Beverage Package Pricing Increase

Hi all,

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

The following changes will be:

• Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

Hi all,

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

•  
  • Soda Package$8.00--> $9.00

• Premium Water Package$14.00 --> $16.00

• Classic N/A Beverage Package$16.00 --> $18.00

• Premium N/A Beverage Package$20.00 --> $22.00

• Classic Beverage Package$49.00 --> $55.00

• Premium Beverage Package$59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

How does this affect upgrading a perk (Classic to Premium) if you wait to do so on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

How does this affect upgrading a perk (Classic to Premium) if you wait to do so on the ship?

I'd like to know how it affects upgrading a perk, period. Will the upgrade price between the Classic and Premium package be affected? I'd like to update the information in my beverage package thread.

Thank you to the Celebrity rep for letting us know.

Edited by ailetoile

Even I as a Celebrity lover have to hate the timing. TA's all coming up with no drinks packages already on them being excluded from the 123's and the like.

ouch. Just.... ouch. :mad:

Even I as a Celebrity lover have to hate the timing. TA's all coming up with no drinks packages already on them being excluded from the 123's and the like.

ouch. Just.... ouch. :mad:

I was about to ask the "Celebrity official voice" if this was another April Fools thread. Like you mention, the timing couldn't be worse and seems suspect to release today.

I was about to ask the "Celebrity official voice" if this was another April Fools thread. Like you mention, the timing couldn't be worse and seems suspect to release today.

I'm on Connie on the 9th to Rome, so the 1st cruise that new pricing would affect on that ship.

Perhaps I'll grab a drink and a seat near guest services and watch the fun...

I'm on Connie on the 9th to Rome, so the 1st cruise that new pricing would affect on that ship.

Perhaps I'll grab a drink and a seat near guest services and watch the fun...

You'll probably want some popcorn, too, Curt. Popcorn is always a must when you're watching entertainment of that caliber. :D

Sorry, not a joke. Wanted to get this information out as fast as we received it.

If you upgrade pre-cruise before April 20th, you’ll only be paying the current difference to upgrade to Premium ($10 per day + 18% gratuity).

If you upgrade pre-cruise as of April 20th or onboard as of April 6th, then you’ll be paying the new upgrade rate to Premium ($16 per day + 18% gratuity).

Edited by Celebrity Cruises

If you upgrade pre-cruise before April 20th, you’ll only be paying the current difference to upgrade to Premium ($10 per day + 18% gratuity).

If you upgrade pre-cruise as of April 20th or onboard as of April 6th, then you’ll be paying the new upgrade rate to Premium ($16 per day + 18% gratuity).

Wouldn't the new difference between the two packages still be $10 per day + 18% gratuity? Or are you saying that the Classic Package perk will be considered at its old price when upgrading instead of its new price?

Thank you.

Edited by ailetoile

This is horrible for Canadians, Aussies, Brits. We bought OBC at the going rate to cover on board costs such as upgrading the drink package. If we phone in the upgrade there is a 20% difference in just the exchange rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about the upgrade for people with the 123Go promotion that has the beverage package for free? would it still be 10$ + 18% to upgrade on board?

That was my question above that has already been answered. See post #14.

Edited by vulcan1971

That was my question above that has already been answered. See post #14.

Not really. I did not think you could upgrade perks online, that you had to wait on board to do so.

Hi all,

• Soda Package$8.00--> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package$14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package$16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package$20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package$49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package$59.00 --> $65.00

Will the price limit onboard be increasing?

Over the past year MANY wines that were free with the premium package now have a surcharge. It would be nice if Celebrity at least increased the wine limit on the premium package. That has been the case with the classic package for about a year now.

I don't know how you can do this, the difference between the classic and the premium is still $10. The perk is for the classic package, not $49 towards a package

Wow, 60% increase in upgrade charge to go from Classic to Premium. Surely that cannot be correct, especially if the cost difference between the two is $10 per day, the same as the previous difference between the two.

Hi all,

• Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

How does the upgrade go to $16. 59-49 = 10 as does 65 - 55 = 10?