Coffee Makers on Suites

jamesnnb

We've talked to passengers recently off the Sapphire in the Asian area and they were in MiniSuites and Suites and they said they had coffee makers/water kettles for hot tea in their cabins. They told us there is talk of doing this in all the suites/mini-suites in the full fleet. Can anyone tell us if they know when this might come about?

We did not have a coffee maker in a Princess suite as recently as last Christmas. However, it is hardly necessary as all you need to do is phone room service and order your coffee and it will appear very quickly. Every morning we order coffee / tea as soon as we wake up and it arrives very quickly. Much easier than making it yourself.

We have had coffee machines in both suites and mini-suites on P&O ships and had a selection of coffees, but that was a few years ago.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

We've talked to passengers recently off the Sapphire in the Asian area and they were in MiniSuites and Suites and they said they had coffee makers/water kettles for hot tea in their cabins. They told us there is talk of doing this in all the suites/mini-suites in the full fleet. Can anyone tell us if they know when this might come about?

RCCL puts these "approved" kettles in every cabin on the ships they keep in the Asian market.

You need a water kettle to make a decent cup of tea - the hot water that room service brings is inadequate - it really needs to be freshly boiling as it is poured on to the tea.

This may be the reason for kettles appearing in an Asian based ship, the Sapphire, (and how I wish she was back this side of the pond!!), since tea is a very popular beverage there rather than coffee. Ditto in the UK.

Edited by jollyjones

You need a water kettle to make a decent cup of tea - the hot water that room service brings is inadequate - it really needs to be freshly boiling as it is poured on to the tea.

This may be the reason for kettles appearing in an Asian based ship, the Sapphire, (and how I wish she was back this side of the pond!!), since tea is a very popular beverage there rather than coffee. Ditto in the UK.

It's strange that Princess provides these for that market & doesn't at least have them available for the US and UK cruises for those that might even request them. Could it be that the potential loss of business night have influenced their decision?:rolleyes: It world be a great convenience not having to pack the bulky thing in a suitcase.

There was no coffee maker in our suite on the Ocean Princess in July. But we had breakfast in Sabatini's most mornings (a full suite perk), and fresh brewed coffee, and espresso drinks were free.

Much better than a kettle with instant coffe or tea bags. And the breakfast choices and service are outstanding.

Sure they are. As long as they have an auto shutoff.

The last two safety announcements I listed to

said that coffee pots, and kettles were not allowed.

But, thermostatically controlled kettles were allowed.

I have no idea how adding coffee makes it more dangerous.

The last two safety announcements I listed to

said that coffee pots, and kettles were not allowed.

But, thermostatically controlled kettles were allowed.

I have no idea how adding coffee makes it more dangerous.

I have heard that coffee pots, kettles and other devices that are not thermostatically controlled are not allowed. So I take it to mean that a coffee pot with an auto shutoff is ok. We bring a Bodum that makes two good sized cups of hot water and use instant coffee. It's not as good as the cappuccino in Sabatini's, but I can drink it in my bathrobe while my hair still looks like birds nested in it.:D