Show me your....BEACH!

oreomaximus

The best part of cruising for me is getting to see some of the world's best beaches. The smooth soft sand, the warm sun, the soothing lull of the waves. Drink in hand, my favorite book in tow and my toes buried in the sand. That is my idea of a perfect vacation day.

The Southern Caribbean beaches are my favorite but there are many places we have yet to explore. In trying to decide where to book our next summer cruise I started thinking about which ports have the best beaches. Magen's Bay, St. Thomas? Orient Beach, St. Maarten? Negril, Jamaica? Then it hit me, why not ask the EXPERTS? Which ports of call have the best beaches and why? And don't forget to post a pic if you have one!

No pics, but The Baths in Virgin Gorda is very beautiful and unique. If you've never been, its available as a day trip from Tortola.

Magen's Bay is a beautiful beach and it was once rated as one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world, and I agreed. Unfortunately, its been getting so crowded over the years that its lost some of its charm.

If you do go on a Southern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico, go a few days early, rent a car and drive away from San Juan. There's an amazing beach on the west coast called Wilderness Beach. Absolutely beautiful, with a stretch of beach and dramatic cliffs on the background. There are also some ruins that you can explore. Looks like a post card. You'll need to ask the locals how to get there. It's literally a hidden gem.

Here's Wilderness Beach:

PR-Aguadilla-WildernessBeach-thumb.jpg

1088429473_wilderness.jpg

ruins-at-wilderness-beach.jpg

Edited by Tapi

No pics, but The Baths in Virgin Gorda is very beautiful and unique. If you've never been, its available as a day trip from Tortola.

Magen's Bay is a beautiful beach and it was once rated as one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world, and I agreed. Unfortunately, its been getting so crowded over the years that its lost some of its charm.

If you do go on a Southern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico, go a few days early, rent a car and drive away from San Juan. There's an amazing beach on the west coast called Wilderness Beach. Absolutely beautiful, with a stretch of beach and dramatic cliffs on the background. There are also some ruins that you can explore. Looks like a post card. You'll need to ask the locals how to get there. It's literally a hidden gem.

Here's Wilderness Beach:

Oh my!! That is simply breathtaking! Good choice! Wish we would have know about that beach when we went on the Victory out of San Juan in 2010 :(.

Here's Wilderness Beach:

Beautiful pictures! We did a land vacation in Puerto Rico and didn't travel far from Isla Verde, this is enough to make me want to return. Breath taking!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I love the beach at Grand Turk! There are tons of lounge chairs provided on the beach. Want some shade, there are a lot of palm trees! Unlike Jamaica, nobody hassles you!!! I took this picture from the Carnival Breeze. There is also a huge, free swimming pool! A very clean, pristine island!

IMG_9782_zps78d8232b.jpg

The best part of cruising for me is getting to see some of the world's best beaches. The smooth soft sand, the warm sun, the soothing lull of the waves. Drink in hand, my favorite book in tow and my toes buried in the sand. That is my idea of a perfect vacation day.

The Southern Caribbean beaches are my favorite but there are many places we have yet to explore. In trying to decide where to book our next summer cruise I started thinking about which ports have the best beaches. Magen's Bay, St. Thomas? Orient Beach, St. Maarten? Negril, Jamaica? Then it hit me, why not ask the EXPERTS? Which ports of call have the best beaches and why? And don't forget to post a pic if you have one!

West bay beach in Roatan .Honduras is our favorite by far.Take a look at this video.Its in waist high water :)

I love the beach at Grand Turk! There are tons of lounge chairs provided on the beach. Want some shade, there are a lot of palm trees! Unlike Jamaica, nobody hassles you!!! I took this picture from the Carnival Breeze. There is also a huge, free swimming pool! A very clean, pristine island!

IMG_9782_zps78d8232b.jpg

I agree, Grand Turk is a great beach for relaxing. One of my favorite ports.

IMG_9782_zps78d8232b.jpg

Wow. Just wow. I am so mad that we missed this port on our last cruise. This shot is unbelievable!!

IMG_9782_zps78d8232b.jpg

Is that the wall drop off in this photo? We visit Grand Turk later this month!

*These aren't my pics..mine are at home but I was just here last week during an AI in Playa Del Carmen.

Tulum Beach, Mexico and Tulum Mayan ruins...most beautiful beach I've ever seen.

OOPS...missed the "ports of call" requirement. But in theory..you can take the ferry from Coz to Playa..and a quick cab ride south to Tulum! LOL

This beach had absolutely the softest sand I've ever felt and I've been to a few of the good ones..Magens, Grand Turk, Puerto Rico...Tulum is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen.

Antigua boasts a beach for every day of the year -- 365!

All of the ones I have seen there are lovely! Valley Church Beach is one name that sticks out in my mind.

I posted a pic of it in post #5 or 6.

It is absolutely the most beautiful beach and water that I have ever seen.

Also went to Jost Van Dyke in Tortola. I will post that one now.:D:D