Infinity - Bloody Mary's and Beer Questions

Pamster

Hi all,

A few questions. We are sailing on the Infinity in Concierge Class in October. Have only sailed on Celebrity once, since it seldom sails out of Los Angeles, so this is almost like a new cruiseline to us. Because part of the rest and relaxation of a cruise for me is partaking of a few libations, I have a couple of questions regarding things to improve our cruise experience.

I enjoy a Bloody Mary in the morning, but I prefer making my own because I usually don't like the ship's mix. I bring my own mix and get vodka on board. Most lines have an option for purchasing a bottle of vodka for the cabin. Does Celebrity have that option? How to arrange that?

Is there a bar on the Infinity that is open during the day, that has comfortable seating and is good for hanging out and reading a book, and drinking a few? What time does it open?

Does the Martini Bar serve drinks other than martini's? What is a good bar for pre-dinner drinks?

Am really looking forward to sailing on the Infinity. Pictures look beautiful. Anticipation, learning the layout of the ship, etc. is half the fun, I think.

Hi all,

A few questions. We are sailing on the Infinity in Concierge Class in October. Have only sailed on Celebrity once, since it seldom sails out of Los Angeles, so this is almost like a new cruiseline to us. Because part of the rest and relaxation of a cruise for me is partaking of a few libations, I have a couple of questions regarding things to improve our cruise experience.

I enjoy a Bloody Mary in the morning, but I prefer making my own because I usually don't like the ship's mix. I bring my own mix and get vodka on board. Most lines have an option for purchasing a bottle of vodka for the cabin. Does Celebrity have that option? How to arrange that?

Is there a bar on the Infinity that is open during the day, that has comfortable seating and is good for hanging out and reading a book, and drinking a few? What time does it open?

Does the Martini Bar serve drinks other than martini's? What is a good bar for pre-dinner drinks?

Am really looking forward to sailing on the Infinity. Pictures look beautiful. Anticipation, learning the layout of the ship, etc. is half the fun, I think.

I can tell you that you can purchase a liquor package online prior to your sailing and the bottle will be delivered to your cabin with some sodas I think the price ranges from $80 to $100 depending on the brand you want.

Have you looked for this (in room liquor set up) on the "new improved" website? It used to be listed in Gifts By Celebrity but I can't find it anymore. I can't figure out if they have discontinued it or just haven't got it on the website yet.

Celebrity cruisers only drink the finest Champagne, Oops Sparkling Wine, in their staterooms.

LOL - you do say!! In that case, I may just need to rethink this Celebrity booking entirely.

Do you have a bev package? If so, you can get a shot or double shot of vodka(brand depending on package) and make your bloody mary.

We do, but is there a bar open early in the morning to get that?

Have you looked for this (in room liquor set up) on the "new improved" website? It used to be listed in Gifts By Celebrity but I can't find it anymore. I can't figure out if they have discontinued it or just haven't got it on the website yet.

Thank you - I did find "Gifts by Celebrity" in the menu on the left hand side. It's under Classic Bar Set Up. Took a bit of searching to figure that out. I was thinking little 1 ounce bottles when I saw the name - but then you choose which liquor you want. Just needed pointed in the right direction. Thanks again.

We do, but is there a bar open early in the morning to get that?

Just go to any bar before you call it a night and get a double shot of premium vodka without ice and put it in your mini-fridge.

I have found that Christiana (from Norway) is a very smooth vodka. It is much better than Grey Goose or Ketel One. I know it is available at the Martini Bar.

Yes, you can get almost any drink you want at the Martini Bar.

Do try the World Class Bar as a cocktail bar. Best drink, in my opinion, is the Zacapa Old Fashioned. Instead of using bourbon, an aged (23 years) rum is used.

Just go to any bar before you call it a night and get a double shot of premium vodka without ice and put it in your mini-fridge.

I have found that Christiana (from Norway) is a very smooth vodka. It is much better than Grey Goose or Ketel One. I know it is available at the Martini Bar.

Yes, you can get almost any drink you want at the Martini Bar.

Do try the World Class Bar as a cocktail bar. Best drink, in my opinion, is the Zacapa Old Fashioned. Instead of using bourbon, an aged (23 years) rum is used.

OMG - that sounds decadent!!! Don't think they have a "World Class Bar" on the Infinity - by the looks of their website, though.

What time do bars, like the Oceanview or Pool bars open in the morning?

Thanks

The World Class Bars took the place of Molecular Bars. I am quite sure the Infinity has one.

Pool bars are open at 8 or 9.

The Oceanview bar (inside of the buffet) is open at 7. I often start with a double expresso latte with a shot of Bailey's in it. They also do a great Bloody Mary or Caesar.

Infinity is M class and the molecular bars were on S class.

Many people don't realize that the cafe al Bacio serves liquor too, so as soon as it opens for morning coffee service, you can get vodka there too, although the range of brands not be as extensive as elsewhere.

Infinity is M class and the molecular bars were on S class.

Many people don't realize that the cafe al Bacio serves liquor too, so as soon as it opens for morning coffee service, you can get vodka there too, although the range of brands not be as extensive as elsewhere.

Was just wondering about the Cafe al Bacio. On our previous cruise on the Century that (or the equivalent) was where I got my morning Bloody Mary. So that's good to know. Do they also have beer there? Or just a selection of liquor?

Thanks,

All bars pretty much carry everything, from beer to booze and wine.

Oh cool. I wasn't sure that the Cafe was a real bar. I know that the coffee bars on NCL and Princess have some liqueurs for coffee drinks, but don't have a full bar or booze. This is sounding better and better. :D <-- if I had a smilie for a beer mug, I'd insert it here.

Milkshakes - hubby is on the search for milkshakes. Do they have those anywhere on board?

Thanks,

Pam