Tampa cruise port?

tncruisergurl

Considering a cruise on the Paradise out of Tampa. Can anyone recommend a pre-cruise hotel? I usually like a park and cruise hotel. Also, how far is the port to Busch Gardens?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Busch Gardens isn't very far from port however Tampa traffic is notoriously bad so just be aware you might be in your car more than you want.

edit to add: It's about 9~10 miles depending how you go. I travel the state for work so 10 miles isn't very much to me lol. Your mileage may vary. :)

I've never stayed in hotels in Tampa for cruising purposes so not sure what the best there would be. I can tell you the Waterside Marriott is beautiful and has great food and great beer at the sports bar. (my company has branches in Tampa/St Pete so I've stayed there for work). They do advertise a Park and Cruise rate.

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina

700 South Florida Avenue Tampa Florida 33602 USA

1-813-221-4900

Edited by originalgeek

There is a Hampton Inn & Suites so close to the port that you can see the ships from the hotel. I don't know if they offer a "park-n-cruise" or not, but you could give 'em a call and find out. I think it's 813-247-6700. Address is 1201 East 7th Ave, Tampa, Fl. 33605 I've never stayed there, but know folks who have, and they had no problems.

Good luck, and hope to see you aboard one of these days.

"SKY"

There are a couple hotels in the Rocky Point area that are pretty cruise friendly. I have stayed at the Chase Suites a few times. They offer a cruise package w/parking.

http://www.chasehoteltampa.com/special-pkg

There is also a Holiday Inn off the same parking lot there, and a Bahama Breeze restaurant, a fun way to start vacation. :)

Edited by cruisin*tigger

Do you think it's better to stay at a hotel and do a parking package and leave your car at the hotel, or to drive and park at the port and pay to leave your car there? We may be driving in from Ohio in December and having to plan for my in-laws who are first time cruisers...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you think it's better to stay at a hotel and do a parking package and leave your car at the hotel, or to drive and park at the port and pay to leave your car there? We may be driving in from Ohio in December and having to plan for my in-laws who are first time cruisers...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your choice. Parking at the port is convenient and costs about $15/day (last time I checked). You might be better off staying someplace cheap outside of Tampa and parking at the port, or you might prefer to use one of the Rocky Point hotels and their shuttles.

Your call. Have a great cruise. :)

At the end of the cruise I find many folks, especially folks with a long drive ahead of them, are REALLY anxious to get going ASAP.

In this case waiting for a shuttle to get their car can be ENDLESS PAIN .....

If there is a possibility this will be you, the port parking is a multi-story garage just across the street from the terminal ... so your car is a short walk away, most likely parked under cover (unless you are on the roof, or 'oversized') ... you can be on your way in minutes.

just sayin' ...... I've seen folks having meltdowns when they didn't get on the first shuttle and were told there would be a wait. Heck of a way to begin a long drive.

Edited by Capt_BJ

There are a couple hotels in the Rocky Point area that are pretty cruise friendly. I have stayed at the Chase Suites a few times. They offer a cruise package w/parking.

http://www.chasehoteltampa.com/special-pkg

There is also a Holiday Inn off the same parking lot there, and a Bahama Breeze restaurant, a fun way to start vacation. :)

Would you recommend the Chase? Was considering this hotel since it is one of the few that offers two bedroom suites...