Parking at New Orleans Question

hawkinsh

What are the parking options that you would suggest in New Orleans?

Here is what I have read or heard.

1. Parking at port seems easier, but it is something like $20 per day ($100 for our cruise), and you may end up walking further with your luggage than if you were parking offsite.

2. Parking offsite is a little cheaper and they will have a shuttle that will literally drop you off at the terminal.

Based on that information, it would seem that off-site parking is better. Thoughts?? Am I missing something? What off-site parking options do you recommend?

I'm sorry, my memory is failing me. We parked directly across the street from the crew ship terminal. It wasn't no $20 a day. It was easy, quick, and fairly inexpensive from what I recall. I believe I found it by googling crew ship terminal parking New Orleans. I do recall we use the GPS and drove right to the spot. Good luck and enjoy New Orleans. We sure did!

What are the parking options that you would suggest in New Orleans?

Here is what I have read or heard.

1. Parking at port seems easier, but it is something like $20 per day ($100 for our cruise), and you may end up walking further with your luggage than if you were parking offsite.

2. Parking offsite is a little cheaper and they will have a shuttle that will literally drop you off at the terminal.

Based on that information, it would seem that off-site parking is better. Thoughts?? Am I missing something? What off-site parking options do you recommend?

When parking at the port, you will drop your checked luggage off with the porters then go park.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

According to the Port of New Orleans website, cruise terminal parking (Erato St.) is $20 per day. We used the Fulton garage last cruise and it cost us $8 per day. The garage is located just on the other side of the Convention center from the terminal. They have shuttle buses to take you to the terminal and bring you back. Used them twice, have never had a problem. ..

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Parking in the Carnival Cruise Terminal is extremely easy, but expensive. $20 per day. You pay by credit card on the way in, drive up to the sea caps who take your luggage then proceed to park in the garage. Don't go too early because the people getting off the cruise need to get out and free up spaces. Fulton Parking is a block or two away and is much cheaper. From what I understand you make reservations at Fulton online beforehand. Then you have a spot and they bring you to the terminal.

According to the Port of New Orleans website, cruise terminal parking (Erato St.) is $20 per day. We used the Fulton garage last cruise and it cost us $8 per day. The garage is located just on the other side of the Convention center from the terminal. They have shuttle buses to take you to the terminal and bring you back. Used them twice, have never had a problem. ..

Sent from my Galaxy 4

I just visited the website, it listed the price at $10 for rooftop and $12 for rest, but that is still better than $20.

Is this correct or do you know of another cite to use for the reservation?

Erato parking garage is $140 for a 7 day cruise. Easy access to terminal and covered parking.

For our recent cruise we parked at Fulton Place (book at neworleansparking.com) for $99 covered parking 1 block away from cruise terminal. It was $83 for uncovered parking. Fulton Place offers a free shuttle every 5-10 mins b/t 7am & 3pm. However, at the end of our cruise it took forever for a shuttle to arrive, and when it did, it filled up right away, so we had to wait even longer for the next one to show up.

Next time I will avoid the hassle and just park at the cruise terminal. It's worth the $40 to me.

I just visited the website, it listed the price at $10 for rooftop and $12 for rest, but that is still better than $20.

Is this correct or do you know of another cite to use for the reservation?

Our cruise was last February, so prices may have gone up. We used roof top parking and had no problems

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Next time I will avoid the hassle and just park at the cruise terminal. It's worth the $40 to me.

I always figured I'd save $40 and let the shuttle bus driver fight the traffic around the terminal. On our last cruise out of NOLA, it was leading up to Mardi Gras, and there were streets around the terminal that were blocked off for parades. Our shuttle bus driver new which roads to avoid, where as I would have been totally lost....

Sent from my Galaxy 4

When cruising out of NOLA, we always park at the Fulton Street Garage. It is cheaper....I think it is $12 per day. The shuttle takes you to the port and and then picks you up when the cruise is over. We have used them 6 times and have never had any trouble getting to or from the ship.

Erato parking garage is $140 for a 7 day cruise. Easy access to terminal and covered parking.

For our recent cruise we parked at Fulton Place (book at neworleansparking.com) for $99 covered parking 1 block away from cruise terminal. It was $83 for uncovered parking. Fulton Place offers a free shuttle every 5-10 mins b/t 7am & 3pm. However, at the end of our cruise it took forever for a shuttle to arrive, and when it did, it filled up right away, so we had to wait even longer for the next one to show up.

I agree, I don't like having to wait for a shuttle at this port.

Dang. How much did parking used to cost at the New Orleans port? We sailed out of there in 2012, and I thought we only paid around $90 for the week.

$20 a day seems expensive, but that port was one of my favorite for parking. Drive in, show the porter your paperwork and pop the trunk for them to take your bags. Just an easy elevator ride down to the main entrance and walk about 30 feet inside the terminal. Not to mention a bit more secure.

If the Fulton parking is only for cruise passengers, why would anyone need 24/7 access to it? Once the ships are gone for the day, who would need access to their car?

Dang. How much did parking used to cost at the New Orleans port? We sailed out of there in 2012, and I thought we only paid around $90 for the week.

$20 a day seems expensive, but that port was one of my favorite for parking. Drive in, show the porter your paperwork and pop the trunk for them to take your bags. Just an easy elevator ride down to the main entrance and walk about 30 feet inside the terminal. Not to mention a bit more secure.

If the Fulton parking is only for cruise passengers, why would anyone need 24/7 access to it? Once the ships are gone for the day, who would need access to their car?

I've sailed out of 5 different ports, and New Orleans is my favorite in every way, and I park at the port.

With everything that's already spent, the 20 to keep my car safe and available is not that much. The convenience and ease to arrive and depart the port are worth it to me.

We used Machu Picchu parking garage. It was $110 for a 7 day cruise and they have a free shuttle. They were very quick with the shuttles for both drop off and pick up. Our car was in a covered parking garage with a secured gate. They don't have a ton of parking so they don't have a crammed full shuttle and you don't wait long at all. I would HIGHLY recommend them, they were excellent and super friendly!