After looking at the dining room pictures on the Equinox, are there any small tables

Ktravels

Just my husband and I are sailing on the Equinox Aug 20, we usually sail with a group of people and are looking forward to just being the 2 of us for a change. I requested a small table, but after looking at the pictures of the dining I do not see any pictures of tables for 2.

Are there any smaller tables in the dining room smaller than 6 people?

Thanks

Just my husband and I are sailing on the Equinox Aug 20, we usually sail with a group of people and are looking forward to just being the 2 of us for a change. I requested a small table, but after looking at the pictures of the dining I do not see any pictures of tables for 2.

Thanks

I assume you are fixed dining....If so go to the MDR on boarding and look where your table is and how many it is for. There are quite a few tables for two but not all are in the best places and the gaps between are not big. If your table isn't what you want join the queue at the door to speak to the M'D. Even if he can't sort you first night he will do his best by second....

If you are select dining there are quite a lot of tables for two but they are quite close. You may need to wait a little longer for a two rather than a shared table..

Hope you have a great cruise!

Best outcome is if they give you a table for four but only seat the two of you. Also, I highly recommend the tables "along the glass" near the back of the DR. Low traffic, and private. We always ask for that as first choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there any way to send a table request in advance of the cruise as is possible on RCI? We have had very good success with that website and always have gotten the type of table we request. We do NOT like sitting with strangers and always ask for a table for two.

Best outcome is if they give you a table for four but only seat the two of you. Also, I highly recommend the tables "along the glass" near the back of the DR. Low traffic, and private. We always ask for that as first choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had Select Dining on our last cruise on Equinox and asked to be seated in the "private" section which is in the rear of the dining room. We enjoyed the relative quiet and tables for two. It reminded us of Blu both in terms of size and atmosphere. There are many tables for two in that area.

We were treated very well by Reymond and his assistant. Interestingly enough, Reymond had been our waiter in Blu on Reflection last September. He remembered us and my DH's preference for Arnold Palmer's as well as dark rolls. We were so happy to be seated in his section of the MDR that we asked to be seated there each night.

Augy3yFaqsQDQqflztwmjnCU1CtJT3wMqz0-pFOUo3r1-dETQ4Lzg9CMSOTree5qfxDxHFeAj2kzIlZ5Af9Z4mGBjM0g5dP6U6A7NOaEc8FhZdJKxu2hFINoWF274qcl9La7lsGbIMfb0mVKzAdOIDcTTNetrObmop4Ow7RDNtJhp-XfS000G5DCuzYmEZzExGlMzFMYxpJ7NVQh4ka4bB_PDDFyZ_oMKyVcpmjGlcH21uxVXiwDDuVkmfPkANW-jEG4_KFPr8039fvDWPEdNnUMrFadCLhDrKP5kIRZxPejRL0E56MpvMpyHUcXDZQhOcz_w6zxs73296lsNZ4_TZKoBWqJ-91iqYgqd3QYzAyXlB2GDN9EqYJfedEakuZkcxPrMrQTH7YHTpj0mbKYdvZ_hSD2OTcqUm26EHlGKvknE-OoTB9YZCtAt7v9OBGrvgvEkuKqPGmnezz51ou1JDYftySkkMFgbeo69_OW3B-NB0n8LPNPvyugGLed8GnZPmhZEplc2GZZqTlfDFLbhsBa2oK7A459QxDKaaVc-e4GO-yVRo1Ef7leGZzQZrI-0ZOtEBe-nGDu4SaWCKGup1h1BMjW53LtrNHDLOYzjAS51mezI2bzl0w52k-ZtVe5rbxCxWRPHn7uADI7FoApyhLbWj3IkA_EIda7BRVCKAqzug=w401-h301-no

Thanks

While on Equinox in April, we asked for a table for two at both breakfast and dinner. Here's a preview of what you can expect to see in the MDR on the sides where there were many tables for two. We very much enjoyed them.

Enjoy your cruise!

uThTzfUXCc4UJ-Jdxj12LSVs_Ga4gOkVfhCE0MAnZ64VgAxy76HtiI5CQ9I9O4fCKA_TB43IOB-TA8-xdMjdDIQwj6ZGGB8aC7H8yTE2vK9aJK6kshYmuio1_l-z_sakKh_P3yVfWnsSqSZ9Hriz1d3tC5DKM4uf56FAcR0MHg88SKwQtzQRVxonItloPiPS1mJUp_FoIN3qRfEDMg1MscFq3mO0T40hZJDYWfebqPrU1x7plWL3hYiD4UUn94kRRbdVKoO9oZTQouovTAF-FOjMyowbA_Pk87ZF70bLbEPu3YGxoIWsxzq3R1F4i8179njGIOiSq42Rhn3BjYCUPjBWC4pK-2bndL2gvw-wFDGp3yOBP7BKuqxaEiV2AhceNuDO82i96QBCv5ovAt2Pht-xPZiFAW3zYbAKI_lMEl-ffwUsmRqrAAwgcz6fOkgOm-K13LkkQQn-Pf-zstb1F__l75V3I2jf2soWgZlqLc8n4YzB28ALu2eXb9pIljbnYxry8172pOHNRX8-hBWoX-7ciwXUfHR4sRKEkW5qTM_T7rX1SuxI3JF-Xod3ucOxCAj4xqnBQ3djLcP3uhXZhtqYELQx0LTRu9PB4mID-rub-GH96mXB_cPnQbrmKmMnCShHgWgihvtmn4EWRx_Bt5WFx6rbI0gu__62dLn9nvqNEQ=w1015-h761-no

There were plenty of tables for 2 in the MDR on Equinox in December 2016. Some near window. Albeit, there's not a large gap between you and your neighbours.

Agreed with earlier posts to go to the MDR upon your arrival. I would go as soon as you board.

IF you are in traditional seating......When you board and check in you'll get your table number. In the schedule of events for the day which will be in your room, check the time to see the maitre d in the upstairs MDR. He's usually there around 1:30 or 2. He will be able to show you the location of your table and assure it's the two top.

Many of them are 12-15 inches apart. Not private.

We had Select Dining on our last cruise on Equinox and asked to be seated in the "private" section which is in the rear of the dining room. We enjoyed the relative quiet and tables for two. It reminded us of Blu both in terms of size and atmosphere. There are many tables for two in that area.

We were treated very well by Reymond and his assistant. Interestingly enough' date=' Reymond had been our waiter in Blu on Reflection last September. He remembered us and my DH's preference for Arnold Palmer's as well as dark rolls. We were so happy to be seated in his section of the MDR that we asked to be seated there each night.

[img']https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Augy3yFaqsQDQqflztwmjnCU1CtJT3wMqz0-pFOUo3r1-dETQ4Lzg9CMSOTree5qfxDxHFeAj2kzIlZ5Af9Z4mGBjM0g5dP6U6A7NOaEc8FhZdJKxu2hFINoWF274qcl9La7lsGbIMfb0mVKzAdOIDcTTNetrObmop4Ow7RDNtJhp-XfS000G5DCuzYmEZzExGlMzFMYxpJ7NVQh4ka4bB_PDDFyZ_oMKyVcpmjGlcH21uxVXiwDDuVkmfPkANW-jEG4_KFPr8039fvDWPEdNnUMrFadCLhDrKP5kIRZxPejRL0E56MpvMpyHUcXDZQhOcz_w6zxs73296lsNZ4_TZKoBWqJ-91iqYgqd3QYzAyXlB2GDN9EqYJfedEakuZkcxPrMrQTH7YHTpj0mbKYdvZ_hSD2OTcqUm26EHlGKvknE-OoTB9YZCtAt7v9OBGrvgvEkuKqPGmnezz51ou1JDYftySkkMFgbeo69_OW3B-NB0n8LPNPvyugGLed8GnZPmhZEplc2GZZqTlfDFLbhsBa2oK7A459QxDKaaVc-e4GO-yVRo1Ef7leGZzQZrI-0ZOtEBe-nGDu4SaWCKGup1h1BMjW53LtrNHDLOYzjAS51mezI2bzl0w52k-ZtVe5rbxCxWRPHn7uADI7FoApyhLbWj3IkA_EIda7BRVCKAqzug=w401-h301-no[/img]

Those "private" tables at the back, is that on the upper level of the MDR? Last time we sailed Select was upstairs but then I heard they were switching Select dining to the lower level, mind you that was on the Summit and our upcoming cruise is on Equinox. We always enjoyed the 2 tops along the railing in the upper level, found those as private as it gets but when they changed to lower level we're wondering where to find private 2 tops and your table looks good!

Cathy

Those "private" tables at the back, is that on the upper level of the MDR? Last time we sailed Select was upstairs but then I heard they were switching Select dining to the lower level, mind you that was on the Summit and our upcoming cruise is on Equinox. We always enjoyed the 2 tops along the railing in the upper level, found those as private as it gets but when they changed to lower level we're wondering where to find private 2 tops and your table looks good!

Cathy

We were on Equinox in April/May of this year and Select Dining was upstairs. We were seated at 2 tops near the front of the dining room, the first three nights, and found it to be very noisy. My DH has some hearing problems so carrying on a conversation was difficult. I was also not impressed with the sommeliers that were working in the areas where we were seated those nights. So, on night 4, we decided to enter the MDR on the other side (entrance on the right) and asked to be seated in a quiet section. That is when we discovered the "private" dining area in the back of the MDR. We loved it!

The photo of the 2 top was taken at breakfast and that table was located in the front of the dining room on the same side (enter on the right). They seem to work from the front to the back when seating people for breakfast. We were seated at 2 tops that were lined up (see the tables running top to bottom in my photo) for breakfast. The ones in the private sections are predominately placed in lines starting at the windows and running into the MDR as you can see in that photo. We had no issues close neighbors at breakfast or dinner. More often than not, people at neighboring tables were generally friendly and pleasantries were exchanged. The extent of conversation during our meals varied but that is fine with us.

I'd encourage you to ask to be seated in Reymond's section if you are on Equinox and have Select Dining. He is a wonderful waiter and will take very good care of you.