Carnival Corp to introduce loyalty programme

Ray66

In a bid to increase awareness across all nine of its lines, Carnival Corporation is unleashing a marketing effort that encourages cruisers to pick the ship brand that's right for them.

The move, announced today by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald, is particularly aimed at serving the new-to-cruise traveler. Lines participating in the effort include Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (UK).

The resurrection of the World's Leading Cruise Line moniker is significant because Carnival Corp. once had a loyalty program under that name, in which travellers could keep their status (and get rewards) on whichever of the lines under the banner they were cruising on. The loyalty component, Donald mentioned in his Monday call, will be added later. "Definitely plans are in the works for a loyalty program that would cut across the nine brands. We do not have that ready yet, but it's coming down the pike."

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6072#

In a bid to increase awareness across all nine of its lines,

Are they counting P&O UK and P&O Australia as one to come up with nine or are they leaving out someone else?

The loyalty component, Donald mentioned in his Monday call, will be added later. "Definitely plans are in the works for a loyalty program that would cut across the nine brands. We do not have that ready yet, but it's coming down the pike."

It will be interesting to see how this plays out (if it plays out). The levels and perks are so different on the various lines, I wouldn't want to be in charge of how to make this work.

Hopefully those that are loyal "Cunarders" don't have anything taken away from the current Cunard benefits in the new scheme, if and when it happens.

Classiccruiser, I share your concern. With Cunard, I am Platinum, but only a two Star Mariner on Holland American and Gold on Princess. Clearly, my preferences is to sail with Cunard, and certain other ships in the CCL line. I would not appreciate any watering down of the rewards earned by any passenger that frequent a particular line in the CCL fleet - but I would welcome benefits are shared across the fleet. -S.

Do ocean suite or above passengers on Carnival get more loyalty points (or sea days) we don't cruise carnival very often, princess a few times, and P&O....

Was wondering if you get rewarded double for a suite on Carnival like royal Caribbean does...

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my Z10 using Forums mobile app

Do ocean suite or above passengers on Carnival get more loyalty points (or sea days) we don't cruise carnival very often, princess a few times, and P&O....

Was wondering if you get rewarded double for a suite on Carnival like royal Caribbean does...

Thanks in advance,

Hi bank1. I guess we'll just have to wait to see how it plays out. But I can tell you that if you book a Cunard suite, you don't have to row. :D

Hi bank1. I guess we'll just have to wait to see how it plays out. But I can tell you that if you book a Cunard suite, you don't have to row. :D

We do get a perk tho, we get hand crafted oars designed and made by ancient Polynesians, regular cabins get machine made plastic oars....:eek:

We do get a perk tho, we get hand crafted oars designed and made by ancient Polynesians, regular cabins get machine made plastic oars....:eek:

Crikey, I didn't know that...we spend 3 months carving our oars from oak!

In a bid to increase awareness across all nine of its lines, Carnival Corporation is unleashing a marketing effort that encourages cruisers to pick the ship brand that's right for them.

The move, announced today by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald, is particularly aimed at serving the new-to-cruise traveler. Lines participating in the effort include Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (UK).

The resurrection of the World's Leading Cruise Line moniker is significant because Carnival Corp. once had a loyalty program under that name, in which travellers could keep their status (and get rewards) on whichever of the lines under the banner they were cruising on. The loyalty component, Donald mentioned in his Monday call, will be added later. "Definitely plans are in the works for a loyalty program that would cut across the nine brands. We do not have that ready yet, but it's coming down the pike."

Hey Ray, thanks for the heads up.

Here's another aspect of the new Carnival Corp marketing scheme:

"...CRUISE-A-NALITY: One aspect of WorldsLeadingCruiseLines.com allows vacationers to find their "CRUISE-A-NALITY," which is an interactive tool to help consumers find their individual cruise persona -- type of cruiser based on likes and dislikes -- from a total of 30 personas. After answering six simple questions, the CRUISE-A-NALITY tool provides consumers with their persona, cruise brand recommendations and links to find more information to begin planning their vacation – with a reminder to contact their travel agent for additional guidance on which cruise is right for them. Once visitors know their CRUISE-A-NALITY, they are encouraged to call their travel agent as well as share their results through their Facebook and Twitter social media channels..."

copied from http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/FL68766.htm

Cruise-a-nality? Wow. :eek:

Edited by Salacia

I really hope this doesn't get too big, or important. I'm all for a bit of free internet time, but loyalty programmes can get very annoying.

DW and I split most of our cruises between Cunard and Celebrity. Over on the Celebrity part of the forum there's constant discusssion about Elite and Elite+ and Zenith, blah, blah. The green eyed monster is ever present when someone paying top dollar for a fancy suite is getting a perk that a frequent cruiser in the bowels of the ship doesn't. Some sad acts even select their cruises with a focus to moving up the scale. When they changed the categories you'd think that the world was coming to an end. All for a couple of glasses of cheap fizz with some canapes before dinner and somewhere different to have breakfast. Move out of my way, I have early boarding privileges.

It's so refreshing to spend time on the Cuard forum, where the only persistent threads are about dress code and that QE/QV are mere cruise ships barely worthy of the Cunard name.

Not sure I'm looking forward to this. The number of Princess passengers who rise to elite guest levels on the basis of 3 and 4 day itineraries probably would overwhelm a Cunard officers' cocktail party. And would my Internet time be at risk?

Just to mention that for the past few years, there have been many 3 and 4 day cruises offered by Cunard on several European itineraries. Meet the new definition of a loyal passenger: Zirconia is the new Diamond. -S.

Will be interesting to see how this works out - we are only GOLD with Cunard after 4 cruises - but was recently VERY surprised to find that, for our very first Princess cruise, we walked onto the ship as ELITE passengers ( with the Black card - the free laundry, Internet usage, free minibar, etc (as a result of our large number of points with P&O UK and P&O Aus)

And here is the new website for the "World's Leading Cruise Line", unveiled just hours ago. Who dreamed this up? http://www.carnivalmarketingchallenge.com/

Edited by Salacia

check this out: http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/#cunard

"Cunard Line

Enjoy an unparalleled experience sailing aboard the three Queens where you will find luxury on a grand scale. This cruise line is known for timeless traditions and signature White Star Service. Be part of a storied legacy that will last forever. "

What are the people who write this stuff smoking????

If that's the message they want to convey, it can't be too bad that the new North American president also heads up Seabourn, can it?

Underwatr, I don't know. Seems to me that the marketing people have run amuck. And oddly enough, the marketing people are at the helm.

Their experience of sailing? Working on a ship? To become a captain of a ship so much experience of being at sea is required, but to be on the board of a cruise line - and run the cruise line, there is no requirement to spent time at sea - or even set foot on a cruise ship.

So yes, that the new NA Cunard President is also the NA President of Seabourn can't hurt, as you suggested.

Question is, can it help?

Edited by Salacia

I'm intrigued by this development. I hold Gold with Cunard and after next month's cruise, I will be Platinum with Princess.

It would be great if the highest rank was applied across the board. I'm sure that won't happen though.

I should reach Plantinum with Cunard in 2016 in any case. Not bad for a 30 yo.

Unicorns and robots? Really? I wouldn't mind winning a cruise a year, however.:D

Yes, a free cruise every year would be sweet. So I read the terms and conditions of the 'contest'.

Odd and kind of funny, especially this :

"...Canadian Residents: If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, in order to be awarded a prize, he/she must first correctly answer unaided a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by telephone at a predetermined mutually agreeable time. In the event that he/she is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, potential winner forfeits the prize and the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another potential winner, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility to such potential winner in this regard..." http://www.carnivalmarketingchallenge.com/legal

-S.

Yes, a free cruise every year would be sweet. So I read the terms and conditions of the 'contest'.

Odd and kind of funny, especially this :

"...Canadian Residents: If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, in order to be awarded a prize, he/she must first correctly answer unaided a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by telephone at a predetermined mutually agreeable time. In the event that he/she is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, potential winner forfeits the prize and the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another potential winner, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility to such potential winner in this regard..." http://www.carnivalmarketingchallenge.com/legal

-S.

How does it go "you don't have to be crazy to work here"

David

Does Canada have laws against games of chance, perhaps? No gambling? A question like this would take the contest into a skill-based one. I wonder how difficult the mathematical question is. I suspect it would be at a 12-year-old standard or something like that.