brilliance is a much nicer ship. Better layout and I think I it is bigger. Look at the sq ft per passenger and pictures of the cabins. Also check the food venues - and read the reviews.

• 3 months later...

Well, finally went ahead and booked the cruise... RCO Brilliance of the seas for March.

Yay!

Thanks for the advice!

Now...

To arrange a car rental in Tampa - any ideas for best rates etc? It's for the week before the cruise.

Any amazing excursions out of Cozumel?

Thanks again~!

Torinate, you've made a wonderful choice with Brilliance! I love her sister ships (Radiance and Serenade), and have booked her other sister ship (Jewel) for 2015. It's our favorite RCI class of ship. With her three acres of glass, you certainly know that you are on a ship- even glass elevators! A few spots we enjoy are the Solarium, Schooner Bar, the self-leveling pool tables in the Colony Club, and (specialty restaurant) Chops Grille for a filet.

Regarding Cozumel, check out the Cozumel Ports of Call forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210. Lots of discussion on shore excursions there, (Mr. Sanchos tour is a popular one). I hope you booked the 5 nt. cruise, to add either Key West or Grand Cayman to the itinerary. Also peruse the Royal Caribbean forum, on the link provided by SPacificbound. Enjoy your first cruise! :)