Beverage Package Pricing Increase

It is still not answered definitively by Celebrity for those on "perk classic included" , exactly what an upgrade to Premium will cost.. . If by getting the free Classic, it is deemed to have cost $49 and the new cost for Premium is $65, then we will all have to pay $16 per day to upgrade. If however, by virtue of getting it as a perk, for those sailing after the increase date, it is deemed as a freebie without a specified value, then we should be able to upgrade at $10 per day (have left off the 18% all around to simplify things. It is fine saying that folks can upgrade prior to increase date for $10 but most cruisers do not have the benefit of reading about these things as we do on CC, so those will be in for a shock if they board and then upgrade and find out it costs $16 and not $10 as expected. April 5 is just around the corner, I do not see us getting confirmation either way (as to if its $10 or $16) by that date. My TA will be closed until after 5th anyway due to Easter so there is no way that I could upgrade prior to 5th if I wanted to.

are they not open today as it's not a holiday so you could upgrade today surely?!

My experience is that if you book via TA, Celebrity will refuse to deal directly with you for any matters including upgrades.

I've just done exactly that! 5 mins on the phone & now upgraded... [emoji483][emoji41]

My experience is that if you book via TA, Celebrity will refuse to deal directly with you for any matters including upgrades.

Just seen your in oz... Guess the time difference does affect things! [emoji33]

Also different rules of engagement. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to call direct!

Hi,

We probably booked with the same travel group, maybe starting with C-----. I had the same question for them today. The reason the zeros are there is because there is no charge to either passenger for the Spring Beverage. If there was a charge, it would all flow to the bottom line, which you would be responsible to pay, as for your Protection Plan and Gratuities.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, it helps! I booked on board and have not transferred my reservation yet. I am not sure I will as we are in an OV, and not sure it would amount to much.

I agree. The perk is the package, not package value. The upgrade should be the difference in the packages. Otherwise, someone purchasing a package pre cruise on May 1st would pay the new charge, then have to pay an additional $16 on board to upgrade? That doesn't make sense. How are the bartenders suppose to know what the "value" of your package was when you booked? I have a 2017 booking, how would a bartender know when I booked it to charge me the additional $6.00?

Its not the time difference, I booked TA and Celebrity wont deal direct with me, I have to get TA to make any amendments including upgrades

Its not the time difference, I booked TA and Celebrity wont deal direct with me, I have to get TA to make any amendments including upgrades

It's amazing sometimes how hard it is to give some company's extra money... [emoji33]

Hope you find away to sort it out! [emoji4]

I booked through a TA and called Celebrity to upgrade without any issues...:confused:

This is a cruise planner item, which is different than the cruise reservation. Even having a TA, you can book speciality restaurants and excursions without having to use TA.

If you upgrade pre-cruise before April 20th, you’ll only be paying the current difference to upgrade to Premium ($10 per day + 18% gratuity).

If you upgrade pre-cruise as of April 20th or onboard as of April 6th, then you’ll be paying the new upgrade rate to Premium ($16 per day + 18% gratuity).

I will be on the Silhouette on April 12.... And I have the classic drink package

What I'm hoping you can answer for me, Celebrity, is the cost of the drinks, eg. A Mojito. Will this drink still be covered on the Classic Drink Package. Could you give me a list of the basic drinks that are covered under the Classic Package.

Thanks

One issue I have not seen addressed is that to upgrade pre cruise all passengers in a cabin must upgrade. If you upgrade on board you can do it for only those who want it and you can do it at any time.

I did not realize this. Thank you for sharing.

One issue I have not seen addressed is that to upgrade pre cruise all passengers in a cabin must upgrade. If you upgrade on board you can do it for only those who want it and you can do it at any time.

Sorry but no they do not, not on Celebrity

This is just another poorly executed executive decision. What happens when they roll out another free beverage promo after the cut off date? Now those who booked a cruise 8 months out will get credit for the increased price of the classic beverage package and will be able to upgrade for $10 plus gratuity. So those who booked 18 to 24 months out get screwed. I don't think this will happen. I was going to call and upgrade my package but after reading this thread I decided to wait until the dust settles. My cruise isn't until May 2016. This may be a ploy to get people to upgrade before they board. If they decide to not offer a drink package promo they better get ready to lower the price because from the comments that I have been reading on CC about price, they may struggle to fill ships.

On Monday I called Celebrity and upgraded only my Classic package to Premium without any trouble...my daughter did not upgrade her Classic Package. I also booked through a travel agent and upgrading was not an issue.

Husband just phoned Celebrity UK who claim to know nothing about this increase. He also enquired about upgrading from our classic package, which was included, to premium and use our onboard credit to cover difference and was told they can't do that. A bit miffed if they are doing this and Uk office have no knowledge.

This makes perfect sense. I think folks may be jumping to conclusions based on incomplete information.

I think that makes sense too. How will the bartenders know who to charge $10 and who to charge $16? But no one is jumping to conclusions. We're going by what the Celebrity official specifically said in post 14.

Husband just phoned Celebrity UK who claim to know nothing about this increase. He also enquired about upgrading from our classic package, which was included, to premium and use our onboard credit to cover difference and was told they can't do that. A bit miffed if they are doing this and Uk office have no knowledge.

You can only use OBC on board (hence its name!). Hopefully you can still do the transaction on board at the original difference price.

Celebrity are awful at keeping "branch offices" up to date so don't be too hard on the UK office - though yes, be hard on Miami

Edited by uktog

My question is how were guests supposed to find out about this increase?

Great you are giving people a very short window to upgrade, but only those with access to forum like this one.

Exactly! I haven't gotten an email about the increase in price. I would never have known if I hadn't read it here. I never got an email about the increase in gratuities either. Did anyone else?

I have also just phoned and upgraded. The agent I spoke to didn't know anything about this either. I know it leaves me with €350 on board credit that I was going to use to do this when I boarded but I don't think that will be too difficult to spend even if it has to drive me into the Michael Korrs shop!!!!

I do think when their legal team have a good look at this for the UK they may well have to rethink the sharp practice they are trying but not willing to pay almost double what is on offer until the 6 th.

I am currently on-board the Equinox. I asked the F&B manager about this and he knew nothing. He said that Celebrity had been thinking about raising the prices but nothing was official yet.

Maybe it was an APRIL FOOLS !!!

"Celebrity Cruises" please respond and let us know.

Also what the price cap increase will be for the Classic and Premium packages.

Thank You.

I am currently on-board the Equinox. I asked the F&B manager about this and he knew nothing. He said that Celebrity had been thinking about raising the prices but nothing was official yet.

Maybe it was an APRIL FOOLS !!!

"Celebrity Cruises" please respond and let us know.

Also what the price cap increase will be for the Classic and Premium packages.

Thank You.

Why would there be a price cap increase for either package?

That would negate their increase by giving people more value for their money.

:eek: