southwest

ranchette

tried to book a flight this morning that I saw yesterday and it is sold out. Is this possible?

Yes, it's possible that flights sell out. But also, do you really mean "sell out" or just "the lowest Wanna Get Away fare is unavailable"? Meaning - you know how there are three columns of fares to choose from on Southwest...are all three unavailable, or just the far right one?

It would help to let us know when and where you are going, and specifically what flight you are looking at.

Yes, it's possible that flights sell out. But also, do you really mean "sell out" or just "the lowest Wanna Get Away fare is unavailable"? Meaning - you know how there are three columns of fares to choose from on Southwest...are all three unavailable, or just the far right one?

It would help to let us know when and where you are going, and specifically what flight you are looking at.

I was looking at a flight from FLL to Isp on Feb. 16 there was a senior rate which is not available anymore all sold out I called SW and they confirmed it wasn't available anymore. I booked Jet blue which was $150 cheaper anyway.

I was looking at a flight from FLL to Isp on Feb. 16 there was a senior rate which is not available anymore all sold out I called SW and they confirmed it wasn't available anymore. I booked Jet blue which was $150 cheaper anyway.

Glad it worked out for you. In the future (general statement to everyone), do include the route and date and we can try to help more specifically. I didn't even know Southwest had a senior fare, though. Pretty cool.

Southwest is almost always pleasant to call on the phone, so I would always recommend that path with any questions like this if you need to know immediately.

Booked my Feb. 20 flights yesterday. Went back 20 minutes later to add early bird to 2 of the four persons and one flight was gone and the one I booked was 44.00 more. Glad I didn't wait. Air was only 282.70 RT Flint MI to FT Lauderdale FL. Excellent times and with no bag fees that's makes a good deal in my book. Good luck everyone!:D:D

Booked my Feb. 20 flights yesterday. Went back 20 minutes later to add early bird to 2 of the four persons and one flight was gone and the one I booked was 44.00 more. Glad I didn't wait. Air was only 282.70 RT Flint MI to FT Lauderdale FL. Excellent times and with no bag fees that's makes a good deal in my book. Good luck everyone!:D:D

It might have just been that you purchased the last fare at that rate, so it went up immediately after you clicked purchase. In that case, if the fare had not been booked by you or anybody else within the next 40 (or 80 or 800) minutes, it would still be that lower fare.

Yesterday morning I checked when I woke up and the new dates were not available. Went popped in a couple pieces of bread in the toaster walked back to the computer and they were available but several options for the route we were looking at came up with "Want to get Away" unavailable. Looks like there were no getaway rates in the bucket at turn up unless there are multiple servers and we weren’t hitting one that had the new dates.

While we were looking at our return route my darling wife who has been a corporate TA or airline employee for over 30 years was doing the booking while I had the route pulled up on my phone. She kept saying return was 233 dollars I kept saying no its 200 she had it pulled up as two passengers I had it pulled up as one. Word of advice never tell someone that books up to 25 Southwest flights a day they are wrong especially if you are married to that person. All this occurred within 5 minutes of the routes being available to us. So there must of been one ticket left at the 200 dollar fare. That is how quickly it changes when inputs are done at the speed of light.

I was booking one way flights for DH and I yesterday morning on SWA for Jan. 30, ATL to FLL. When I input every last bit of information including Trusted Traveler numbers, applied funds from DH's flight cancellation last month, and credit card info., I clicked PURCHASE. That's when the internet went out (darn Comcast). It stayed out for a little bit and I was worried when it came back on, I would click PURCHASE again and buy two sets of tickets!

So I called 1-800-I-FLY-SWA and they found the purchase hadn't gone through, then went through and booked the flights for me. I was very appreciative that all went well at this point. We got the flights, the applied funds, everything just the way we wanted it. Good job, SWA!:)

On Aug. 25 SWA will open the schedule for sale through April 6. We still have travel funds left so will be checking out one way flights from LAX to ATL in March 2015.

This past week I noticed one of my many Southwest bookings would not come up in my account. Did some additional digging and found out that Southwest did away with one of my flights, and that never happens with WN.

Long story short -- they moved us to a later non-stop flight at a price way less than the original, and of course all that money went into my account for a future purchase. $66 credited back to my VISA and $388 future funds to be used in the next 12 months. Got to keep my Early Bird as well.

United still wants $558.70 for the same itinerary (non-stop to IAH R/T) p/p and it cost $388.70 with WN (non-stop to HOU R/T) p/p.

Still LUV Southwest and Alaska Airlines!!

Kel:D

Edited by kelmac