Apple products on the Solstice

aeegee

Anyone now what version iPads are being sold on the ship?

I bought an iPad Pro 2 10.5-Inch (Wi-Fi Only) when I was on Infinity in May. It was same price as the Apple store online, but was able to use $300 in OBC towards the purchase, so at least it gave me the illusion that I got it at a good price

ipad-pro-10in-wifi-select-spacegray-201706?wid=470&hei=556&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=95&.v=1495839301743

Edited by johhnnyt

Great! Sounds like a deal to me since you didn't pay tax and Apple prices are pretty well fixed everywhere. I was planning on using my OBC too. They are usually a little behind on the versions they have on the ship, especially since the new IOS 11 will be hitting soon. Decisions, decisions!

Great! Sounds like a deal to me since you didn't pay tax and Apple prices are pretty well fixed everywhere. I was planning on using my OBC too. They are usually a little behind on the versions they have on the ship, especially since the new IOS 11 will be hitting soon. Decisions, decisions!

We also used OBC for our ipad - it makes a great memento for your trip:)

Their selection is not great. The didn't have the larger iPad Pro or the ones with more memory when I was looking to spend an excess of nonrefundable OBC. Can't remember if they had ones with a data plan or not, wasn't really looking for that as I have a data plan on my iPhone. I did buy one which was an upgrade from the one I already had, but don't count on getting the latest and greatest. I would also recommend going very early in your cruise for the best selection from their limited stock.

Depending on what you want, Best Buy is often the place to buy Apple products anyway. They are often discounted. I bought a 32Gb iPad Pro 12.9" as a reward to myself for one year of quitting smoking and I got $100 off at the time. When you consider 7% tax, I still saved about $40 over what it would have cost me on a ship (if it was even available!).

That said, I need to update my iPad Mini as I still have a 1st gen. The end of my cruise will mark 28 months smoke free, so I'll at least look at what's on offer (that plus $300 OBC).

From our experience the stock is very limited. They don't have the color selection or capacity options like you would find at BB. Many times they don't have any at all.

It doesn't hurt to wait if you don't want one immediately.

They are a reseller like BB and not a true Apple Store

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

They had Apple device classes during our cruise and we went to one noticing there was only one other person in the room. Then they told us it would be $10 per person, we left. I think they ran the class with just one person.