Birth certificate and ID

nremtb90

I know on a closed loop cruise from a US port we can board using birth certificate and ID. But what about getting off the ship at ports? Do we need to take them off the ship at each port? Or will our S&S card be sufficient?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know on a closed loop cruise from a US port we can board using birth certificate and ID. But what about getting off the ship at ports? Do we need to take them off the ship at each port? Or will our S&S card be sufficient?

sign and sail card is all that is needed to get off the ship. you may need a photo id to get back onto the pier at some ports

Keep in mind that some Caribbean Ports do now require that cruise ship passengers not only have their cruise card...but also some kind of official picture ID..such as a drivers license.

If your cruise stops at such a port (St Thomas is often in this category) you will usually be told onboard through your daily printed schedule as well as part of an announcement usually made by the cruise director.

Hank

The most recent ports I have visited, St Tom and Nassau I needed my driver's license with my sail card but Antigua and Tortola I just showed my sail card. Check the cruise line's newsletter to see what the latest requirements are in each port.

Every port we have needed our ship's ID as well as a government issued photo ID to get into the port area. You only need the ship's ID for boarding the ship but you must have your drivers license or similar to get to the ship.

Every port we have needed our ship's ID as well as a government issued photo ID to get into the port area. You only need the ship's ID for boarding the ship but you must have your drivers license or similar to get to the ship.

In all of our cruising, both international and domestic, the only time we had to show an ID in addition to our ship card was in FL at Key West.

I always have our photo id with me in case, but that was the only time we needed it.

Archived