Renaissance Hotel (FLL cruise port) - NEWS!

Pia1913

Renaissance on 17th St. is now offering what they call "microstays". They are selling rooms in four hour increments for people who disembark cruise ships early in the AM and don't have flights until later in the day. Sample pricing is $55 for 4 hours; $95 for 8 hours.

Renaissance on 17th St. is now offering what they call "microstays". They are selling rooms in four hour increments for people who disembark cruise ships early in the AM and don't have flights until later in the day. Sample pricing is $55 for 4 hours; $95 for 8 hours.

Thanks, great news

Hmmm. I've heard before of hotels renting "rooms by the hour", but I think they were referring to a different business model than what the Renaissance is doing. :rolleyes:

Quite different. ;) The newspaper article even alluded to the difference. :)

As pointed out on another board, those now hoping to get into their room early will be out of luck if the mini stays get priority. Rooms will need to be recleaned so 4:00 check in will mean 4:00, or later. Would be nice if the hotel limited those short stays.

As pointed out on another board, those now hoping to get into their room early will be out of luck if the mini stays get priority. Rooms will need to be recleaned so 4:00 check in will mean 4:00, or later. Would be nice if the hotel limited those short stays.

We have reservations to stay there in May. Now I am wondering if I should change to a different hotel as I was hoping for early checkin at about 3pm. I can see people having to wait later than 4.

We have reservations to stay there in May. Now I am wondering if I should change to a different hotel as I was hoping for early checkin at about 3pm. I can see people having to wait later than 4.

3:00 PM is not considered early and if you listen to doom and gloom you'll just cut off your nose to spite your face. Keep your res. The whole world is not looking to book day rooms.

3:00 PM is not considered early and if you listen to doom and gloom you'll just cut off your nose to spite your face. Keep your res. The whole world is not looking to book day rooms.

Not to mention, May isn't exactly high season for cruises in FLL either.

I called them today and they said they are not taking reservations for day rooms but to ask when you check in before your cruise. If it is possible they will let you know at that point.

Renaissance FLL sells day rooms via the website linked below. You can check availability now for the date you're looking to stay.

https://www.hotelsbyday.com/

Thinking about it overnight and decided to keep our ressies after all and hope for the best.